By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It Continues... Take Two "skeptical" about Wii U

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
Self-fulfilling prophecy.

1) Don't release what are considered big core games.
2) Claim that big core games don't sell on the platform. (Because they weren't released for it.)
3) Use this as justification for your initial decision. See point 1).

I'd tend to agree.

However may there is something we aren't seeing here...maybe Nintendo literally whips 3rd parties before they are allowed to port games.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
creampie said:
i dont know why
their best Wii game is Carnival that sold close to 4m
they have like 3 or four 1m+ sellers and a lot of 200-600k selling games
they made tons of profit on the Wii with their crappy shovelware and still complaining?
i guess they know the WiiU is not a shovelware machine, so they cant extend their shovelware strategy all over it...

I dont see them complaning, but you might have a point about their shovelware strategy, but to be fair Carnival Games isnt anywhere near as popular as it once was

Is this before or after Max Payne fail sales in NPD?

Those numbers can change a skeptical man into a believer.

Mad55 said:
oniyide said:
considering that GTA4 is still in the top 100 i think they could do just fine without Wii U

No one said they needed the wiiU, but its crazy not to put them on their im sure they will sell fine on the wiiU. 

Its not crazy, the next GTA would do fine. Im not saying it wont do well on Wii U, but crazy would be not putting it on a system that is sure to sell it. A letdown?? Sure

Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
considering that GTA4 is still in the top 100 i think they could do just fine without Wii U

Yes, but generally businesses like to strive for more when they're not blinded by horrendous bias.

Maybe their not greedy?? (I doubt that but it could be possible). Well not much we can do. 

Around the Network

oniyide
well the Carnival sequel sold like 2.8m
for a game that might cost like 1m to make (guessing), thats an insane profit they made with it
so i dont understand their skepticism about WiiU, they should be supporting the system from day one, they simply owe that to Nintendo...

I'd like to say I'm going to miss them but I'm going to be too busy playing the good third party games from companies smart enough to bring their games to the Wii u.

Well if they have plans on releasing the game on the Wii U they'll probably wait until there is a solid install base for the system. If that's the reason why they are not releasing the game then its understandable

Nintendo and PC gamer

^^^
if every dev went that path, there would be ZERO 3rd party games on WiiU at launch...

How much is it difficult to port those ps360 games to WiiU? If it sells 300-500K, will not they make profit out of it?