By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted rip off for 360 and PC! ......omg this is so wrong, Sony should sue ;-)

Slimebeast said:

Uncharted is a bastardized version of Tomb Raider while Adventurer seems to be an improved version of Uncharted.

Watch the video in the OP, truthful to the design mentality of Eastern Europe this game actually has its focus on gameplay instead of cinematics.

You speak the truth. Uncharted's cinematics would have been bearable if its gameplay wasn't so shallow and easy. The game is streamlined for 6 yr olds.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Around the Network
Icy-Zone said:
Slimebeast said:

Uncharted is a bastardized version of Tomb Raider while Adventurer seems to be an improved version of Uncharted.

Watch the video in the OP, truthful to the design mentality of Eastern Europe this game actually has its focus on gameplay instead of cinematics.

You speak the truth. Uncharted's cinematics would have been bearable if its gameplay wasn't so shallow and easy. The game is streamlined for 6 yr olds.

Yes, this feature is only exclusive to the Uncharted games and to none other...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
Slimebeast said:

For realz?

The graphics are already better than Uncharted's (PC version shown) but more importantly what we saw was better interaction with the environment, both in exploration and the puzzle segments. And they said Adventurer will have much exploration.

Which true explorer doesn't actually have to explore to get treasures? Only Nathan Drake.

In this game you need a compass and maps to search for treasures in complex environments.

crissindahouse said:
Sal.Paradise said:
theprof00 said:

People really trying to say that uncharted copied tomb raider? Or Indiana Jones?

Wow. Jelly.

The funniest thing is when we get threads about the new Tomb Raider and people complain how it's too similar to Uncharted, yet Uncharted was supposed to be the copycat of Tomb Raider in the first place.....implying the new Tomb Raider is just like the old ones?

Haters always gotta hate, I guess. 

just look at all the snow levels, jungle levels and desert levels in every video game and movie regarding adventuring across the globe 

fixed

i really like their studio, looks like a familiar atmosphere and nice to work there.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
happydolphin said:
Bahaha :D

As both an Uncharted fan and a person with strong opinions on imitation in the games industry, I expect you to be particularly incensed by this  

There should be a thread with 1,000 posts half of them crying and bitching how MS is stealing Sony's valor an honor as a company. Half the posts should be him losing it in tears.

Sal.Paradise said:
crissindahouse said:
Sal.Paradise said:
theprof00 said:

People really trying to say that uncharted copied tomb raider? Or Indiana Jones?

Wow. Jelly.

The funniest thing is when we get threads about the new Tomb Raider and people complain how it's too similar to Uncharted, yet Uncharted was supposed to be the copycat of Tomb Raider in the first place.....implying the new Tomb Raider is just like the old ones?

Haters always gotta hate, I guess. 

just look at all the snow levels, jungle levels and desert levels in every video game and movie regarding adventuring across the globe 

fixed

ok so that means this game we are talking about here isn't really an uncharted rip off because almost everything you saw there is in other adventurer games and movies right? so why did you open the thread then? it has a plane wreck? yeah like in lost, tomb raider...whatever (i mean, why did you think off uncharted seeing a plane wreck and not of tomb raider which had plain wrecks before?). it has puzzles and traps? yeah like all the other adventure games and movies.  you have crazy enemies? yeah like...

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

be defensive =/= laughing at stupid comments

It's funny how some people don't get the humor in this thread! *looks at chocoloco*

Ajescent said:
SnakeDrake said:
Nolan North better voice Drek

It would be funny if he was actually called "Drek"

They should call him Derkaderkastan.

Slimebeast said:
Ajescent said:
Slimebeast said:

For realz?

The graphics are already better than Uncharted's (PC version shown) but more importantly what we saw was better interaction with the environment, both in exploration and the puzzle segments. And they said Adventurer will have much exploration.

Which true explorer doesn't actually have to explore to get treasures? Only Nathan Drake.

In this game you need a compass and maps to search for treasures in complex environments.

My take on this is:

Since one is FPS and the other is TPS, the comparisons should end there.

But if we must, I think you are being a tad unfair to Uncharted, it did have its puzzles and the visuals of "Adventurer" in my books are equal to that of Uc3, if that's the PC version then I'd say expect a drop on the 360 version (not stick figures, but you know what I mean)

I think it's early to be championing this game as either better or worse. wait a while longer.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?