By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It Continues... Take Two "skeptical" about Wii U

Tagged games:

creampie said:
^^^
if every dev went that path, there would be ZERO 3rd party games on WiiU at launch...

Not necessarily, when you think about it the only company that's taking risks is Ubisoft, the other third parties are playing it save by only releasing ports. Since the Wii had so poor third party support and the few that came usually didn't have huge sells then its normal that most third party are still skeptical about the Wii U, especially since MS and Sony next gen consoles will most likely come next year

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
babuks said:
How much is it difficult to port those ps360 games to WiiU? If it sells 300-500K, will not they make profit out of it?

One of our users, Viper1, had a rundown of how much it would cost for a port to be self-sustaining. It's an incredibly low threshold, especially for a series like GTA.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

^^^
Wait, if you read my previous comment, you would have noticed that Take 2s (crappy) games have sold VERY well on the Wii, providing them huge benfits thanks to Nintendos casual strategy...
I understand other devs being skeptical, i dont understand Take 2 being skeptical...

oops
i was refering tto the comment above

Or maybe, instead of taking a risk in an unproven/unsuccessful market, they feel their money is better invested with an audience that has served them well for over a decade.

No no I'm sure it's not that guys, the number crunchers over at Take Two just hate Nintendo. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Self-fulfilling prophecy.

1) Don't release what are considered big core games.
2) Claim that big core games don't sell on the platform. (Because they weren't released for it.)
3) Use this as justification for your initial decision. See point 1).

creampie said:
^^^
Wait, if you read my previous comment, you would have noticed that Take 2s (crappy) games have sold VERY well on the Wii, providing them huge benfits thanks to Nintendos casual strategy...
I understand other devs being skeptical, i dont understand Take 2 being skeptical...

But like you said the games that sold really well were the crappy casual games, they mentioned GTA5 which is a core game, so it's natural they fell skeptical about the console especially given the Wii situation.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Early days yet, but if this is the stance all 3rd party devs are going to take, Nintendo should just take it on the chin that 3rd party do not want to put their top teir games on their system and stop their shovelware shit coming to the WiiU completely.

That was the one thing I wished they did with the Wii. They should have accepted nothing had changed since gamecube and banned all that garbage (by garbage I don't mean well designed family friendly party games, but shit ones with useless waggle).

Then use some of that money to get aggressive and buy studios out or start creating new ones with fresh talent who want to work on nintendo platforms. They got enough assets to mentor them into great talented game developers.

creampie said:
^^^
if every dev went that path, there would be ZERO 3rd party games on WiiU at launch...

Not just WiiU on every console in theory haha.

Mind you this seems to happen to Nintendo only. Look at 3DS, 17million user base versus VITA 2million and yet VITA constantly gets 3rd party annoucements of well known franchises. YOu would think 3DS would get the same if not better treatment. Surely it has proven itself already?

I'm still skeptical about Take Two.