By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted rip off for 360 and PC! ......omg this is so wrong, Sony should sue ;-)

Karma is a bitch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Karma is a bitch.

Explain.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

crissindahouse said:
Sal.Paradise said:
crissindahouse said:
Sal.Paradise said:
theprof00 said:

People really trying to say that uncharted copied tomb raider? Or Indiana Jones?

Wow. Jelly.

The funniest thing is when we get threads about the new Tomb Raider and people complain how it's too similar to Uncharted, yet Uncharted was supposed to be the copycat of Tomb Raider in the first place.....implying the new Tomb Raider is just like the old ones?

Haters always gotta hate, I guess. 

just look at all the snow levels, jungle levels and desert levels in every video game and movie regarding adventuring across the globe 

fixed

ok so that means this game we are talking about here isn't really an uncharted rip off because almost everything you saw there is in other adventurer games and movies right? so why did you open the thread then? it has a plane wreck? yeah like in lost, tomb raider...whatever (i mean, why did you think off uncharted seeing a plane wreck and not of tomb raider which had plain wrecks before?). it has puzzles and traps? yeah like all the other adventure games and movies.  you have crazy enemies? yeah like...

I started the thread because the characters, the specific models (drake and sully, drake's diary, the title music, the concept art) is near-identical, if not exactly identical. I'm not stupid enough to think that any game with a jungle and desert level is a rip off of all the others with jungle and desert levels

Ajescent said:
Slimebeast said:
Ajescent said:
Slimebeast said:

Uncharted is a bastardized version of Tomb Raider while Adventurer seems to be an improved version of Uncharted.

Watch the video in the OP, truthful to the design mentality of Eastern Europe this game actually has its focus on gameplay instead of cinematics.

For realz?

The graphics are already better than Uncharted's (PC version shown) but more importantly what we saw was better interaction with the environment, both in exploration and the puzzle segments. And they said Adventurer will have much exploration.

Which true explorer doesn't actually have to explore to get treasures? Only Nathan Drake.

In this game you need a compass and maps to search for treasures in complex environments.

My take on this is:

Since one is FPS and the other is TPS, the comparisons should end there.

But if we must, I think you are being a tad unfair to Uncharted, it did have its puzzles and the visuals of "Adventurer" in my books are equal to that of Uc3, if that's the PC version then I'd say expect a drop on the 360 version (not stick figures, but you know what I mean)

I think it's early to be championing this game as either better or worse. wait a while longer.

Well, this thread's OP drew the comparison and was also I think a tad unfair towards Adventurer.

Anyway, I agree with you that we don't know much yet. This is probably a 2013 release.

chocoloco said:

There should be a thread with 1,000 posts half of them crying and bitching how MS is stealing Sony's valor an honor as a company. Half the posts should be him losing it in tears.

*Reusable youtube vid not funny*

This post is so full of Fail I don't know where to start. 1) Where the heck does MS fit in this thread? I'm a Nintendo fan with an issue with Sony copying, not MS. 2) The use of the word valor confuses me. 3) It's and, not an. 4) If you're gonna poke  fun at me at least make it funny.

Around the Network

I'm not actually clear on what's happening in this thread.

Khuutra said:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure either.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

chocoloco said:
Sal.Paradise said:
happydolphin said:
Bahaha :D

As both an Uncharted fan and a person with strong opinions on imitation in the games industry, I expect you to be particularly incensed by this  

There should be a thread with 1,000 posts half of them crying and bitching how MS is stealing Sony's valor an honor as a company. Half the posts should be him losing it in tears.

Nah choco, ease up on the happyD hate. I'm just joking around with him, no need to get so combative. 

Ajescent said:
Khuutra said:

I kind of assumed people were being facetious about this being an Uncharted rip-off

But then some people came in and I'm pretty sure they are serious about it

Khuutra said:
Ajescent said:
Khuutra said:

I kind of assumed people were being facetious about this being an Uncharted rip-off

But then some people came in and I'm pretty sure they are serious about it

Yes, that's what I thought at first, but as always with the Internet, it soon became serious business.