By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PC Gaming up 230%, Console down 28% (PC Gaming Comeback!)

Are you a PC Gamer or Console Gamer

PC 82 24.40%

Console 138 41.07%

50/50 116 34.52%

Total:336
sega4life said:

lol it's got a Intel 945P inside, I can go 4gigs if I want, and 1b HD for BR.  I'm not shooting for BF3 gameplay, but rather more speed/storage for my entertainment purposes.

And who gives a shit what this thing cost years ago, I paid nothing for a good PC/200 Disc dvd changer with HDMI output.

If you read who and why I quoted from in the beginning, you would see that it made perfect sense as to why I posted it.

If you don't mind you can go post in a thread that makes more sense to you.

He was just saying that you were blowing it out of proportion. I don't know what it costs now, but 2k is a lot of money for something you can easily beat with a self-made rig (probs 800$?).

Also, trim your quote trees guys.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Averaged over the 17 years I've been playing it's more than 50% of the time (although I have to admit that some of this has to do with pirated games).

Didn't you call yourself "a full-blooded PC gamer" in this very thread which is about current growth of PC games sales? All this talk about your love for Age of Empires II, a certain Sierra-Online adventure game and other PC games...and recently all I see from you are these negative comments about PC gaming. It's hard for me to take self-proclaimed, formerly avid PC gamers seriously if they probably only payed for a part of the PC games they ever played and if they sound as if they've never really liked PC gaming.

And there's no way any PC gamer in this world is spending or has been spending more than 50% of their time with solving PC gaming problems. Not under Win 7, not under Win XP, not even under Win 95 or MS-DOS (and those two weren't easy at all - in the early 90s I had to create  separate boot disks for almost every single DOS game, e.g. for Civilization, Dune II, Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle, Wing Commander: Privateer or the infamous Star Wars: Rebel Assault - the first game that only worked with a CD-ROM drive and driver - but this certainly didn't take anywhere near 50% of my time).

zero129 said:

Blowing it out of proportion how so?. he was just showing a PC that he got for free?. its not like he is telling people that they have to go out and blow 2k on a PC.

I understand. I also got an iPad for free last christmas, I was lucky enough to win it at a draw.

That still doesn't make it the most amazing thing ever created. I know it was all in good fun, but to bash a guy for pointing that out as kind of silly defeats the purpose of the fun being had. At which point it would be best to say something like "okay, you got me hehe" or something like that rather than "if you have a better place to post about this go there" (paraphrased)

Whatevs though this is now getting blown out of proportion I was just sayin'.

zero129 said:
AndrewWK said:
zero129 said:

Really?? so you never said "Sports Games, Beat em ups and Hack´n Slash games just don´t work on PC"? .

And no SFxT and ssf4 is not the only beat em ups for PC as the has been more released, but i was just using that as an example to show you they work. And IMO thanks to emulation i think PC is the ultimate Fighting game box (Hell when you include emulation imo PC is the ultimate gaming box)

And no i wouldnt use sales to show if a game works or not on the PC, as the only thing that shows is that not many PC players are interested in DMC, and as for Fifa im sure why alot of people buy that game, same with NBA on consoles is cos thats where most of there friends are. It still says nothing about if the game works on PC or not, as everyone of them games works and looks better on PC then console. Same with any multi plat game..

This argument is as good as mine. Well I have to admit, in case of sports games people buy them mostly on console because of the local Multiplayer.

How so?. You're argument is that some games dont work on PC, such as sports, Beat em ups and hack and slash games.  My argument is that unless the devs messed up the controls on the pc version of a game the is no reason to believe that game would not work better on PC.  And as for Fifa i meant the online mode as you can also play local multi player in fifa on PC. But even with the PC having the better version of the game, that doesn't mean people are going to run out and buy the PC version if most of their friends have the console version. That still doesn't mean the game doesn't work on PC or is not suited to the PC.

You know what just forget that I ever mentioned anything. PC is allmighty and consoles suck balls.

Acevil said:
Gilgamesh said:
It's not exactly the greatest time to compare when the 7th gen is basically ending and there's no new 8th gen consoles out except for handhelds...

Actually it is the best time to compare, because that means that console generation is more cycle based than the PC market the shows growth trends. I mean whats the point of comparing the only highs of the console market and ignoring the lows.  

One word: Steam.

Their sale days are one console companies dont want to follow.

Around the Network

Its always like this

In the middle of a gen you buy a gaming PC and you are capable of playing everything on max setting till the end of the gen.
This time you bought a 360 at the beginning,then went to PC and PS3...Multiplats and Steam stuff on PC and Exclusives on PS3.
Next Gen you will again buy the console who has the better support and change in the middle of the Gen to PC + Console.

I never could imagine playing Battlefield 3,The Witcher 2,Skyrim or so on consoles LOL
But the PS3 Exclusives are perfectly for that console so i don't even want them on PC cause they wouldn't feel right.

YukanaSenix said:

Its always like this

In the middle of a gen you buy a gaming PC and you are capable of playing everything on max setting till the end of the gen.
This time you bought a 360 at the beginning,then went to PC and PS3...Multiplats and Steam stuff on PC and Exclusives on PS3.
Next Gen you will again buy the console who has the better support and change in the middle of the Gen to PC + Console.

I never could imagine playing Battlefield 3,The Witcher 2,Skyrim or so on consoles LOL
But the PS3 Exclusives are perfectly for that console so i don't even want them on PC cause they wouldn't feel right.

You speak the truth. Btw. I played Skyrim on the PS3 and have to say it was not too bad but it is far superior on PC. And games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect or Deus Ex just don´t play as good on cosole as they do on PC. But Devil May cry, NBA or Dirt I enjoy much mor on console.

okr said:
Slimebeast said:

Averaged over the 17 years I've been playing it's more than 50% of the time (although I have to admit that some of this has to do with pirated games).

Didn't you call yourself "a full-blooded PC gamer" in this very thread which is about current growth of PC games sales? All this talk about your love for Age of Empires II, a certain Sierra-Online adventure game and other PC games...and recently all I see from you are these negative comments about PC gaming. It's hard for me to take self-proclaimed, formerly avid PC gamers seriously if they probably only payed for a part of the PC games they ever played and if they sound as if they've never really liked PC gaming.

And there's no way any PC gamer in this world is spending or has been spending more than 50% of their time with solving PC gaming problems. Not under Win 7, not under Win XP, not even under Win 95 or MS-DOS (and those two weren't easy at all - in the early 90s I had to create  separate boot disks for almost every single DOS game, e.g. for Civilization, Dune II, Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle, Wing Commander: Privateer or the infamous Star Wars: Rebel Assault - the first game that only worked with a CD-ROM drive and driver - but this certainly didn't take anywhere near 50% of my time).

How am I going to say this without sounding like a hypocrite. One part of me loves PC gaming. Because of the usual reasons - because M&K is the superior control method for many genres, because the ability to customize your hardware, customize your in-game settings and tamper with ini-files, being able to mod games.

Important clarification though: I don't mean that 50% of the time spent with games have been time solving problems, I meant that 50% of all games I've played during these 17 years have involved some kind of problem that I had to solve before I could play the game smoothly, look at SvennoJ's post a few posts above for some good examples of some relatively minor problems that you solve within just a few minutes.

And yeah, that Sierra game that was extra special to me was Conquests of Camelot. Glad you noticed okr.

happydolphin said:
zero129 said:

Blowing it out of proportion how so?. he was just showing a PC that he got for free?. its not like he is telling people that they have to go out and blow 2k on a PC.

I understand. I also got an iPad for free last christmas, I was lucky enough to win it at a draw.

That still doesn't make it the most amazing thing ever created. I know it was all in good fun, but to bash a guy for pointing that out as kind of silly defeats the purpose of the fun being had. At which point it would be best to say something like "okay, you got me hehe" or something like that rather than "if you have a better place to post about this go there" (paraphrased)

Whatevs though this is now getting blown out of proportion I was just sayin'.

Why don't you take a step back a re-read from the beginning as to who was bashing who.

My PIC did not have anything to do with the OP on a comparison level/basis (this has been explained several times) it was an "(also/by the way)" pic for the discussion with Gilga as to more people realizing it's easier to hook up PC's to their HDTV's for entertainment purposes.

for my quoted "paraphrased" - it was a notion that the thread was becoming derailed over someone not understanding a picture that was explained several times.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

AndrewWK said:

But Devil May cry, NBA or Dirt I enjoy much mor on console.

and why don't you enjoy dirt as much on pc with the same controls on the same tv just with better graphics? i always thought like that, that's why i almost didn't play on pc for one decade but since i can play all these games exactly like i play my console games i have no justification anymore and prefer to play games like that with pc on my couch in front of my tv. it is exactly the same game experience just with nicer and sharper graphics. pretty nice that my tv doesn't only have to play games in 720p now and shows me why it can play 1080p material.