By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seems Mistwalker is going to be back on board for the Wii U

I'd rather want them to make a game for the next gen PS4/nextbox consoles tho :/

Around the Network
Turkish said:
I'd rather want them to make a game for the next gen PS4/nextbox consoles tho :/

He refuses to work for Sony, so you can kiss that fantasy goodbye. Though it funny how people can show so much love and favoritism for something that doesn't even exist yet. Nintendo hate is something else.

lilbroex said:
Turkish said:

He refuses to work for Sony, so you can kiss that fantasy goodbye. Though it funny how people can show so much love and favoritism for something that doesn't even exist yet. Nintendo hate is something else.

I agree with him.  I mean it won't be nearly as bad as wii to ps3, but when you have RPGs with these huge stories and lore, graphics play an important part.  I mean; wouldn't you want the best possible graphics when watching frequent and long cutscenes? Or traveling around the world and towns?

darkknightkryta said:
lilbroex said:
Turkish said:

I agree with him.  I mean it won't be nearly as bad as wii to ps3, but when you have RPGs with these huge stories and lore, graphics play an important part.  I mean; wouldn't you want the best possible graphics when watching frequent and long cutscenes? Or traveling around the world and towns?

If I wanted that then I would want the game on the PC, not the PS4 or whatever the next Xbox is called.

lilbroex said:
darkknightkryta said:
lilbroex said:
Turkish said:

If I wanted that then I would want the game on the PC, not the PS4 or whatever the next Xbox is called.

And I'd want them on PCs too.  Hell I'm not console gaming next gen because I'm going PC.

Edit: And unfortunately for PC users, next-gen graphics are going to be decided by the PS4's and next Xbox's specs.

Around the Network

If Mistwalker release a game on the Wii U as the same quality as The Lost Odyssey then I'll be picking up a Wii U just for that. For me it has been the best game this generation. I loved those little mini stories and the random encounters on the open world map just like the old FF games.

This is indeed great news! I haven't played TLS - but it seems like a good game. THIS is what WiiU need - among other things.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Boutros said:

Meanwhile at Mistwalker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXAr6mjC40E

That looks extremelly fun, going to get it as soon as it releases, do you not like it yourself thats fine, but I do.

darkknightkryta said:
lilbroex said:
Turkish said:

If that happened, then the best JRPG of the past decade, Xenoblade, would be nothing like it is now. It'd be shorter, smaller, and generall less-fun, simply so it could look a little better. I'd rather have my 100-hour story with 450 sidequests, open areas and stunning scenery, than a 20-hour corridor crawler which looks good like FFXIII...

So the least important thing in huge RPG's is most certainly the graphics. It's why FFVII is still loved, whilst FFXIII is not. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

lilbroex said:
Turkish said:

He has far to much power in the business cause he obviously doesn't need to SELL games.
The Last Story,LO and BD bombed...The only console where he really could SELL stuff would be on a Sony Console and that is a fact.

And there won't be a LO2 or anything else cause he hates Microsoft.
Those 2 games were made cause M$ helped them out with money while Mistwalker was still new.They had a contract for 2 games and the second they were done they did RUN for their lives....and made a Nintendo DS game i think*sigh*