By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The fall from grace

Hello guys, long time no see.

I rarely visit this site anymore, because it is just one slow clusterfuck at the moment. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way. Let me explain.

According to alexa.com the site traffic has fallen over 30-40% the last 4-5 months. The site is now on the same traffic level as in 2010. This trend will continue if things won't change around here. This means the site is making less money and less money is never a good thing.

Why is this happening?

- Website design. The website design is just horrible, nothing more to say about it. In the early days it was a clean site without (many) ads,  without review and cheats sections (no one cares about anyway). Etcetera etcetera.
- As slow as a..  According to alexa.com, 65% of the websites in the world are faster than vgchartz. In 2012, a site (with enough money) this slow is just unexcusable.
- Removing the functions that made this site interesting. Pretty much every tool that could be used for analysing sales data is now unavailable for the 'normal' people. It is a great way to alienate your entire audience!
- Accuracy. Do we actually know if the sales data accuracy has improved the last couple of years? ioi always mentioned that when he generates more cash, the accuracy will improve. I have never seen any confirmation for this. In other words, the numbers are still not as close to reality as we want it to be.

This site is on a downward spiral and you know it.

I could go on like this, but this topic will probably be deleted and my account will be banned anyway. I don't care, I'm spending my time elsewhere already ;).

Peace,

Neos.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

The current month not being included, perhaps? Because pageviews for the official E3 threads were up year-over-year

Not that i disagree with pretty much anything you're saying, of course. Change is coming.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It took you all this time to notice that?

I agree with moving features. This upset me. What upsets me more is the lack of alternatives. They need competition so that they will be forced to innovate.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Which is why change is coming, site design and some functions are being rolled back.

And if you don't care, as you state in your post, then why come here and make this post?
"I came here just to tell everyone that I don't care." I never understood the meaning of such threads and posts to be honest.

Around the Network

We have a cheats section?

The site should be more streamlined, and go back to SALES!

I agree with most of what you said. No-one, bar a select few, really post anymore.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I agree 100%. This site has become ridiculously slow loading, and the advertisements are just obnoxious at this point. My wife was watching me browse the site on my laptop and asked me if our computer had a virus when I kept getting redirected to ads with every other click...

Don't even get me started on how the site is basically incompatible with IE. How incompetent must someone be in the year 2012 for their website not to function properly on the world's mot popular browser? I don't care about all of the nerds that want to scream that Chrome and Firefox are better anyway. That's not the point.

See Rol... my fellow dutchmen didn't leave the site cause they were ashamed of me playing Just Dance and iPhone games..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I hate to say it, but no matter how much I love this site.... Its freaking slow.

Plus the trouble the I had to get to just to get an avatar sorted when I started here was just appalling

Yay!!!