By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It Continues... Take Two "skeptical" about Wii U

Tagged games:

While this doesn't effect me too much as I'm not that interested in GTA, and even if I was I own a PS3 (tbh I'm really liking the look of that LEGO City Undercover game actually). However, I cannot see how a WiiU port of high profile game like GTAV could not have a positive return on investment. Even if it bombed (I'm talking about sub-500k, which almost certainly wouldn't happen) it would still certainly cover the costs of porting; even more so if Nintendo get involved and handled advertising and/or localisations as they have done with many other 3rd party games. If there is no GTAV on WiiU, it will be a big missed opportunity for obviously Nintendo, but also Take Two.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Self-fulfilling prophecy.

1) Don't release what are considered big core games.
2) Claim that big core games don't sell on the platform. (Because they weren't released for it.)
3) Use this as justification for your initial decision. See point 1).

But don't you think its up to Nintendo to create an core audience for their console.

Microsoft did so with Gears of War, Halo, and other games.
Sony did so with God of War, Killzone, and other games. 

Third party's are just mimicking Nintendo's games, because the people who bought their console did so for the Nintendo games.
It's not up to third party’s to create a core audience on the Wii U, its up to Nintendo.
ZombiU is an exclusive for six months, the rest is multiplat and sometimes a year late.

What core gamer would care?
Should they buy a WiiU because they want Miinivers Mii's in their GTA?

If Nintendo would create a western Nintendo studio, to make some high quality, must play core games they can't make in Japan, they would show commitment to that part of the marked.
That would create a core audience, and then third party would surely target that marked. 

Metroid alone is clearly not enough.

Astrid said:
RolStoppable said:
Self-fulfilling prophecy.

1) Don't release what are considered big core games.
2) Claim that big core games don't sell on the platform. (Because they weren't released for it.)
3) Use this as justification for your initial decision. See point 1).

But don't you think its up to Nintendo to create an core audience for their console.

Microsoft did so with Gears of War, Halo, and other games.
Sony did so with God of War, Killzone, and other games. 

Third party's are just mimicking Nintendo's games, because the people who bought their console did so for the Nintendo games.
It's not up to third party’s to create a core audience on the Wii U, its up to Nintendo.
ZombiU is an exclusive for six months, the rest is multiplat and sometimes a year late.

What core gamer would care?
Should they buy a WiiU because they want Miinivers Mii's in their GTA?

If Nintendo would create a western Nintendo studio, to make some high quality, must play core games they can't make in Japan, they would show commitment to that part of the marked.
That would create a core audience, and then third party would surely target that marked. 

Metroid alone is clearly not enough.

That's more or less on life support.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Another nail in the coffin of a console before its release. Investors have no hope for it. Publishers seem not to want it and gamers have reacted very negatively towards it. The WiiU will make the Dreamcast look a success.

So long as GTAV comes to WiiU (which it will), then all is well for me.

If they choose to have bad business practices, then more fool them.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I don't see the big deal at all. People should be used to this buy now. Most of the game these companies make aren't even all that good and if you really want them, nothing is stopping the person from buying them on another system, especially the PC.

Its there loss, not mine. When Nintendo stops making gaming for Nintendo consoles, then it will be time to complain.

Mazty said:
Another nail in the coffin of a console before its release. Investors have no hope for it. Publishers seem not to want it and gamers have reacted very negatively towards it. The WiiU will make the Dreamcast look a success.

Investors belive in nintendo..  Thats why even so thats ps3 are outselling wii the last 2 years.. sony dropped much more (becurse of the low yen and earthquake)

Publishers love the freaking thing.. (mayby not the ones with interests in sony or ms)

And gamers are not the 50% hatters in every nintendo thread.. The real gamers know what to expept.. Nintendo in HD... wow..

What a giant asshole. I can't believe it. Just release your god damn games. This is bullying.

FromDK said:
Mazty said:

Investors belive in nintendo..  Thats why even so thats ps3 are outselling wii the last 2 years.. sony dropped much more (becurse of the low yen and earthquake)

Publishers love the freaking thing.. (mayby not the ones with interests in sony or ms)

And gamers are not the 50% hatters in every nintendo thread.. The real gamers know what to expept.. Nintendo in HD... wow..

Buddy stay up to date with the news before making  100% incorrect claims, yeah?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/352274/nintendo-shares-drop-following-disappointing-e3-press-conference/#

A drop in share price shows investors DO NOT believe in the WiiU. 
Fandom will not keep a console alive. Publishers are wary of the console and many gamers are asking why they would buy a console that is negligibly more powerful then their current console, whilst offering the same games albeit some will be almost a year old on release. 

Since I don't play take two games, I don't care what they say.... Simple