By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: Released in April 2008!

a.l.e.x59 said:
The sooner, the better. Who cares if Kart's release date is too close to Brawl? What difference would that make? How could that effect sales?

You really don't understand?

If Nintendo released, say, Mario Galaxy, Brawl, Metroid, and Mario Kart all in the same week...sales for each game would be very hurt, except Brawl maybe, because that just owns all.

Nintendo fans will likely want all of these games, but they're likely not going to buy them all in the same week.  Even if they did, there's also the regular consumer, who will most certainly not be buying 4 games so close together...they'll wait a while, and sales will certainly be reduced for the time being.

And then they've got a half year of nothing.   Nothing to look forward to for Nintendo for a half year or so.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Ben beat me to it. :-/

Yeah, it isn't exactly a great idea for a company to release multi-million seller so close. The least popular games would have their sales hurt.

i'm gonna wager Nov. 2008!

the Wii is an epidemic.

makingmusic476 said:
zackblue said:
wikipedia?

You can change that date to tomorrow :(

I thought nintendo announced a date for mario kart not this.

According to Wikipedia, it IS coming out tomorrow!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_Wii

You villain. :P

PS, you forgot to edit the main body of the article.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

RolStoppable said:
Lingyis said:
i'm gonna wager Nov. 2008!

November 2008 is what I expect, worldwide release just like the last two Kart games. It would make sense to have it as the big game for the holidays.

I hope not. >.<

Smash Brothers doesn't do it for me. -_-

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

I want Mario Kart and I want it now, originally Europe were going to get Mario Kart Wii before they get Brawl, and USA were going to get Brawl before Mario Kart, I highly doubt that now but you never know.

famousringo said:
makingmusic476 said:
zackblue said:
wikipedia?

You can change that date to tomorrow :(

I thought nintendo announced a date for mario kart not this.

According to Wikipedia, it IS coming out tomorrow!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_Wii

You villain. :P

PS, you forgot to edit the main body of the article.

Foiled again.

lol. 

BenKenobi88 said:

While wikipedia is not really a source, and their source is a closed Nintendo press release, April 2008 would make sense.

And if that's true, Brawl is totally coming out Feb 10...they wouldn't put Brawl and Mario Kart any closer to each other...these will both be huge games.

They said Spring 08 at E3...I'm guessing it might be delayed til May though.

QFW

To Each Man, Responsibility

Brawl got delayed. So this WILL get delayed so MKW and SSBB don't come out near each other. I predict June 2nd as the earliest date for MKW.

;-; 

Yeah, I predict July.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )