By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423
MDMAlliance said:
The 2013 year already looks like it has a good start for North America considering Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem for that year. Also, a Zelda game could very well be released in 2013 as well. Those three itself can create large boosts in sales, and there are bound to be more first party titles to come out for the 2013 year.

Yeah, for the west 2013 will have all those, plus whatever get's localized in that list.

In a way, I japan gets a great year like this one, the rest of the world gets a subsequent great year. So the only problem now is preparing our 2014, Japan

Around the Network
menx64 said:
thats an amazing lineup for 2012... Honesyly speaking a must have system in japan by all means.
2013 & beyond? SMT4, Zelda, Kirby, Starfy, Advance wars(yay), FFV or FFVI, DQMJ2, Jump super stars
Fzero, Pokemon, Smash, DK...

Starfy? Now there's one I haven't heard in a while!

Hmm, FF remakes sound great! Add to this list Yoshi's Island, and it's already great to me.

yes (indeed)

From a sales perspective it could be a really good year. From my perspective, I only want one game of that list and that is Layton x Ace Attorney, so it's pretty meh to me this year.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Red, Blue and Lance are in Pokémon BW2.

Add 500k to anyone's sales predictions

Around the Network

You forgot Senran Kagura Burst!

Besides the above mentioned game, I will get Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney and Project X Zone on day one! Bravery Default and Rune Factory 4 seem interesting as well, but I probably won't have the money/time to play them... I'm really happy to have a Japanese 3DS, given the dismal western line-up.   

ryuzaki57 said:

You forgot Senran Kagura Burst!

Besides the above mentioned game, I will get Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney and Project X Zone on day one! Bravery Default and Rune Factory 4 seem interesting as well, but I probably won't have the money/time to play them... I'm really happy to have a Japanese 3DS, given the dismal western line-up.   

Did not, read the last part again! You're buying this game? pervert! :P

But i don't think it's dismal... not that I care much, portables are for japanese games. I actually bought last gen 2 DS western games (GTA and Scribblenauts). This year alone I already bought heroes of ruin and pretend to get Castlevania. Scribblenauts unlimited is a possibility, but I think I'll get it for the Wii U. So, at least to me, the western line-up is actually better than last gen, imo.

And It got lego games - including city stories - that's all I care, tbh.

One thing people don't remember much is that the DS got it's first somewhat high profile third party game almost two years after launch. The confidence in PSP was sky high!

That game was Final Fantasy III Remake.

So, make a brief comparison between the 1 year then (nothing third party) and 1 year now.(lots of big/huge third parties games) to see the difference.

I personally think the current games out for the 3DS are great. I have 7 games already and pre-ordered 4 games, and there are at least 5 more games I want that are coming out this year. If you ask me, I think that's a decently large number of titles for any system.

So many sad wallets here on VGChartz...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.