By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsophobia has to stop!

Nah im fine with that

Maybe it will change when their console and in general their stuff is interesting for me again.
Microsoft has NOTHING that isn't better than the stuff from someone else(and i don't like Halo and i have a gaming PC and a PS3 and an Ipad)
Windows is garbage too but sadly it is the most spread OS so we have to live with it on PCs for our games.

Around the Network
YukanaSenix said:
Nah im fine with that

Maybe it will change when their console and in general their stuff is interesting for me again.
Microsoft has NOTHING that isn't better than the stuff from someone else(and i don't like Halo and i have a gaming PC and a PS3 and an Ipad)
Windows is garbage too but sadly it is the most spread OS so we have to live with it on PCs for our games.

You dont have to hide it bro, we all know your a hater of every MS product. Even if MS perfected the GUI. It aparently is not perfect enough. 

Yay!!!

sales2099 said:
kitler53 said:
sales2099 said:

Well this forum is composed of "mostly" North American or UK users. Those areas are 360 turf. So naturally its the more preferred console.

Its just the PS3 minority is waaaaaaay more vocal.

IMO........better online, better multiplats, fewer/more relevant exclusives, XBLA is outstanding every year, Kinect > Move, more timed/exclusive DLC, and 360/PC games (where as a PS3 gamer needs a PC to do what 360 has).

Offcourse my opinion will be scrutinized, but Im used to that. 

it's not that we're louder, it's that there are literally more of us...  360 fans our in the minority.

IMO........free online, increadible psn+ offeriing, same multiplates, more and better exclusives, psn is outstanding every year, move > kinect, lol at timed exclusive, ps3 games (where a 360 gamer need a ps3 to do what the ps3 has).

Well Id say that your not only louder, but that I can counter by saying 360 fans arent even on forums much anymore. Maybe they know what they like and arent insecure enough to tell the whole internet about it. You can say I am here, but then again I have no real need to be. 360 sales are greater then that of PS3 (aka winner) so I have no real pressure.

IMO....it all comes back to sales. : This is the first time a Sony console has not been 1st. More so its last. Sony fans all of a sudden arent on the winning team. THATS how  "Microsophobia" was born. It was MS more so then Nintendo that is responsible for Sonys position this gen. You see more PS3 fans because there is strength in numbers. 360 fans have no need to do such things. 

People here like to sweep sentiments like this under the rug but I assure you they are more real then the neutrals like to ever believe. 

You say it all comes down to sales.... I can't remember the last week that 360 outsold the PS3 WW. Which is all that matters to the companys bottom line. Sales. The PS3 has sold more than the 360 almost every single week for almost a year straight. Sure the 360 has it's sales boosted once in a while due to price drop/kinect bundle, but it always falls back in line behind the PS3. I don't understand your point.... Considering your point was false. So if we take your view of it, word for word, you actually feel as though the PS3 is the better console. Because it sells more? 

Not saying that matters either way. I think you are slightly delusional in your rationale tbh. Play games, enjoy them, have fun. What reason do you have to hate someone else for playing their games on the console of their choice. It's not like by me playing my PS3 multiplats or exclusives is hurting you in any way, shape, or form. Why would it bother you? You're an odd cookie. I've never understood how minds like yours work. 

Good luck in life, chief. I mean that. I wish you the best. 

Edit: I understand you mean LTD sales, though the PS3 is what 2 million behind while releasing a full year after it... I'd say Sony isn't losing any sleep over this. They are (most likely) going to finish ahead of the 360 in Lifetime sales, even though the 360 had a FULL year headstart. If that is what you consdier a "win" ... Well, congrats. 

I don't know. I feel like their is equal hate among the big three.

Nintendo: Lol Wii U, being fashionably late to the hd party is fine, but damn...
Sony: Rofl, hey Sony, how's that Vita workin out for you?
Microsoft: Today we are going to learn a new word. Can you say E-x-c-l-u-s-i-v-e?

Honestly though, People in the thread joking about not feeling safe being a 360 fan, that is exactly how I felt earlier this gen as a PS3 fan. In fact I'd get trolled pretty hard at school due to me waiting for PS3 and it have a really crappy launch. Now things have pretty much turned full circle (because in my opinion PS3 trumps 360 in every way). So now I have fun trolling those people. Am I no better than them? Guess not, but I don't care at this point. After years of being made to feel "inferior" by my peers (who don't know shit about video games btw) it's my turn to get them back. That being said on here I don't troll at all, though I do still hate Microsoft :p (Though I suppose it's just because the people I know who supported/support them are douche bags with no gaming knowledge). I'm a Sony/Nintendo fan, but I do really enjoy the Gears of War series too.

I only have and Xbox as I like Halo and Forza a lot but I mainly play multiplat games so I have no interest in buying a PS3 since TLOU was the game I was really interested into but is not going to be released this year. Most Nintendo games don't interest me where Kinect owns all with Dance Central (no shame in that).

But you won't see me go in Sony/Nintendo threads just to downplay games I don't like. I saw someone pointing Lens of Truth and NG4 and this site is getting almost as bad IMO (not as bad as NG4 though). No matter what console suffers from haters why do people need to come in threads just to hate on games they never cared for in the first place? Just leave it, is it too hard?

It's the same Microsophobia found on french sites, it's getting ridiculous, people need to grow up.

Around the Network

Meh. If a console does great then more people will buy and support it. Just asking people to be more charitable wont help at all l
LOL

Is this like the "Music Guilty Pleasures" Thread? It kind of feels like it...

I'll admit; I like me some Halo.

I will admit, I though Microsoft would have given up after the first Xbox's performance. I loved the HDD, and what they did with Xbox Live, but except for the Halo and Splinter Cell games, it never interested me in the least.

Fast forward to the present and they have blown me away with what they've done with the 360. The only reason I don't own one is because I can get everything I care about (and the exclusives I prefer) on my PS3, however, that looks like it could change with how great Halo 4 looks with its Metroid Prime-ish influence to the series.

It's like this with all camps, and if one camp has more fans, then there obviously will be more hate from them. Microsoft and Xbox fans are not being treated unreasonably on this site.

EDIT: I also agree what Jay520 said, this is a comical thread.

UnitSmiley said:
I don't know. I feel like their is equal hate among the big three.

Nintendo: Lol Wii U, being fashionably late to the hd party is fine, but damn...
Sony: Rofl, hey Sony, how's that Vita workin out for you?
Microsoft: Today we are going to learn a new word. Can you say E-x-c-l-u-s-i-v-e?

Honestly though, People in the thread joking about not feeling safe being a 360 fan, that is exactly how I felt earlier this gen as a PS3 fan. In fact I'd get trolled pretty hard at school due to me waiting for PS3 and it have a really crappy launch. Now things have pretty much turned full circle (because in my opinion PS3 trumps 360 in every way). So now I have fun trolling those people. Am I no better than them? Guess not, but I don't care at this point. After years of being made to feel "inferior" by my peers (who don't know shit about video games btw) it's my turn to get them back. That being said on here I don't troll at all, though I do still hate Microsoft :p (Though I suppose it's just because the people I know who supported/support them are douche bags with no gaming knowledge). I'm a Sony/Nintendo fan, but I do really enjoy the Gears of War series too.

@bold. That's exactly how I feel after years of hearing that Nintendo is doomed and that the Wii is a gimmick. I really want to bash a wall sometimes.