By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Plus E3 Edition - June (TRULY EPIC WIN)

Tagged games:

Got it yesterday and now have to reupgrade my Hard drive. -_- 160 GB is not enough for plus. I hate how long it takes to download games. Been downloading All4One for 5 hours now. So far, I've only downloaded Just Cause 2 and that Zombie game.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Yeah, JC2 looks epic.

But where the heck is the revamp, 20 gameplays, Gakai deal thing.

WTF?

I would take 12 games over the revamp anyday!

20 gameplays?!? What are you on about?!?

Gaikai deal was only a rumor, you know something that you should take a huge grain of salt everytime you see the word rumor!

Anyway, sometimes Sony baffled my mind with their business structure, 12 games in 1 month for only a couple pennies!!!

How is Warhammer btw? Never gave it a glance before Plus? Is it as awful as I have always assumed?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

crissindahouse said:
room414 said:
crissindahouse said:
Stinky said:
Don't get me wrong I'm not here to cast aspersions on what looks like good value, but isn't it slightly disingenuous to promote these games as free when you have to have a PSN+ sub to play them?

yeah saw it now as well. sure it's marketing which works like you see. people would never have played 80% of that because they don't care about most games and the few they are really interestet in cost only 5€ or so on ebay which they would really own then. (or they could get them in a rental shop for few euros). for people who have ps+ it is good but making an account only for that is money wasting. but "we give you for free" was always an excellent marketing trick i wonder why companies like sony/microsoft/nintendo don't use it more often because they will earn money with it and not lose money like some might think.

btw are you really stinky? haha

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. My plus membership works out to $3.33 a month ($4.17 for a new member) . I get ALL those games for that price. Beats the living shit out of buying or renting. You can't buy even one of those at that price. You might be able to rent one for a week. And anyone saying they own them all is full of shit. I don't believe for a second anyone owns anything close to all those unless you buy every damn thing that releases. Also one of those games is a new release. The ps+ discounts alone cover the cost of my membership. It's just amazing to me that people don't see the value in ps+. There's four games on that list i've been on the fence for buying but never picked up. Phenomenal deal.

yes i know what i'm talking about. i and most others who did never play the games are not interested in most of these games. it's the same with some games i bought over steam. i bought them because i got them cheap but i will never play them because i don't care. and of all these "free" games now, only 3 games interest me a little bit. not very much because i would have bought or rent them in the past if i would really care about them but i would play them.

i'm a little bit interested in infamous 2 as example which i have to pay ~6-7€ on ebay here where i live for a used copy (better used than digital). but then i would OWN the game as long as i wish if i realy like it or i can sell it after 6 months to get almost the same back. which would at the end maybe cost me one time shipping cost to me and ebay charges. the shipping cost when i sell it would pay the buyer. i would maybe lose 2-3€ with my purchase. the same for the second game i would maybe play, just cause 2. but i calculate it like it should be calculated. if a game wasn't worth 7€ for me to own it over ebay, it has to be much less worth to me to own it only the time i pay for ps+. that means a game like infamous 2 is maybe worth 5€ for me to buy on ebay and much less as time limited digital version because i can't own it forever and i can't sell it anymore and it is only digital.

and like i said, that's marketing. sony or any other company knows that only people who would never have bought them otherwise (even when they say it, because there are always other new games which come first) with maybe a very few exeptions will get the games now. and only people who don't care for ps+ or don't care enough for ps+ will get it now.  like i said, people who are a fan of ps+ and pay for it regularly get a nice extra now but i would never purchase it now just for games i did never bought to play them as long as i pay for ps+ and when i played through the few games i care about i would stop paying for psn+ and my games would't be my games anymore...

it is just marketing and no samaritan act like some try to say. they try to get as many as possible to pay for psn+ and then anytime in the future when they have enough who pay for it regularly they will make it like microsoft or so for ps4 then and because people are used to play for psn then, they won't have a problem as they would have if they would never have paid for psn before.

if anyone really believes a billion dollar company is doing something to be nice sry but i have to say they only do it to get our money.

and yes, i have games of that list, darksiders and lara croft as example so calm down just because some see a better reason to just buy the few games used they really are interested in to own them forever as blu-ray if they want.

Of course most of us on this site already own some of them but you can't see any value in all those games for $4.17? You know you get new content every month right? Plus free avatars and themes. Plus regular discounts on games you would buy anyways. Plus cloud saving, auto update, beta invites and 1 hour trials? 

"it is just marketing and no samaritan act like some try to say"                                                                                                                       Who the hell said that? Of course it's just business but it's also an amazing deal. 

You're just an xbox fan here to talk shit. Go play your xbox. 

homer said:
Got it yesterday and now have to reupgrade my Hard drive. -_- 160 GB is not enough for plus. I hate how long it takes to download games. Been downloading All4One for 5 hours now. So far, I've only downloaded Just Cause 2 and that Zombie game.

Auto update will download and install your games if they're in your download queue.

Around the Network
room414 said:
homer said:

Auto update will download and install your games if they're in your download queue.

What is a download queue?

homer said:
room414 said:
homer said:

What is a download queue?

'download management' on the xmb where the games are queued up that you selected from the store

One thing I noticed about installing a 15 GB game is the PS4 better be super fast while doing task like installing, took me like a couple hours to install, the download was faster!?

whats the max size HDD ps3 can take? does anyone know?

pezus said:
mysticwolf said:
adriane23 said:
I bought my 1TB HDD just in time!

that just seems unnecessary

Not he wants to store a lot of HD movies, music, TV shows and games

See, someones using their head(Takes notes Mysticwolf). I'm actually down to 560gb and I've only had it for a few months. I got it for $100 at Best Buy.

I am the Playstation Avenger.