By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423
manuel said:

Wow, that's really a great line up for one year.

Lucky for you, you live in Japan! You are getting all the MegaTons. 

We get... nothing. :o

Around the Network

Wow, that's a powerful line up.

I LOVE ICELAND!

You just yawned at Luigi's Mansion... Consider yourself on my bad list.

milkyjoe said:
I wonder how much it will end up selling in Japan this year. It's already done 2million.

It very realistically has a shot at overtaking the PS3's Japanese lifetime numbers by the end of the year at current pace.

Maybe, but PS3 will receive a big boost with RE6 too. I really believe in a 1mi+ first week for it.

But I believe the boost from XL early in the year will easily compensate this.

NintendoPie said:
manuel said:

Wow, that's really a great line up for one year.

Lucky for you, you live in Japan! You are getting all the MegaTons. 

We get... nothing. :o

Japan surely has the biggest variety of games.

But we have to pay a lot of money for all that, while when stuff comes to NA it's dirt cheap. :P

Or can you imagine paying 60$ for NSMB2? That's how much it will cost here.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

Very impressive list. No doubt it'll leave last year's sales in the dust.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

VicViper said:
milkyjoe said:
I wonder how much it will end up selling in Japan this year. It's already done 2million.

It very realistically has a shot at overtaking the PS3's Japanese lifetime numbers by the end of the year at current pace.

Maybe, but PS3 will receive a big boost with RE6 too. I really believe in a 1mi+ first week for it.

But I believe the boost from XL early in the year will easily compensate this.

prepare to be disappointed.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

OMG we're almost there:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad  4  4.04%

Meh 8  8.08%

Good 10  10.10%

Awesome  77 77.78%

Total:99 

Heavenly_King said:

In the PS1-PS2 era most the games I bought were japanese developed games, but in this era most japanese games lack that kind of innovation and quality of before in comparison to recent games.    Most games I bought expecting them to be quite amazing were an absolute disaster, like FFXIII.   I wanted to like it but I could not do it.

Now on-topic, the problem is not about being a japanese or western game; because as an example you have the latest Donkey Kong, which is a western developed game (Retro Studios), and it is the same kind of thing you expect of a nintendo published game.  That is why I expected something different considering the little of the thread.

Why would you expect a western style game from a thread about Japanese sales? I mean you wouldn't expect to see a lot of games that are only reall popular in Japan in a thread about sales in the USA would you? 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Ohh, thx for bringing fantasy life again to my mind... The game looks amazing I cannt wait to see it in action!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064