By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted rip off for 360 and PC! ......omg this is so wrong, Sony should sue ;-)

theprof00 said:

Are we really going to talk about this?

not sure what you want to show. the first video alone takes half an hour and i don' really want to watch that so long not to talk about an unbelievable slow internent which let me watch youtube videos only in super bad.

Around the Network

Looks at Uncharted... looks at Adventurer... reads comments... looks at title again... laughs!

I feel sorry for some of you guys!

kowenicki said:

so a mindless rant full of small minded venom, lies and childishness in response is ok then....

Not really, but he asked for it. So I take back that what he said was ok, but Choco had it coming to him, honestly.

Here is a list of movies like Uncharted
"http://www.imdb.com/list/ddVU24p0hpQ/"
There isn't a single one that has any of the same scenes as uncharted.

The difference between copying and inspiration, is pretty simple. Copied elements are the same gameplay or approach, inspired elements can be a copied gameplay but in a new spin. An example of copying would be a cover band, and an inspired would be a sampled song.
In terms of video games, crackdown would be an inspired GTA, and Saints Row would be a copied GTA.
Similarly, Uncharted would be an inspired tomb raider, whereas arabian nights prince of persia is a copied tomb raider.

The difference is distinction.

theprof00 said:
Here is a list of movies like Uncharted
"http://www.imdb.com/list/ddVU24p0hpQ/"
There isn't a single one that has any of the same scenes as uncharted.

The difference between copying and inspiration, is pretty simple. Copied elements are the same gameplay or approach, inspired elements can be a copied gameplay but in a new spin. An example of copying would be a cover band, and an inspired would be a sampled song.
In terms of video games, crackdown would be an inspired GTA, and Saints Row would be a copied GTA.
Similarly, Uncharted would be an inspired tomb raider, whereas arabian nights prince of persia is a copied tomb raider.

The difference is distinction.

this 100%

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:

not sure what you want to show. the first video alone takes half an hour and i don' really want to watch that so long not to talk about an unbelievable slow internent which let me watch youtube videos only in super bad.

I'll narrate it then. The only plane crash scene in indy involves them being in a small biplane type plane, and it running out of fuel, and the cargo is chickens and such, and it's an intense scene where they are trying to steady the plane but also thinking about abandoning, and all this stuff is hampering their progress.

The tomb raider plane crash is simply a level where you find a plane in the jungle. There is also an FMV where she flies a plane from a dock and it crashes in the snow while she parachutes out.

The Uncharted plane scene is him fighting through a cargo plane after being discovered as a stowaway. He gets knocked off the plane a couple times, but grabs onto hanging debris that is falling out. There is a big guy there fucking up drake, and keeps kicking him off. The scenes in their entirety are vastly vastly different from each other.

So yeah, not the same at all.

The OP video is clearly copied content and gameplay.

lilbroex said:

How can this be a rip of something that is a rip off of every generic treasure hunting game that has ever been made? I guess no one is allowed to search for treasure in a jungle anymore now that uncharted has done just like how no one is allowed to take cover behind and object and shoot since it was done in Mass Effect and Gear of War.

It automatically means they are copying those games now since all of those games were the first to do it apparently.

Ajescent said:

Hey, it's a FPS thus automatically making it different to UnCharted and besides there's already been another Uncharted "rip" from an Arabic company.

P.S

Indiana Jones called, he wants...well, he wants everything back to be honest. 

/Pokerface

Imaginedvl said:
I know this is going to make some people unhappy but to be honnest I always thought Uncharted was already a rip off of Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones with few additionnal gameplay element (shooter). It is original in its own way but certainly not a new genre.

That being said, I do not see how this could be called a rip off (but this is my personnal oppinion of course).

Well said. Uncharted was nothing unique.

For most fanboys, everything that looks even remotely similar is a copy of their preferred version.

If you've actually played the Uncharted games, you'd know that some of those screenshots are nearly aesthetically identical to certain scenes in the games.

That being said, I can't even begin to describe how little I care about any similarities between the two games. Does this game make me enjoy Uncharted any more? Absolutely not. And who knows, maybe I'll like this game, too.

I literally just saw this thread on GAF. Was this thread "inspired" as well? Shame on you, Sal!

theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:

I'll narrate it then. The only plane crash scene in indy involves them being in a small biplane type plane, and it running out of fuel, and the cargo is chickens and such, and it's an intense scene where they are trying to steady the plane but also thinking about abandoning, and all this stuff is hampering their progress.

The tomb raider plane crash is simply a level where you find a plane in the jungle. There is also an FMV where she flies a plane from a dock and it crashes in the snow while she parachutes out.

The Uncharted plane scene is him fighting through a cargo plane after being discovered as a stowaway. He gets knocked off the plane a couple times, but grabs onto hanging debris that is falling out. There is a big guy there fucking up drake, and keeps kicking him off. The scenes in their entirety are vastly vastly different from each other.

So yeah, not the same at all.

The OP video is clearly copied content and gameplay.

but i didn't even mention indiana jones plane scenes? i just said, if you take a picture of this "adventurer" game here and say "Looks like he found Drake's crashed plane..", you can also say "tomb raider had a plane wreck (and hundred other games but other genre), why should this be a stolen idea from uncharted?" and i did not even mean that plane, i meant this in the snow haha:

no clue why i or other people should think about uncharted when they see a plane wreck in some trees just because both are games you hunt for treasures when another treasure hunter game had plane wrecks before. that's what i wanted to say with my statement.

pezus said:
Millenium said:
LucasArts should sue Sony for taking Indy and degrading it then I guess.

They should thank them instead for making games worthy of the Indiana Jones name

They're not even close. *Sorrycurrentlynoaccestoappropriatetrollmemepicmaybenexttime*