By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsophobia has to stop!

Once you understand Microsoft is the Borg, then you will realize why you MUST fear them.  This picture is proof:

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
sales2099 said:
kitler53 said:
sales2099 said:

Well this forum is composed of "mostly" North American or UK users. Those areas are 360 turf. So naturally its the more preferred console.

Its just the PS3 minority is waaaaaaay more vocal.

IMO........better online, better multiplats, fewer/more relevant exclusives, XBLA is outstanding every year, Kinect > Move, more timed/exclusive DLC, and 360/PC games (where as a PS3 gamer needs a PC to do what 360 has).

Offcourse my opinion will be scrutinized, but Im used to that. 

it's not that we're louder, it's that there are literally more of us...  360 fans our in the minority.

IMO........free online, increadible psn+ offeriing, same multiplates, more and better exclusives, psn is outstanding every year, move > kinect, lol at timed exclusive, ps3 games (where a 360 gamer need a ps3 to do what the ps3 has).

Well Id say that your not only louder, but that I can counter by saying 360 fans arent even on forums much anymore. Maybe they know what they like and arent insecure enough to tell the whole internet about it. You can say I am here, but then again I have no real need to be. 360 sales are greater then that of PS3 (aka winner) so I have no real pressure.

IMO....it all comes back to sales. : This is the first time a Sony console has not been 1st. More so its last. Sony fans all of a sudden arent on the winning team. THATS how  "Microsophobia" was born. It was MS more so then Nintendo that is responsible for Sonys position this gen. You see more PS3 fans because there is strength in numbers. 360 fans have no need to do such things. 

People here like to sweep sentiments like this under the rug but I assure you they are more real then the neutrals like to ever believe. 

It's people like you makes things worse for xbox gamers. I find the way your mentality works rather amusing. In the future try and learn something from posters like Millenium

Sorry if I explain the seedy tendencies of fans that the civilized forum goers turn a blind eye to. Its something the PS3 fans dont like to acknowledge what their "brothers in arms" do here. You can be as amused as you like. Like what was said here 360 fans are in the minority on the internet.

Microsophobia is the result of MS beating Sony this gen. It is as simple as that.  

Worldwide, sales are pretty much even and Sony is right now selling more worldwide and will probably go past MS during this year. In USA, MS is winning but outside USA, Sony is winning (there are many countries where 360 is pretty much dead, like Japan). Anyway, over 90% of the 360 games are released also on PS3 with pretty much same graphics. And I can always wait few months for games, so for example timed exclusives mean absolutely nothing to me. Heck, I buy almost all my games from sales, I rarely pay full price for any game. And exclusive DLC is always either crap or completely unnecessary and I never pay anything for DLC.

Of course, MS is happier with their sales but in unit sales MS is not beating Sony.

after about a year lurking the forum I can safetly say the vast majority of people on this website are diehard nintendo fanboys. the next biggest number is sony fanboys. and a very small few are xbox players.

the nintendo fanboys are beyond fanboys though, nothing bad can be said about nintendo on this forum or its the apocalypse.
sony fanboys aren't as bad but they will say uncharted is better then all the MS exclusives, and to be honest uncharted isn't that good when you look at it past graphics.
the microsoft players on this forum are few, but they usually don't seem to start ridiulous thread and makes outrageous claims

if you are a gamer, you will go with the games. this gen for the first half the generation gamers were on 360, most still are, but many have either move to PS3 or they got a ps3 along with a 360. next gen who knows. My bet is on Sony this time. microsoft hasn't been showing they care about gamers for years. nintendo is still doing their own thing, but it looks like once again they will be so far behind graphically that they won't have titles like COD, or battlefield, or elder scrolls, so it will be ignored by game devs, and therefore gamers again.

there is a new wildcard and that is the google console that was announced. It won't have big name titles but with such a low price point and free games + dev kits for everyone there might be thousands of good, unique games on the console.

usrevenge said:
after about a year lurking the forum I can safetly say the vast majority of people on this website are diehard nintendo fanboys. the next biggest number is sony fanboys. and a very small few are xbox players.

the nintendo fanboys are beyond fanboys though, nothing bad can be said about nintendo on this forum or its the apocalypse.
sony fanboys aren't as bad but they will say uncharted is better then all the MS exclusives, and to be honest uncharted isn't that good when you look at it past graphics.
the microsoft players on this forum are few, but they usually don't seem to start ridiulous thread and makes outrageous claims

if you are a gamer, you will go with the games. this gen for the first half the generation gamers were on 360, most still are, but many have either move to PS3 or they got a ps3 along with a 360. next gen who knows. My bet is on Sony this time. microsoft hasn't been showing they care about gamers for years. nintendo is still doing their own thing, but it looks like once again they will be so far behind graphically that they won't have titles like COD, or battlefield, or elder scrolls, so it will be ignored by game devs, and therefore gamers again.

there is a new wildcard and that is the google console that was announced. It won't have big name titles but with such a low price point and free games + dev kits for everyone there might be thousands of good, unique games on the console.

meh, so much crap has been said about Nintendo consoles you can blame yourself for that.

sales2099 said:
kitler53 said:
sales2099 said:

Well this forum is composed of "mostly" North American or UK users. Those areas are 360 turf. So naturally its the more preferred console.

Its just the PS3 minority is waaaaaaay more vocal.

IMO........better online, better multiplats, fewer/more relevant exclusives, XBLA is outstanding every year, Kinect > Move, more timed/exclusive DLC, and 360/PC games (where as a PS3 gamer needs a PC to do what 360 has).

Offcourse my opinion will be scrutinized, but Im used to that. 

it's not that we're louder, it's that there are literally more of us...  360 fans our in the minority.

IMO........free online, increadible psn+ offeriing, same multiplates, more and better exclusives, psn is outstanding every year, move > kinect, lol at timed exclusive, ps3 games (where a 360 gamer need a ps3 to do what the ps3 has).

Well Id say that your not only louder, but that I can counter by saying 360 fans arent even on forums much anymore. Maybe they know what they like and arent insecure enough to tell the whole internet about it. You can say I am here, but then again I have no real need to be. 360 sales are greater then that of PS3 (aka winner) so I have no real pressure.

IMO....it all comes back to sales. : This is the first time a Sony console has not been 1st. More so its last. Sony fans all of a sudden arent on the winning team. THATS how  "Microsophobia" was born. It was MS more so then Nintendo that is responsible for Sonys position this gen. You see more PS3 fans because there is strength in numbers. 360 fans have no need to do such things. 

People here like to sweep sentiments like this under the rug but I assure you they are more real then the neutrals like to ever believe. 

Not really most X360 fans just spend more time on PC gaming or got an PS3 can name many of them.    Sad that you choose to badmouth PS3 fans instead of accepting that fact. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Sorry if I explain the seedy tendencies of fans that the civilized forum goers turn a blind eye to. Its something the PS3 fans dont like to acknowledge what their "brothers in arms" do here. You can be as amused as you like. Like what was said here 360 fans are in the minority on the internet.

Microsophobia is the result of MS beating Sony this gen. It is as simple as that.  

You need to let go. 

His Sonyphobia is the result of SONY beating MS last gen. It is as simple as that.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I used to have an XBox360, got it in Feb, 2008 for Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. I loved the thing and played the shit out of both games as well as Thrillville: Off the Rails. The controller was awesome and I like how you don't have to wait for achievements to sync like you do on those SONY consoles...

Anyways, I have been a frequent member of this site and have witnessed the rampant Microsophobia here and it's reach even went so far as to disrupt my real life outside of the forums. Everytime I would walk around I would notice people looking at me. I always felt that it was because I dirtied myself by allowing myself to enjoy my XBox360.

I didn't want to continue feeling like an outcast or have people talk, look and treat me like I wasn't good enough, so I sold my 360 to a co-worker and went hardcore on the "XBOX SUCKS!" talk and did all I could to hype up the PS3.

I feel liberated now because of this thread. A great weight of guilt has been lifted from my shoulders.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I'm a single console user, but I really just want everybody to be happy with their console of choice, like I am :).

The majority of Microsoft fans left these forums a few years back in response to over moderation or perceived bias on the part of the staff. A lot of the fun left with them sadly. As a group they were less uptight, and played a little rougher with other fans. Which got them into a lot of trouble, because those fans cried until they got them banned or chased off. Which is actually pretty sad, because they really brought the juice to these forums.

Anyway they aren't ever coming back, and whether this community realizes it or not that was a huge loss. This place used to be really lively, and far more entertaining. Before the dark times before the uptight members turned these forums into a tea party.

I do get tired of all the hate. It's just so stupid. Why do people get so worked up about the plastic case that plays the games they play?

Probably because brand managers trick people into identifying with products:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewJ6Wzmr_V0