By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsophobia has to stop!

happydolphin said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I've know of more than a few die hard fanboys buying company stock. That's just sick.

? Why? Some of us buy VG stock because we understand the market. It's not sick it's actually pretty smart.

I think you're overly cynical.

I don't have anything againt anyone buying stock in anything for finacial reasons. I was talking about a fanboy who buys stock BECAUSE they love the company regardless of if it's a smart finacial move or not.

With that said,  it is a sort of a trading guidline not to buy stock in anything you are emotionaly attached to. You're supposed to buy low and sell high. Being emotionarly attached to a company can get in the way of doing that properly.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I've know of more than a few die hard fanboys buying company stock. That's just sick.

? Why? Some of us buy VG stock because we understand the market. It's not sick it's actually pretty smart.

You understand the market so you buy stock in three companies that are hemoraghing money?

Haha, k, I'll reply to both of you here :)

spenderzz said:
happydolphin said:
kain_kusanagi said:

You understand the market so you buy stock in three companies that are hemoraghing money?

The thing I understand about the VG stock market is that it's cyclical. Right now, I have stock in two companies: 1) THQ and 2) Nintendo.

The reason I went with THQ is that it's at an all-time low (just was reverse-split from being a penny stock) and with the restructure and Darksiders II coming out I see the upward swing start for that stock.

For Nintendo, it's the only VG manufacturer I fully understand that is purely in the gaming business (the other 2 are affected by markets and industries I much less understand). Having studied the transitional trend from gen 6 to 7, I cound it safe to assume the stock will have an upward swing this holiday, beginning in August this year.

@kain. Okay, I didn't see what you meant. Yeah, for sure it's important not to be emotionally attached to stock, I am emotionally attached to Nintendo, I'll admit, but not enough to affect how I predict the trend in the company's stock. This is my hard-earned money after all! :)

Here's my VGStockz thread -> http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139987&page=1#

TruckOSaurus said:
Mnementh said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Mnementh said:
Time for XBOX-pride parade and Oreos with green filling!

I got you covered

Hmm, yummy.

(Were you waiting for the mentioning of oreos?)

Nope but you really can find anything on Google Image.

@tads: I never leave food out for more than three months so not that long.

Oh yea, Watch your cookies!!!

Raider84 said:
sales2099 said:
kitler53 said:
sales2099 said:

Well this forum is composed of "mostly" North American or UK users. Those areas are 360 turf. So naturally its the more preferred console.

Its just the PS3 minority is waaaaaaay more vocal.

IMO........better online, better multiplats, fewer/more relevant exclusives, XBLA is outstanding every year, Kinect > Move, more timed/exclusive DLC, and 360/PC games (where as a PS3 gamer needs a PC to do what 360 has).

Offcourse my opinion will be scrutinized, but Im used to that. 

it's not that we're louder, it's that there are literally more of us...  360 fans our in the minority.

IMO........free online, increadible psn+ offeriing, same multiplates, more and better exclusives, psn is outstanding every year, move > kinect, lol at timed exclusive, ps3 games (where a 360 gamer need a ps3 to do what the ps3 has).

Well Id say that your not only louder, but that I can counter by saying 360 fans arent even on forums much anymore. Maybe they know what they like and arent insecure enough to tell the whole internet about it. You can say I am here, but then again I have no real need to be. 360 sales are greater then that of PS3 (aka winner) so I have no real pressure.

IMO....it all comes back to sales. : This is the first time a Sony console has not been 1st. More so its last. Sony fans all of a sudden arent on the winning team. THATS how  "Microsophobia" was born. It was MS more so then Nintendo that is responsible for Sonys position this gen. You see more PS3 fans because there is strength in numbers. 360 fans have no need to do such things. 

People here like to sweep sentiments like this under the rug but I assure you they are more real then the neutrals like to ever believe. 

You say it all comes down to sales.... I can't remember the last week that 360 outsold the PS3 WW. Which is all that matters to the companys bottom line. Sales. The PS3 has sold more than the 360 almost every single week for almost a year straight. Sure the 360 has it's sales boosted once in a while due to price drop/kinect bundle, but it always falls back in line behind the PS3. I don't understand your point.... Considering your point was false. So if we take your view of it, word for word, you actually feel as though the PS3 is the better console. Because it sells more? 

Not saying that matters either way. I think you are slightly delusional in your rationale tbh. Play games, enjoy them, have fun. What reason do you have to hate someone else for playing their games on the console of their choice. It's not like by me playing my PS3 multiplats or exclusives is hurting you in any way, shape, or form. Why would it bother you? You're an odd cookie. I've never understood how minds like yours work. 

Good luck in life, chief. I mean that. I wish you the best. 

Edit: I understand you mean LTD sales, though the PS3 is what 2 million behind while releasing a full year after it... I'd say Sony isn't losing any sleep over this. They are (most likely) going to finish ahead of the 360 in Lifetime sales, even though the 360 had a FULL year headstart. If that is what you consdier a "win" ... Well, congrats. 

Please. I always sigh at forum people who say pity comments. Were both here wasting our time on this forum regardless of our opinions. You dont know me and if you think my mentality governs how I think and act when my computer is off you got another thing coming. 

Your second paragraph is nether here or there. I dont care at all what you play and if you think PS3 is better. What the issue is is that people  seem to hate on MS for any number of reasons and this hate just eclipses Sony and Nintendo hate. Even though Nintendo abandoned the core with Wii and Sony is in their worst position ever in the gaming industry. 

Your first paragraph means nothing because as you admit, I was referring to LTD sales. But I will say that all though PS3 keeps chipping away at the lead 360 is still on top in the end. 1 year head start? Try MS fighting the PS brand after PS2s massive success, RROD working against them, mainland Europe and Japan is Sonys favour, having free online, and as PS3 fans seem to think......more super dooper awesome exclusives.

I think gen over gen, what MS acclomphished is outstanding. More then doubled Xbox 1 sales and going strong, going to be on the market market at least twice as long, and is now profiting on the whole. Sony gen over gen........nuff said. That is considered a "win" no matter how you slice it. 

Back on topic......Sony fans are used to having their opinion, console, and favourite corporation being #1. MS is the main contributor to their fall from grace. Logically Sonys missteps are as much to blame but Sony fans can never admit to that...so its all MS's fault.

Microsophobia. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
shotlock said:
i LOVE All game companies.
After all, it's just video games, can't we all just get along?
Im a ninteno and sony fan, but i've played the 360 at my friends houses and it's good so i dont have any problem.
*See's incoming sh*tstorm*

So Brave!

I bring you a cupcake.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

when it comes to game consoles, I would consider myself bi, or should I say tri? I play for all three teams...

sales2099 said:

Well this forum is composed of "mostly" North American or UK users. Those areas are 360 turf. So naturally its the more preferred console.

Its just the PS3 minority is waaaaaaay more vocal.

IMO........better online, better multiplats, fewer/more relevant exclusives, XBLA is outstanding every year, Kinect > Move, more timed/exclusive DLC, and 360/PC games (where as a PS3 gamer needs a PC to do what 360 has).

Offcourse my opinion will be scrutinized, but Im used to that. 

I disagree with almost every single one of your points but I'm trying so hard not to start a flame war. It's not easy.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

If they didn't charge to play online I would have a 360, they can still strap whatever they want to a gold account I just want to play online for free. I don't believe its something that should be supported (paying to play online) so I don't give them my money. My friend who was an xbot got a ps3 this year and after a week asked me "Why was I paying for gold?" He now has ps+ and says it a better value than gold.

Like I said, if they make online play available for silver members ill go for it. Since they wont, ill never own a Xbox console.

I don't come here for a couple of days and miss this thread...

OT While I am a Nintendo only console owner, I have to confess to occasionally going to a buddies place and hopping on his 360 for a while.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger