By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Let's talk about countries!

What continent do you live on?

North America 58 30.85%

South America 15 7.98%

Europe 87 46.28%

Africa 3 1.60%

Asia 7 3.72%

Australia 13 6.91%

Antarctica 5 2.66%

Total:188
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Then Russia, Poland and Denmark-Norway started fucking with us at the same time. We eventually defeated all of them except Russia who stole what is now called Finland, Estonia and their surrounding territories from us. Luckily, we managed to steal Norway from Denmark to compensate for the loss.

Don't try to play a victim here, you've interfered much with everyone around you at the time. Wanted to play like a big boy? Take a responsibility ;)  BTW we didn't steal it, we bought it for 2 mln silver roubles, that's 60t of silver. Quite a price at the time, not that the deal wasn't forced for you :D And no, Finland came under Russian protectorate a century later, it was Karelia you're referring to.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
I stand corrected.

I was taught it to be Australasia though :-/ Not even heard of the term Meganesia.

Don't feel bad, I'm Australian, and was of the understanding that New Zealand was within the Australian continent in that respect.

I've always wondered why is so hard for most people refer to the US as United states of america i mean, isn't that how is called? xD whatever. How many continents do exist? o_O

Busted said:
I've always wondered why is so hard for most people refer to the US as United states of america i mean, isn't that how is called? xD whatever. How many continents do exist? o_O

7. Africa, antartica, asia, europe, north america, south america and oceania

Busted said:

some say 6 some say 7...olympic games say 5^^ depends how you categorize it.

as example europe and asia. it has only historical reasons why we put that as two continents. but in reality it is eurasia

Around the Network
Busted said:

17 - based on the tectonic plates: https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Tectonic_plates_de.png&filetimestamp=20060508135538

German Wikipedia has different classifications ranging from two to seven continents: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kontinent

And sorry about Australia/Oceania. While we have it under this name in german (exactly Autralien/Ozeanien), in english it seems to be run under the name Australia only. Cultural differences I think.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Seems like it's up to choice then ^^ i'll go with the IOC

Busted said:

well most people dont call their county by its full name.

do you call yours Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela?

or people from Mexico, do they say United Mexican States.

for most people the answer is no.

people call the United States of America, America because its in the name, and its shorter.

killerzX said:
Busted said:

well most people dont call their county by its full name.

do you call yours Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela?

or people from Mexico, do they say United Mexican States.

for most people the answer is no.

people call the United States of America, America because its in the name, and its shorter.

Everyone from The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland always states the full name. It's the law, if you are caught shortening the Queen comes round your house and slaps you silly.

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
fauzman said:
I see you have Australia and ANTARCTICA on your poll, but not NZ (which is where I am from). Guess there are more people from Antarctica on this site, than from NZ.

Last time I checked New Zealand isn't a Continent.

The continent Australia includes NZ ;D. Also called Meganesia

I assume thats sarcasm. if not complete ignorance. thats like us saying oh usa incudes canada