By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Watch & Rate BATMAN RETURNS (1992) -- Batman Film Celebration Week

Welcome to BATMAN FILM CELEBRATION WEEK!

The highly anticipated sequel to BATMAN.

It's the 20th anniversary for the movie now & it's a great time to revisit it!

The movie was lauded for its dark nature & themes + the portrayal of catwoman by Michelle was universally adored.

However parents of children were shocked by this movie & a much lower gross than BATMAN led the studio to believe the film suffered from less than good word of mouth.

This resulted in Warner Bros taking the Batman Franchise in a different direction (which ended in ultimate disaster).

With The Dark Knight Returns so close it's time to REWATCH the old Batman movies & rate them. Todays movie to rate is THE BATMAN!

I'm watching this later today!

If you remember it rate it, or watch it to hold you off till the sun RISES on July 20th! 

______

Timetable for BATMAN FILM CELEBRATION WEEK:

--------------- Burton's -------------------

12th July - The BATMAN (1989)

13th July - BATMAN RETURNS (1992)

Then we will move on...

--------------- Animated Series/Movies ------------

14th July - BATMAN : Mask Of Phantasm

15th July - BATMAN : The Animated Series 

Moving on...

--------------- Schumacher's -------------------

16th July - BATMAN FOREVER (1995)

17th July - BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)

And finally

--------------- Nolan's -------------------

18th July - BATMAN BEGINS (2005)

19th July - THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)

20th July - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012)

So BATMAN RETURNS today & we'll end with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES rating thread on 20th July...exciting times are ahead for us fellow rodents! 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I liked those one a lot and Danny Davito was pretty solid as the penguin. 9/10

I love Batman Returns!

Both villains are very well portrayed by Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer (Christopher Walken is also very enjoyable as Max Schreck). While the movie definitely has a dark tone, it's far from the realistic vision of the Batman universe found in Nolan's films. Burton's influence is very present and really makes the movie unique and truly enjoyable.

I would personally place it as the second best Batman movie (under The Dark Knight).

Signature goes here!

I remember when I was younger, I liked this movie better than Batman. But then I grew up. Looking at them individually though I'm going to have to say Returns is a solid movie. My dissapointments: No Alexander Knox, lack of 80s style, circus based enemies instead of hired goons, Catwoman's origin, overall plot is a bit dissapointing. My appreciations: Christopher Walken is amazing as always, Michelle Pfeiffer was a great Catwoman, Batman's cowl looks even more bad ass than before, Penguin's umbrellas, the ending was great.

From what I remember, I liked it, but thought Danny DeVito's character was just so unlikeable and vile that I didn't care that much - and the film was less interesting as a result. It just sucked the fun out of it - cause you don't hate him, or love to hate him, I just wanted him to go away.

It's like at a party, when someone places a plate of delicious yummy warm brownies in front of you and that socially awkward weird kid make it look like he licks them all. Then he awkwardly laughs, to himself, and everyone else is silent. You can't tell if he did or didn't but you just don't care to eat them anymore and hope you are never around him ever again. People start making excuses to leave the party, just to get away from the weird kid.

With all that, I do need to watch it again and see if my opinion has adjusted.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

The Batsuit in returns:

Not much changed really from the first. Must say I still love the Bat logo with the yellow surrounding!

BAtmobile:

Once again stayed pretty much the same. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Like the first Burton movie its a solid 9/10 for me but out the two I prefer the first... just.

Oh and Batman Returns on SNES was amazing!

I love this movie

excellent movie, I loved it and the Snes game was great. You forgot to add Batman Under the Red Hood, a fantastic animated movie, probably the best one

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069