By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423
Heavenly_King said:
VicViper said:
Heavenly_King said:
I came here expecting something big, and the only thing I can say is:
I came, I saw, and I do not give a damn.

Definitely nintendo gamers and the rest (Sony + Microsoft) gamers have different tastes in gaming.

Read the second line of the OP.

This has nothing to do with what you give a damn or not.

I do not give damn in terms of sales because, as always nintendo most fans will buy those kind of games, and there is nothing new in that.   I was expecting a major revelation regarding a different kind of game that was expected to sell BAZILLIONS of copies + 3DSXL; and I did not find it here, it is just the same nintendo thing as always.

That is why I said that nintendo gamers are very different from the others.

Read appropiately and understand what is written before answering.   This has nothing to do with you being a nintendo fan or not.

Oh man...

This is a thread about the sales power of 3DS games in japan this year and how those games most likely will sell a lot.

It's strange that Vita fans are expecting Persona 4 and Hatsune Miku the most in japan. Yep, so different from those

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:

I do not give damn in terms of sales because, as always nintendo most fans will buy those kind of games, and there is nothing new in that.   I was expecting a major revelation regarding a different kind of game that was expected to sell BAZILLIONS of copies + 3DSXL; and I did not find it here, it is just the same nintendo thing as always.

That is why I said that nintendo gamers are very different from the others.

Read appropiately and understand what is written before answering.   This has nothing to do with you being a nintendo fan or not.

This is about the 3DS sales in Japan. At least MH4 & NSMB2 will sell “bazillions“ of copys there. And the list has all kinds of games, even a shooter that is made for 3DS and PS3.

The Vita as the only really competitior on the other hand is really dead in Japan and in Europe and US, the 3DS get all kinds of games.

I wonder how much it will end up selling in Japan this year. It's already done 2million.

It very realistically has a shot at overtaking the PS3's Japanese lifetime numbers by the end of the year at current pace.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:
I wonder how much it will end up selling in Japan this year. It's already done 2million.

It very realistically has a shot at overtaking the PS3's Japanese lifetime numbers by the end of the year at current pace.

What has done 2million?

happydolphin said:
milkyjoe said:

What has done 2million?

The 3DS. It's at 2million year to date.

VGChartz

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:
happydolphin said:

What has done 2million?

The 3DS. It's at 2million year to date.

Gotcha.

gonna grab a 3DS xl later this year.

do need my fix of animal crossing again

already plan on getting 8 of the games listed so far, got around 17 3ds games now. will get a 3ds xl at launch too. not sure about color though.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Significant_leap said:
Heavenly_King 8 minutes ago

"I came here expecting something big, and the only thing I can say is:
I came, I saw, and I do not give a damn.

Definitely nintendo gamers and the rest (Sony + Microsoft) gamers have different tastes in gaming."

Obviously you dont know very much about the Japanese market, also if your tastes are more western oriented, fine, i personally dislike western aproach to videogames for example, i dont give a f...k about God of War, its a pretty mediocre game imo, the same with Uncharted, Crysis, Killzone, Skyrim...etc.
Has nothing to do with Nintendo gamers and the reset of the gamers, its more about Japanese devs -western devs.

In the PS1-PS2 era most the games I bought were japanese developed games, but in this era most japanese games lack that kind of innovation and quality of before in comparison to recent games.    Most games I bought expecting them to be quite amazing were an absolute disaster, like FFXIII.   I wanted to like it but I could not do it.

Now on-topic, the problem is not about being a japanese or western game; because as an example you have the latest Donkey Kong, which is a western developed game (Retro Studios), and it is the same kind of thing you expect of a nintendo published game.  That is why I expected something different considering the little of the thread.

Conegamer said:
I fear so. But, as others have said, how can something beat this year? Unless MH4, Animal Crossing and Layton crossover is held back, which is likely.

Animal Crossing will be held back for Europe and America, not Japan.

I agree, this year is too good.