By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Watch & Rate BATMAN RETURNS (1992) -- Batman Film Celebration Week

Awesome movie. Watched this one a lot too when I was younger, and even then I loved its darker approach.

8,5/10

Around the Network

It's a shame that Nolan's going to end his run with a stale fart.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Okay:
Batman: Good, not my favorite though. 7.5/10.
Batman Returns: Excellent, I adore it. 9.5/10

I won't watch Batman Forever or Batman and Robin though.
I won't watch Nolan't series either because I already watched the hell lut of them these past months.

Also, Batman: Under the Red Hood was amazing the first time, will rewatch it soon.

i hate this movie because i dont get the part at the end when catwoman suddenly appears from world war 2 *_*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBvlGF5nD7s&feature=relmfu

1:32min

well not the whole movie ill give it 7.9/10 :D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

The best part for me was Danny Davitoas the penguin. He played a very loathed but at the same time sympathetic character. I remember almost crying at the end when he died though looking back at it, it almost felt like a cartoon when a few penguins (animals) carried penguin to his grave.

I didn't like catwoman in this movie, maybe its because her transformation into catwoman was so unrealistic. The movie felt slow at times and batman's suit limited batman's movements making some action scenes slow.

I liked that they keep the movie dark and mature (most of the time)

Overall 7/10

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
retroking1981 said:
Oh and Batman Returns on SNES was amazing!

That it was.  The only thing that could have made it more awesome would have been coop, though I have no idea what other character they'd use.  Grabbing two guys and bashing their heads together NEVER got old :D

Actually, the SNES had an unusually high amount of amazing licensed games.  Batman Returns, Power Rangers: The Movie, Turtles in Time, The Lion King, Aladdin, Bugs Bunny... I guess it's just easier to make a good sidescrolling platformer or beat-em-up than a 3D game.

Anyhow, on-topic!  Batman Returns was quite enjoyable, but I have the (admittedly unpopular) opinion that my favourite pre-Nolan bat-flick was Forever.  Granted, it was also my first Batman movie, but I thought Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones were hilarious.  Plus, I don't care what anyone says, the soundtrack kicked ass.

Obviously Batman and Robin sucks.  To quote the Nostalgia Critic: "*sniff*... A BAT CREEEDIT CARD, YOU BASTARDS?!?!  RAPE MY CHILDHOOD, WILL YOU?!?!"

As far as the Keaton ones are concerned, I like them both a lot, but I have to give the nod to the original by a long shot.  My favourite Bat-villain played by a brilliant actor, not to mention that they make Bruce a really interesting character.  Nolan's movies just have him depressed whenever he's outside the suit.  In the first movie, Keaton seems like a real person in that, while he's crushed by what happened to his parents, he is still capable of acting normal.  Returns was too depressing for me.

So in conclusion, TDK>every other movie ever made  :D

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'm watching it right now and really loving it. Thoroughly entertaining film. Tim Burton can't direct action and his version of Batman doesn't seem like he's capable of handling any situation but I'm happy with this movie.

I remember when I saw it in theaters back in '92. I went to the bathroom when the penguins (the bird, not the villain) were attacking the city. When I came back, Penguin (the villain, not the bird) was coughing up blood and he died. I was like, "WHAT THE FUCK DID I MISS!?"

Anyway, this is my second favorite Bat-film of all time. With time running short before Friday, I'm gonna skip the Schumacher films and jump right into Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins, tomorrow.

And here's Jeremy Jahn's take on things.  I don't agree with a lot of this one, though:

Just bought my ticket to the Batman marathon. 8 hours in a theatre. Gonna be intense!

darkknightkryta said:
Just bought my ticket to the Batman marathon. 8 hours in a theatre. Gonna be intense!

Which films are they showing?  The Nolan ones?

I'm a fan but I think I'd be pretty burned out after eight hours.  Good luck to you, though!