By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted rip off for 360 and PC! ......omg this is so wrong, Sony should sue ;-)

Khuutra said:

You keep saying that, so obviously you believe it

And I'll grant that Uncharted's success probably has something to do with this game's setting

But can you actually qualify calling it an Uncharted ripoff in a way that won't also reference Romancing the Stone?

Well, I've never watched Romancing the Stone (I probably should), but to go back to say Indiana Jones, just the main protagonist is very different from Nathan Drake, and so are the supporting actors/actresses. True that Indy's father is somewhat the older supporting role, but the look of Henry was much different from Scully (I only played till chapter 9 so I don't completely remember his name, plus he died early).

I mean, all of us have yet to actually have hands on with this "unique" adventure, but from the first pics its hard not to see how it would be a clone.

Either way, I think that was Sal's point, and that's what made me chuckle.

Around the Network

Using what we know so far, the setting, environments, art design, visuals, and characters all look extremely similar to Uncharted. At face value, it does seem rip off Uncharted. However, I'm sure you people are smart enough to know that looks are not substance of a game. Gameplay is the main factor of a game's substance. We need to see how this game plays out to really determine if the game is a rip off. It does seem to share a strikingly strong resemblance with Uncharted, way more than Uncharted shares with Tomb Raider, however gameplay could prove the game is drastically different. Or it could confirm what the visuals suggest and it could be a straight clone.

I'm surprised people are comparing this game and Uncharted to Uncharted and Tomb Raider. Yes, Tomb Raider did heavily inspire Uncharted, but drastically less than how Uncharted appears to have inspired this game. In fact, if someone made a thread titled "Uncharted: Golden Abyss 2 announced" and included those pictures, except for the ones with the characters, then I'm sure at least half of the viewers would believe the pictures were actually from Uncharted. This resemblance is too strong to even be compared to Uncharted and Tomb Raider.

man u guys r idiots, f**kin trolls

nen-suer said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Haha, perfect. I'd also like to caption the second picture "what I thought this thread would be like" and the first picture "reality". 

happydolphin said:
chocoloco said:

There should be a thread with 1,000 posts half of them crying and bitching how MS is stealing Sony's valor an honor as a company. Half the posts should be him losing it in tears.

*Reusable youtube vid not funny*

This post is so full of Fail I don't know where to start. 1) Where the heck does MS fit in this thread? I'm a Nintendo fan with an issue with Sony copying, not MS. 2) The use of the word valor confuses me. 3) It's and, not an. 4) If you're gonna poke  fun at me at least make it funny.

MS makes people PCs. It was not suppossed to be funny for you. Even so, if you never try you will never succeed. 

OT: I really suspect an average game.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
crissindahouse said:
Sal.Paradise said:
crissindahouse said:
Sal.Paradise said:
theprof00 said:

People really trying to say that uncharted copied tomb raider? Or Indiana Jones?

Wow. Jelly.

The funniest thing is when we get threads about the new Tomb Raider and people complain how it's too similar to Uncharted, yet Uncharted was supposed to be the copycat of Tomb Raider in the first place.....implying the new Tomb Raider is just like the old ones?

Haters always gotta hate, I guess. 

just look at all the snow levels, jungle levels and desert levels in every video game and movie regarding adventuring across the globe 

fixed

ok so that means this game we are talking about here isn't really an uncharted rip off because almost everything you saw there is in other adventurer games and movies right? so why did you open the thread then? it has a plane wreck? yeah like in lost, tomb raider...whatever (i mean, why did you think off uncharted seeing a plane wreck and not of tomb raider which had plain wrecks before?). it has puzzles and traps? yeah like all the other adventure games and movies.  you have crazy enemies? yeah like...

I started the thread because the characters, the specific models (drake and sully, drake's diary, the title music, the concept art) is near-identical, if not exactly identical. I'm not stupid enough to think that any game with a jungle and desert level is a rip off of all the others with jungle and desert levels

yes, i already said that this games takes ideas from uncharted. the protagonists look like the uncharted protagonists. but to mention the other things, that pretty much only shows that uncharted took a lot of ideas from indiana jones. you mention a diary as uncharted rip off, why is it uncharted rip off if uncharted has the idea from indiana jones. or the plane, just because there is a plane you thought "oh like uncharted". and the concept art? no clue how a concept of a room near a treasure chamber or so shall look like but i would say indiana jones concep arts or for like 100 other movies/games like tomb raider looked also like that.

so yes, it takes a lot of ideas from other games or movies. exactly like uncharted did and what was the problem? there wasn't a problem, uncharted was great. which doesn't mean this game will be great, i pretty much believe it will be only average if not even worse.

This game doesn't look nearly as good as Uncharted(3)

Those developers are lazy.
Can't even destroy with a PC Game the most beautiful looking Console game.
Especially the character models are pretty bad...This is like comparing Witcher 2 PC Max Settings(Uncharted 3 PS3) with Witcher 2 from the 360.
Two complete different Generations when you look at the graphics.

chocoloco said:
happydolphin said:
chocoloco said:

There should be a thread with 1,000 posts half of them crying and bitching how MS is stealing Sony's valor an honor as a company. Half the posts should be him losing it in tears.

*Reusable youtube vid not funny*

This post is so full of Fail I don't know where to start. 1) Where the heck does MS fit in this thread? I'm a Nintendo fan with an issue with Sony copying, not MS. 2) The use of the word valor confuses me. 3) It's and, not an. 4) If you're gonna poke  fun at me at least make it funny.

MS makes people PCs. It was not suppossed to be funny for you. Even so, if you never try you will never succeed. 

OT: I really suspect an average game.

M$ makes people PCs?
Where did M$ make my Gaming PC with a GTX680 and so on inside?If it would have been made by M$ it would burn down.
My PC is awesome and so are the brands i use - And guess what?The only part that has something to do is the OS and thats the worst part about the system cause Windows is crap.Gladly its pretty "cheap" =)

hahahhaha excellent :D I look forward to this..and I'm glad to see almost every sony fan seeing this not getting angry about it either lol this is the best form of flattery and shows the standing Uncharted series has in the gaming world now. so wanna be 'inspired' go right ahead

wish they had used ugh....some creativity at least in the character designs tho...this is just lazy but oh well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

crissindahouse said:
Sal.Paradise said:
theprof00 said:

People really trying to say that uncharted copied tomb raider? Or Indiana Jones?

Wow. Jelly.

The funniest thing is when we get threads about the new Tomb Raider and people complain how it's too similar to Uncharted, yet Uncharted was supposed to be the copycat of Tomb Raider in the first place.....implying the new Tomb Raider is just like the old ones?

Haters always gotta hate, I guess. 

tomb raider "stole" some ideas from indiana jones, uncharted some from tomb raider and some others (like the cover-system) and indiana jones and the new tomb raider is "stealing" some ideas from uncharted combining it with old tomb raider and indiana jones stuff. so every new invention used something of the one before. just look at all the snow levels, jungle levels and desert levels in tomb raider before uncharted was released. btw i believe the plane wreck in this game is from tomb raider and not from uncharted if you thought uncharted had a plane wreck before tomb raider^^

Are we really going to talk about this?

kowenicki said:

wow... lol.

sombody sure is upset...

Rightfully so. Chocoloco is asking for it. This is supposed to be a fun thread.