By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dishonored: Official Thread

Tagged games:

zarx said:
crissindahouse said:

what the? is that a baby/kid as head?

Doll's face, and limbs

yeah sure no "real" baby but a baby doll. otherwise the limbs wouldn't be so "hard". but still crazy lol

Around the Network

I could not add this to the OP. This is the third part of the Dishonored Webisode. PArt 1 and 2 are in the OP

Ok so the first reviews are in.

IGN 92/100

Gamespot 90/100

And it has currently 89/100 on Metacritic

Right now has a 89% Metacritic.

I new this game would be top quality. Now to wait for the sales. Please sell 2 million this year like ioi predicts!

So I have finally got the chance to play this game. And one thing really bugs me He has no voice. I hate when the main character has no voice. It is a missing factor, If this game had no conversation options at all I had no issue at all with that. A protagonist without is just annoying imo. And the character models are kinda bad, the enviroments look really good but the people do not they look like shit. But beside those two things the game is really cool, the first Person Melee works really good its feels like your are really cutting and stabbing a person and not just air. But the best thing so far is the Stealth, the Stealth is awesome, there are so many ways to stealth kill that is unbeliveable. I mean you can finish the game without killing anybody, but who would want that? When you have so many cool ways to assassinate people. The art style is brilliant, the menus and UIs are really good looking, and I have read you can customize them however you want so I will try this tomorrow. I am far to tired right now.

Around the Network

Bump because hopefully more people have played and finished (dear god, is that a short game) Dishonored by now.

Shameless plug of my review, I gave it 9.1/10: http://www.gamrreview.com/review/89378/dishonored

"To summarise, it’s enormously enjoyable while it lasts, and you won’t have a single complaint to make whilst you’re actually playing. But looking back, you see just how much better it could have been: the gameplay of Dishonored with a properly formed storyline leading to a sensible and satisfying conclusion would make for one of the best games of the generation. As a game, it is almost without equal, but as the interactive storytelling experience that I hoped it would be, it falls a little short. Even as it stands, however, Dishonored is outstanding in its genre, and I can fully recommend it to anyone seeking a stealth game with a difference."

Do people generally agree with this sentiment? It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played for a long time, and extremely well crafted, but the story is oversimplistic and the ending is a mess. Remember to spoiler tag any spoilers.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Bump because hopefully more people have played and finished (dear god, is that a short game) Dishonored by now.

Shameless plug of my review, I gave it 9.1/10: http://www.gamrreview.com/review/89378/dishonored

"To summarise, it’s enormously enjoyable while it lasts, and you won’t have a single complaint to make whilst you’re actually playing. But looking back, you see just how much better it could have been: the gameplay of Dishonored with a properly formed storyline leading to a sensible and satisfying conclusion would make for one of the best games of the generation. As a game, it is almost without equal, but as the interactive storytelling experience that I hoped it would be, it falls a little short. Even as it stands, however, Dishonored is outstanding in its genre, and I can fully recommend it to anyone seeking a stealth game with a difference."

Do people generally agree with this sentiment? It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played for a long time, and extremely well crafted, but the story is oversimplistic and the ending is a mess. Remember to spoiler tag any spoilers.

It was a good game, no doubt. But there where a few things that really bugged me.Story was really weak almost non-existent, Corvo had no voice, and most of the missions where in Daylight.Then the characters had no real story, like Calista or Wallace to name those two. But the most dissapointing thing was the Outsider. It would be so awesome to know more about himw. Why did he gave me those powers, where does he come from, who is he? I mean I have not found all the shrines so maybe he does tell you when you find all of them. I hope they make a sequel with the Unreal 4 engine, I am so sick of Unreal 3.

The only game I could compare it too would be Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It is a shame, it could have been so much better.

Btw. your own rats don´t attack you.

spurgeonryan said:
I rented it from Redbox today. But slept all day long after working last night so I have not played it still. I had a free rental from GamrRewards. I guess I will just have to pay for another night and hopefully play it tomorrow.

Cool post your impressions tomorrow

Played it before like a madman, playing it now like a good guy. It's amazing how all the little things in the game shift on from idealism to cynicism and vice-versa depending on how you play. I wonder if that's more than a simple game mechanics and the - minor spoilers ahead - effect of the Outsider on the world, twisting reality according to your actions and state of mind as the game goes ahead. Very underused character, that Outsider.

haxxiy said:
Played it before like a madman, playing it now like a good guy. It's amazing how all the little things in the game shift on from idealism to cynicism and vice-versa depending on how you play. I wonder if that's more than a simple game mechanics and the - minor spoilers ahead - effect of the Outsider on the world, twisting reality according to your actions and state of mind as the game goes ahead. Very underused character, that Outsider.

I played it like a maniac too. I hope they make a sequel and give the main protagonist a voice