By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: Released in April 2008!

That is probably the worst thing about the Brawl delay in NA... it better not push back wii fit as well ..

a.l.e.x59 said:
The sooner, the better. Who cares if Kart's release date is too close to Brawl? What difference would that make? How could that effect sales?

That's exactly the problem (with regards to hardware sales, Ben already explained the software sales problems).. but with wiis already selling out.. two huge games are not going to change anything in terms of hardware sales, other than the effect that would have occured if only one of the games came out

Around the Network

Trust me we will not be getting this until like September...Nintendo is like Interscope records they will let 50(Mario) drop a record and then they will let him sell a couple of millions and then they will let Eminem(Luigi) drop his CD and let him sell a mil+ and then drop something else.

I hope yall understood that...I don't know why I can't make simple comparisons lol.

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|

This is a 100% fall or Xmas title.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Wikipedia's credibility is based on every major piece of information having a source. The source for Mario Kart's release date isn't working, and frankly doesn't make much sense.

In other words, not going to happen.

My guess for the US market:

May/June: Wii Fit
October/November: Mario Kart Wii

Around the Network

12th of October.That's what i would call a nice birthday present for me.

Quality for Life

Kart will be pushed back, after Mario party 9, which will probably be early summer, and Kart in the fall, brawl of course in the spring, and Animal crossing will probably be in the winter

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Yeah there is no way this is coming in April. It has already gone from Q1->May->TBA 2008. Now that Brawl was bumped to Feb, and NA WiiFit will probably hit in May with Mario Baseball also probably apearing during the summer to coincide with the baseball season. If there is a Mario Party 9 this ear that will hit in fall. So be thankful if Kart lands this year at all.

I think we should all be patient, I am guessing that they are trying to be at least as big in scope as Brawl, so unless Brawl's online goes off without a hitch, and we get a Kart dojo starting mid february..... Don't expect it soon.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Correction I just noticed Smash being delayed to March so my new prediction is November for Kart at the earliest.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Or strategically intended to boost sales of their console and profit margins

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)