By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dishonored: Official Thread

Tagged games:

Slimebeast said:
AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:

My most anticipated game now.

Sadly it's an under-the-radar game for many gamers. I believe it will get good reviews but not sell that much. I'm thinking 85% Meta but hoping for 90%.

I would compare Dishonored to Bioshock and Deus Ex Human Revolution to get an idea of its sales potential.

Bioshock got amazing reviews at Meta 96% and went on to sell 3.5 million on PS360. But Bioshock is Bioshock,becoming a huge success and instant classic.

Deus Ex got a 89% Meta and is on track to sell 2.5 million lifetime on PS360. But remember that Deus Ex had much more pre-release hype than Dishonored has got.

So I think Dishonored with a 85% Meta will sell 1.5 million lifetime on PS360.

Well if they advertise it properly, then maybe it will manage to hit the million on both Platforms. I mean Rage sold almost 3 million copies and this game sucked. But it got properly promoted.

Bioshock and Deus Ex succeded because of the quality.

Yeah, quality, that's why I compared them because I think Dishonored will be quality too.

Yes, there are quite many mediocre games who are easily able to sell 1 million on both platforms. But Rage I think was mostly picked up from the bargain bin. It's been 10 Euro here in Sweden for several months which means they really really overshipped.

But do you really think Rage sucks? I am playing it right now halfway through and I like it so far. Some things in it piss me off though, like the linear levels and invisible walls and the game holding your hand assuming the player is a moron.

I mean it sucked compared to Bioshock. I played it just an hour or so, the graphics where great but had some texture issuses. And I did not like the car combat MP at all. It was not bad, not as bad as Homefront anyway. But I was hoping for more tbh.

I hope Dishonored will deliver. Will preorder it or buy it after the release, or maybe pirate it?

Around the Network

I actually think it will sell very well if it turns out to be great. Bethesda games seem to always be heavily hyped. Brink managed to sell 1.5mil between ps3 and 360. I think dishonored will sell 2mil on 360 alone. Tricky to guess ps3 sales, as western multiplatforms on ps3 seem to be sporatic. Some sell nearly well as their 360 counterparts, and some barely sell half as many copies. Metacritic will either be low 90s or high 60s. 

enrageorange said:

I actually think it will sell very well if it turns out to be great. Bethesda games seem to always be heavily hyped. Brink managed to sell 1.5mil between ps3 and 360. I think dishonored will sell 2mil on 360 alone. Tricky to guess ps3 sales, as western multiplatforms on ps3 seem to be sporatic. Some sell nearly well as their 360 counterparts, and some barely sell half as many copies. Metacritic will either be low 90s or high 60s. 

Well there are some multiplatform games selling better on the PS3 then on the Xbox but FPS do always sell better on the Box. Well let´s hope the low 90´s high 60´s would be disaster.

AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:
AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:

Sadly it's an under-the-radar game for many gamers. I believe it will get good reviews but not sell that much. I'm thinking 85% Meta but hoping for 90%.

I would compare Dishonored to Bioshock and Deus Ex Human Revolution to get an idea of its sales potential.

Bioshock got amazing reviews at Meta 96% and went on to sell 3.5 million on PS360. But Bioshock is Bioshock,becoming a huge success and instant classic.

Deus Ex got a 89% Meta and is on track to sell 2.5 million lifetime on PS360. But remember that Deus Ex had much more pre-release hype than Dishonored has got.

Well if they advertise it properly, then maybe it will manage to hit the million on both Platforms. I mean Rage sold almost 3 million copies and this game sucked. But it got properly promoted.

Yeah, quality, that's why I compared them because I think Dishonored will be quality too.

Yes, there are quite many mediocre games who are easily able to sell 1 million on both platforms. But Rage I think was mostly picked up from the bargain bin. It's been 10 Euro here in Sweden for several months which means they really really overshipped.

But do you really think Rage sucks? I am playing it right now halfway through and I like it so far. Some things in it piss me off though, like the linear levels and invisible walls and the game holding your hand assuming the player is a moron.

I mean it sucked compared to Bioshock. I played it just an hour or so, the graphics where great but had some texture issuses. And I did not like the car combat MP at all. It was not bad, not as bad as Homefront anyway. But I was hoping for more tbh.

I hope Dishonored will deliver. Will preorder it or buy it after the release, or maybe pirate it?

Pirate it? So you plan to get the PC version?

I am going with the PS3 version.

Slimebeast said:
AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:
AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:

I play FPS games only on PC. But I will buy it at gamestop my Ex Girlfriend will give 25% off

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:
AndrewWK said:

I play FPS games only on PC. But I will buy it at gamestop my Ex Girlfriend will give 25% off

Wow, you've had a GF that was into gaming. Congratulations.

But action games etc you play on PS3? What is your Trophy lvl on PSN?

Slimebeast said:
AndrewWK said:
Slimebeast said:
AndrewWK said:

Wow, you've had a GF that was into gaming. Congratulations.

But action games etc you play on PS3? What is your Trophy lvl on PSN?

Well she was not really into gaming. She played LBP and ModNation Racers all the time.

On PS3 I play almost everything else, except of shooters. I prefer the mouse over the dual analog stick. I don´t know what my Trophy level I don´t really collect trophies or achievments. I think it 8 or 9, I tried to get a Platinum for Castlevania, but gave up after a while.

Bethesda revealed the official pre-orderer bonus for Dishonored

Gamers will have five pre-order options based on where they choose to buy the game

GameStop: Arcane Assassin Downloadable Upgrade Pack & Dishonored Tarot cards

Best Buy: Shadow Rat Downloadable Upgrade Pack & Whale Oil USB Lamp

Amazon: Backstreet Butcher Downloadable Upgrade Pack

Walmart: Acrobatic Killer Downloadable Upgrade Pack

Target: Smart Phone Dishonored Decal

I really hate store-exclusive preorder bonuses.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
I really hate store-exclusive preorder bonuses.

Yeah me too, but at least you get always the same DLC. In every shop. That was the case with Mass Effect 3 at least. Are you gonna pre-order it or will you get free anyway?