By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsophobia has to stop!

amp316 said:

I don't come here for a couple of days and miss this thread...

OT While I am a Nintendo only console owner, I have to confess to occasionally going to a buddies place and hopping on his 360 for a while.

I hope your friend doesn't mind that you're "doing" his 360.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

I find that most hardcore 360 haters secretly long to play MS’s games. Many times I have seen one of them get drunk, losing their inhibitions and ending up spending the night with Forza. Of course, the next morning, they would deny the whole thing or minimize it saying they were just curious to try it out and that they’re still 100% attracted to Gran Turismo but deep down they know they enjoyed it and would do it again if nobody was around.

QUICK! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

The above paragraph cracked me up, like someone is cheating on their wives.

So for my opinion, yes, I do prefer the PS3 for the reasons that everyone know, their exclusive library is far more diverse than MS, PS+ drowning me in freebies, someone said Kinect>Move which I thought was hilarious seeing as how any multiplat game gets lower review scores on kinect cause most of the time it just doesn't work, but I won't say that Move>Kinect, cause they're both shit. Although, if you ever bought the Move and Sport Champions, that Table Tennis game is fucking out of this world! It feels so spot on and I had a blast playing it, but my move has been eating dust pretty much after the first month I bought it a couple years back. Probably my worst ps3 purchase. It really comes down to the games, what is your preference? Many people just simply LOVE shooters (1st or 3rd person), and MS supplies that in droves, so people will flock in that direction. I enjoy diversity in my gaming, and PS3 supplies that in droves so that is where I head.

But yes, there are several MS games that I thought were interesting, nothing I would lose sleep over, but I did want to play. I already played Halo 1 - 3, and by the 3rd one I just got bored of the series so I am cool missing the rest, although if I am given the chance, I would still play Halo 4. I always thought gears was a strong franchise but never got to try that. The only game I really wanted was Alan Wake, but that has come out on Steam and I will purchase it once it gets a good discount (which will be very soon). Back in the day I wanted Splinter Cell: Conviction, but then I got that on Steam so it was all good. Another reason I appreciate the 360 is for its Xbox live games. They get good stuff. Limbo came out first on 360 and I really wanted to try it out and then got the chance when it hit the PS3. Now, Deadlight is coming out on 360 and I am interested in that but will have to wait and see if it comes out on PS3. But the PS3 gives me my fair share of outstanding PSN titles, like the soon to be played Papa & Yo, Unfinished Swan, and previous marvels like Journey, etc.

I have time for 1 console and PC, so my best choice is to go PS3 and PC because many (but not all) of the games that come out on xbox end up being released on PC as well. So I feel like I get a decent taste of what MS has to offer that way. 

They're both good systems. My preferences are better matched by Sony's offerings. That is simply all it boils down to. 

Lmao good job writing this haha Let's bring it back to life haha

Sorry to dissapoint you, but Microsophobia really means the fear of small things.
I know this because Mircros ( Μικρός in Greek) means small, and Phobia ( Φοβία in Greek) means fear.

ThatGreekGuy said:
Sorry to dissapoint you, but Microsophobia really means the fear of small things.
I know this because Mircros ( Μικρός in Greek) means small, and Phobia ( Φοβία in Greek) means fear.

Nope that's Microphobia - http://common-phobias.com/Mikro/phobia.htm

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
ThatGreekGuy said:

Nope that's Microphobia - http://common-phobias.com/Mikro/phobia.htm

It is also Microsophobia. It's also known that way in Greece.

You talk microsophobia because you aren't ready to let go of your privileges.

It's a well known fact that microsoft privilege does exist.

pezus said:
Why was this bumped? And why did JayWood go looking for it? o.O

You know nothing, Pezus Snow.

Signature goes here!

Uh......

I bought a 360 before a PS3 for some change, and I had nothing against Microsoft before owning a 360.

NOW I hate them.

The 360 started off amazing, there were niche exclusives like Lost Odyssey, Too Human, Project Sylpheed, Tales of Vesperia, etc. However since 2009, MS just started focusing on sequels because sequels are where the money is at.

Well I spit on that. Halo was ruined after Halo Reach (Halo 4 is crap, it has less features then reach and the plot is just stupid and childish. Plus Cortana is too human! She was never like this before).

Gears of War was excellent, but now it's over, and Mass Effect went Multiplatform. JRPG exclusives are no where to be seen on the 360 anymore either.

Forza too, Forza Motorsport 3 is my favorite SIM racing game, but Forza 4? They ruined it, now you have to modify your car to a very specific level, and all cars perform equally. You don't need to know shit about cars to do well, and you never race stock cars anymore. The game is no longer about "driving the car of your dreams."

So pt (spit) I say to Microsophobia, this isn't a phobia. Microsoft started as an excellent company, but they are ruining gaming. In the last 4 years, Banjo Kazooie, Forza, and Halo have been ruined, and I feel there is no hope for Conker or Perfect Dark. So what else does Microsoft have left? I don't want to play Kinect, and because of that I've recieved no new experiences in the last 2 years on the 360.

I've learnt to stick with Sony, they won't resort to a line-up of sequels like Microsoft. Look at Uncharted, after 3 games, Naughty Dog went and made a new IP, this late into the consoles life. Kudos to them, and Sony. Shame on Microsoft.

P.S. Nintendo does make a lot of sequels too, but at least they continuously add new IP's (XenoBlade, Last Story, Pikmin, Fire Emblem - outside Japan, Golden Sun, etc). Also the sequels/prequels they do make are genuinly new experiences and very different from older games. Skyward Sword is like no Zelda before it, and same with Metroid: Other M.

Microsoft is shit, I'm sorry. The 360 started amazing, and then went crap near the end. I hope the Nextbox is more like the original X-Box then the 360.

P.P.S. Sorry if this is offensive or breaks any forum rules. I think most people know I own a 360, and support the exclusives (which are excellent). I just wanted to let people know, I think Microsoft is a garbage company.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results