By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: Released in April 2008!

outlawauron said:
That would be incredibily stupid. I can't imagine Nintendo making that big of a mistake.

That put all of their heavy hitters all in Q1 and Q2!

Exactly! Moving consoles in mid summer is truly difficult without a software helper.

Around the Network

From someone who has owned all Nintendo consoles I give you this advice:

Step 1: Find Nintendo's 1st announced release date for a game
Step 2: Add 4 or 5 months
Step 3: Pray it doesn't get delayed any more than that.

EDIT: 

Here is the press release:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/4PPg7G1t2Qccq9eNUX13MWB5LiOwAHzF

Says "Spring 2008," but that may have been changed before this was posted.

Never the less, I would not count on it being released in the spring.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Mummelmann said:
outlawauron said:
That would be incredibily stupid. I can't imagine Nintendo making that big of a mistake.

That put all of their heavy hitters all in Q1 and Q2!

Exactly! Moving consoles in mid summer is truly difficult without a software helper.

mario party and Wii Fit are knocking on your door Mummel, they want to say hi

Mario kart will probably get a fall release 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Mario Kart will be delayed to Q3 and then to Q4!

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Or strategically intended to boost sales of their console and profit margins

All major games are "strategically intended to boost sales of their console and profit margins. Adequate planning allows you to do that and not to confuse/upset your customers.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt