By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsophobia has to stop!

Sal.Paradise said:
sales2099 said:
Well this forum is composed of "mostly" North American or UK users. Those areas are 360 turf. So naturally its the more preferred console.

Its just the PS3 minority is waaaaaaay more vocal.

In reality, better online, better multiplats, fewer/more relevant exclusives, XBLA is outstanding every year, Kinect > Move, more timed/exclusive DLC, and 360/PC games (where as a PS3 gamer needs a PC to do what 360 has).

this kills the thread

Around the Network

Haha, I'm amazed. I didn't see this coming from you Trucks, it's awesome.

To be honest I would liken any faction to the "Closet" issue. We have people on all sides who are not accepted just because they like this or that, and others who peg people in discussions just because they like this or that.

My last example was in the "What happened to Rare?" thread, where those who agreed with OP were either bitter Nintendo fans or Sony enthusiasts. It's kind of sad that people can stoop so so low. And these are xbox fans.

However, apart from people like those, you get the yo_john's, the Milleniums and other more level-headed fans that it makes things better all over again.

sales2099 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
sales2099 said:

Well this forum is composed of "mostly" North American or UK users. Those areas are 360 turf. So naturally its the more preferred console.

In reality, better online, better multiplats, fewer/more relevant exclusives, XBLA is outstanding every year, Kinect > Move, more timed/exclusive DLC, and 360/PC games (where as a PS3 gamer needs a PC to do what 360 has).

Offcourse my opinion will be scrutinized, but Im used to that. 

Now, now, now, this isn't about who's better, it's about accepting everyone for who they are and what they like.

Just a shame that people cover it up to appeal to the vocal minority. Apologies I came on too strong. 

It wouldn't hurt you to tone things down, just once in a while.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I suggest we nuke Mugen's house right away. We need to hit 'em where it hurts!

oi I actually say good things about xbox! :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I just had to post this image here.

@sales2099:

I think the point of the thread kinda flew past you my friend.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
sales2099 said:

IMO........better online, better multiplats, fewer/more relevant exclusives, XBLA is outstanding every year, Kinect > Move, more timed/exclusive DLC, and 360/PC games (where as a PS3 gamer needs a PC to do what 360 has).

it's not that we're louder, it's that there are literally more of us...  360 fans our in the minority.

IMO........free online, increadible psn+ offeriing, same multiplates, more and better exclusives, psn is outstanding every year, move > kinect, lol at timed exclusive, ps3 games (where a 360 gamer need a ps3 to do what the ps3 has).

Well Id say that your not only louder, but that I can counter by saying 360 fans arent even on forums much anymore. Maybe they know what they like and arent insecure enough to tell the whole internet about it. You can say I am here, but then again I have no real need to be. 360 sales are greater then that of PS3 (aka winner) so I have no real pressure.

IMO....it all comes back to sales. : This is the first time a Sony console has not been 1st. More so its last. Sony fans all of a sudden arent on the winning team. THATS how  "Microsophobia" was born. It was MS more so then Nintendo that is responsible for Sonys position this gen. You see more PS3 fans because there is strength in numbers. 360 fans have no need to do such things. 

People here like to sweep sentiments like this under the rug but I assure you they are more real then the neutrals like to ever believe. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
kitler53 said:
sales2099 said:

IMO........better online, better multiplats, fewer/more relevant exclusives, XBLA is outstanding every year, Kinect > Move, more timed/exclusive DLC, and 360/PC games (where as a PS3 gamer needs a PC to do what 360 has).

it's not that we're louder, it's that there are literally more of us...  360 fans our in the minority.

IMO........free online, increadible psn+ offeriing, same multiplates, more and better exclusives, psn is outstanding every year, move > kinect, lol at timed exclusive, ps3 games (where a 360 gamer need a ps3 to do what the ps3 has).

Well Id say that your not only louder, but that I can counter by saying 360 fans arent even on forums much anymore. Maybe they know what they like and arent insecure enough to tell the whole internet about it. You can say I am here, but then again I have no real need to be. 360 sales are greater then that of PS3 (aka winner) so I have no real pressure.

IMO....it all comes back to sales. : This is the first time a Sony console has not been 1st. More so its last. Sony fans all of a sudden arent on the winning team. THATS how  "Microsophobia" was born. It was MS more so then Nintendo that is responsible for Sonys position this gen. You see more PS3 fans because there is strength in numbers. 360 fans have no need to do such things. 

People here like to sweep sentiments like this under the rug but I assure you they are more real then the neutrals like to ever believe. 

It's people like you makes things worse for xbox gamers. I find the way your mentality works rather amusing. In the future try and learn something from posters like Millenium

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I detest Microsoft. It's a company full of megalomaniac scumbags.

That has nothing to do with the 360. I've had one since launch. My first one broke and I bought an Arcade and stuck my 20GB on it. about a year ago I got one of the new "slim" models with my laptop, sold the Arcade and bought I 250GB HD for it.

I have over 50 games for the 360 and I also have a PS3, and Wii plus handhelds and retro consoles galore so I'm nobody's fanboy. I just can't stand Microsoft as a company.

As for Gold, I cancelled mine this year after paying for it since launch like a sucker. I'm not even an multi-player gamer which made paying for nothing even more ridiculous. My son used to play Call of Doody and Halo but even he got tired of it so as of March I dumped it.

All that being said I'll be starting the Witcher 2 soon, once I've finished Xenoblade.

Ajescent said:
There's a phobia of everyone, Microsoft isn't special.

This.

I've only been on this site like 3 months, perhaps not long enough to see tonnes of evidence of it, but really the insults and 'phobia' if you will come from all sides.

I have issue with the way Microsoft seem to be conducting their business model, but it's not really me they have to impress.  Sure, I'm jealous of a few games too - Halo, Viva Pinata etc.

Tbh, I'm happy with my consoles and I'm happy that Microsoft fans are happy with their console.  I wouldn't wish ill-meaning on anyone for their choices, because everybody chooses what suits them best.

Nice thread, anyway.

M.U.G.E.N said:
sales2099 said:
kitler53 said:
sales2099 said:

It's people like you makes things worse for xbox gamers. I find the way your mentality works rather amusing. In the future try and learn something from posters like Millenium

Sorry if I explain the seedy tendencies of fans that the civilized forum goers turn a blind eye to. Its something the PS3 fans dont like to acknowledge what their "brothers in arms" do here. You can be as amused as you like. Like what was said here 360 fans are in the minority on the internet.

Microsophobia is the result of MS beating Sony this gen. It is as simple as that.  

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.