By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423

It definitely will have a lot going for it.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
zarx said:
Heavenly_King said:

In the PS1-PS2 era most the games I bought were japanese developed games, but in this era most japanese games lack that kind of innovation and quality of before in comparison to recent games.    Most games I bought expecting them to be quite amazing were an absolute disaster, like FFXIII.   I wanted to like it but I could not do it.

Now on-topic, the problem is not about being a japanese or western game; because as an example you have the latest Donkey Kong, which is a western developed game (Retro Studios), and it is the same kind of thing you expect of a nintendo published game.  That is why I expected something different considering the little of the thread.

Why would you expect a western style game from a thread about Japanese sales? I mean you wouldn't expect to see a lot of games that are only reall popular in Japan in a thread about sales in the USA would you? 

His only intention was to provoke the posters in this thread, he's made that very clear in his rebuttals.

So, in a thread about the potential sales of Japanese 3DS games this year - he first makes it all about him and his tastes before blabbling about his preferance for Western games - neither of which have any relevance to this discussion.

He sounds like a Vita fan who is probably very bitter about the trouncing that system will receive compared to the 3DS the rest of this year.  This discussion clearly upset him and his butthurt just compelled him to share his frustration with us.

Yeah will easily destroy Japan, it may even have a shot at the DS's record of 2006 imo. It's already at 2 mil without any 1 mil+ seller for the year, but it's getting the big guns out soon. It might just sell a million in August alone (NSMB2 will be huuuuge, not sure about Brain Age yet).

Next week it should be huge as well with Pokemon B/W2 set to elevate 3DS levels once again

Man no trailer about Brain Age yet. It might be huge in Japan, but I doubt it will have the same influence in the west... well let's wait and see i guess :| Finally they're releasing a title like that.

DS rode on the success of Brain Age and innovative touch screen games. Nintendo should focus on showing what the 3D is all about in the 3DS. I really think it has a lot of potential game play wise

It starts

Those last pics are great.

Around the Network

It's hard to imagine the 3DS doing anything but great with that line-up. Lots of good stuff in there.

Holy hell, this is gonna be HUGE!

kopstudent89 said:
Man no trailer about Brain Age yet. It might be huge in Japan, but I doubt it will have the same influence in the west... well let's wait and see i guess :| Finally they're releasing a title like that.

DS rode on the success of Brain Age and innovative touch screen games. Nintendo should focus on showing what the 3D is all about in the 3DS. I really think it has a lot of potential game play wise

Not a trailer, but almost

http://andriasang.com/con1mm/bw2_million_preorders/

Pokemon Black & White 2 Tops One Million Through Pre-Orders

Pokemon Black & White 2 was just released earlier today, so it's a bit early for sales figures. But we do have some idea of the game's initial success thanks to figures from Pokemon Company.

Pre-orders for Black & White 2 reached 1.16 million units on June 17, Pokemon Co. announced today. This figure is based off data accumulated by sales tracking firm Media Create.

This initial success isn't too surprising, as the original Black & White also saw over one million pre-orders.

We should find out early next week how many units Black & White 2 sold in its first two days at retail (the weekly tracking period from Media Create and Enterbrain run through Sunday). Black & White 2 has a lot to live up to, as its predecessor sold over 14.71 million units through March of this year.

Pokemon Co. also shared some pics from around retail, showing Tokyo Pokemon Center and other hot spots.

spurgeonryan said:
Well the 3DS has already dominated 2012 in Japan. But these next 6 months it is going to dominated the world! So much coming out. The 3DSXL will finally get the West to show interest in the 3DS I think. The original is just way too small for anyone over 14 to use properly without their hands aching.

I actually think the XL is too bulky.. but will that's my opinion