By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Plus E3 Edition - June (TRULY EPIC WIN)

Tagged games:

I have a 500GB Seagate Momentus XT in my PS3... 7200RPM with 32GB SSD (hibrid)... that's so fast for Gran Turismo 5.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
mysticwolf said:
Gilgamesh said:
14 Gb left lol Downloading about 50GB, should probably invest in another harddrive if this keeps up.

yeah i know, my 160 HDD won't have much space after this, if i keep getting free games I will definitely need a bigger one. I saw some tempting 320 GB 5400 rpm laptop drives at some nearby retail stores for $55. If you do get one, make sure it is 5400 RPM. 7200 rpm would overheat the ps3, even a slim ps3.

..actually I did buy one before..oh god thanks for reminding me!! I bought a 750GB HDD for my old fat PS3 and it's basically been just sitting there in the dead console , I forgot to remove it!

well, that's very convenient

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Sal.Paradise said:
mysticwolf said:
Gilgamesh said:
14 Gb left lol Downloading about 50GB, should probably invest in another harddrive if this keeps up.

yeah i know, my 160 HDD won't have much space after this, if i keep getting free games I will definitely need a bigger one. I saw some tempting 320 GB 5400 rpm laptop drives at some nearby retail stores for $55. If you do get one, make sure it is 5400 RPM. 7200 rpm would overheat the ps3, even a slim ps3.

I've been rocking a 7200rpm drive for three years!

well, then nevermind. thats just what i read on the internets, but i guess yahoo answers isn't always right lol

it times like this where I regret not but that 320 gig PS3 when I had the chance lol!!! had so delete some game utility data for these games

mysticwolf said:
Sal.Paradise said:
mysticwolf said:
Gilgamesh said:

I've been rocking a 7200rpm drive for three years!

well, then nevermind. thats just what i read on the internets, but i guess yahoo answers isn't always right lol

yea it's just a myth, the heat output of a HDD is more dependend on the model than on the spin speed - a 7200rpm samsung HDD can for example run cooler than a 5400rpm maxtor (or a 7200rpm samsung of a newer gen cooler than a 5400rpm samsung of an older gen)

and the temperature influence of the weather/season is probably higher than that of a normal HDD anyway

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
it times like this where I regret not but that 320 gig PS3 when I had the chance lol!!! had so delete some game utility data for these games

i know me too. i think i might get a 500 GB HDD to replace my 160. I should have just shelled out the 50 extra dollars for the 320 when i bought my ps3. I had no idea that games were so big.

Lafiel said:

yea it's just a myth, the heat output of a HDD is more dependend on the model than on the spin speed - a 7200rpm samsung HDD can for example run cooler than a 5400rpm maxtor (or a 7200rpm samsung of a newer gen cooler than a 5400rpm samsung of an older gen)

and the temperature influence of the weather/season is probably higher than that of a normal HDD anyway

so if i wanted to get a new hard drive, what would be a good brand to go with?

mysticwolf said:
arcane_chaos said:

i know me too. i think i might get a 500 GB HDD to replace my 160. I should have just shelled out the 50 extra dollars for the 320 when i bought my ps3. I had no idea that games were so big.

DVD games (multiplat) have 4-7GB... Blupray games (exclusives) have 10-15GB.

Retail games of course... PNS only games have way less GB (1-2GB).

mysticwolf said:
Lafiel said:

so if i wanted to get a new hard drive, what would be a good brand to go with?

hmm.. if you just want to grab one without having to do much research you should probably go with a Seagate or Samsung, as their line ups are pretty consitently good/well received, while Hitachi, Western Digital or Toshiba have some good and some bad hard disks judging by reviews/user feedback

crissindahouse said:

i'm a little bit interested in infamous 2 as example which i have to pay ~6-7€ on ebay here where i live for a used copy (better used than digital). but then i would OWN the game as long as i wish if i realy like it or i can sell it after 6 months to get almost the same back. which would at the end maybe cost me one time shipping cost to me and ebay charges. the shipping cost when i sell it would pay the buyer. i would maybe lose 2-3€ with my purchase. the same for the second game i would maybe play, just cause 2. but i calculate it like it should be calculated. if a game wasn't worth 7€ for me to own it over ebay, it has to be much less worth to me to own it only the time i pay for ps+. that means a game like infamous 2 is maybe worth 5€ for me to buy on ebay and much less as time limited digital version because i can't own it forever and i can't sell it anymore and it is only digital.

Wow, Germany's Ebay must be incredibly cheaper than all the online stores here in the United States.  Infamous 2 will run you $20-$25 after shipping to purchase used in the US (16-20 Euros)...or you are simply making up the prices just to make it sound like ps+ isn't as good as it seems.

Perhaps somebody else who understands German can clarify if Infamous 2 is indeed a 60% discount when compared to the price that is available in the US, that would be greatly appreciated.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.