By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsophobia has to stop!

crissindahouse said:
lol i first put the word in a translator before reading op because i wanted to know about what that word means in german^^

I'm not sure if you are being serious but the word doesn't exist.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
crissindahouse said:
lol i first put the word in a translator before reading op because i wanted to know about what that word means in german^^

so now you didn't understand what i wanted to say

i read that word and thought "hmm never heard that in english, let's see what that means in my language"

and then i realized it isn't an english word and started to read the op.

Maybe I am blind, but I see pretty much an equal amount of posters for nintendo, sony, and microsoft. The most minority here is PC gamers (despite most of us on a PC) MMO and PC forums are often dead.

Mr Khan said:
I'm agin it. Kratos is agin it. Samus, she agin it.

So what's your plan? Build a fence around them and drop Halo 3 Mountain Dew from time to time?

Signature goes here!

crissindahouse said:
Ajescent said:
crissindahouse said:

so now you didn't understand what i wanted to say

i read that word and thought "hmm never heard that in english, let's see what that means in my language"

and then i realized it isn't an english word and started to read the op.

I thought that's what you meant, just wanted to make sure.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
kain_kusanagi said:
happydolphin said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I do get tired of all the hate. It's just so stupid. Why do people get so worked up about the plastic case that plays the games they play?

Probably because brand managers trick people into identifying with products:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewJ6Wzmr_V0

This might interest you too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_duck_syndrome

I'm not sure if that applies to console gaming. Baby Duck Syndrome has more to do with the operating system and how you use it. A PS3 and an Xbox 360 play mostly the same games and in the same way. It's not like Playstation fans all learned P-Code so they don't want to have to learn X-Code to use a Xbox. I think it's much more like the stupid rivaly between Ford and Chevy. Fans seem to think the product is somehow a part of them and makes them cool.

A system's a system, it has little to do with code. Do windows users need to learn basic or batch scripting? no. Yes still it applies to them.

Baby duck syndrome applies just as much to HW as it does to SW: "This syndrome has substantial impact on user interface design. Developers must take into account previous user experiences to make users comfortable if they want these users to move or upgrade to their system."

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-cranky50/index.html

I still don't think it applies much. Windows and Mac are just different enough that you could argue baby duck, but when all you have to do is insert a disc and the game starts I just don't think the system itself as what people are identifing with. There were fanboys before consoles even had a boot menu. Fanboys are identifing with the brand as an extension of their being. Fanboys talk about their favorite stuff like cult members talk about being saved. It's more than a preference for the familiarity of a system they learned on.

Talk all you want X-boy, but you ain't convincin' no one 'round here! We all know the truth, so you can just git on out... and take yer dang Microsux dohickey with ya!

At the moment gaming forums on the internet overall aren't really a good place for anyone, so we should rather create better forum for all types of gamers. The problem is: there are way too many idiots (you could also call them trolls, retards, and so on). I haven't really posted much during the past 18 months, mainly because there are so many people who annoy me (there are also quite a lot in this thread). And the fanbase doesn't matter, the number of irreasonable people is equally strong on all three sides.

As long as most people don't realize that quality is subjective I don't see forums becoming a better place...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

A203D said:
Lafiel said:
A203D said:
Who really cares? At the end of the day, both consoles have advantages and disadvantages over each other.

Honestly i have been more interested in multi-platform games this gen more than anything else. i cant deny Sony have let me down here and there, but at the same time i have no interest in Microsoft.

What can i say, its just not a big issue. Games are games, if you want the best you will have to buy both consoles.

both consoles ?

That won't go down well with Nintendo fans ;) .There have been many threads in which they voiced their discontent about being left out of the discussion throughout this gen.

Lol, shit, i actully completely forgot about them. But yeah sorry three consoles and of course PC, which in some aspects is better than all three consoles combined!

You usually get people who come along to these threads about this time who says:

"PC owns all".

And with that comes THIS image:

i know what you mean OP,i bought a second hand phat 80gb just so i could hollow it out and put my 360 inside it,i can't afford to leave home and live in the middle room where my family and their friends walk through,i just tell them i have 2 PS3's incase one breaks,thanks for the thread it gives me strength

Above & Beyond