By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Plus E3 Edition - June (TRULY EPIC WIN)

Tagged games:

Gilgamesh said:
mysticwolf said:
Gilgamesh said:
14 Gb left lol Downloading about 50GB, should probably invest in another harddrive if this keeps up.

yeah i know, my 160 HDD won't have much space after this, if i keep getting free games I will definitely need a bigger one. I saw some tempting 320 GB 5400 rpm laptop drives at some nearby retail stores for $55. If you do get one, make sure it is 5400 RPM. 7200 rpm would overheat the ps3, even a slim ps3.

..actually I did buy one before..oh god thanks for reminding me!! I bought a 750GB HDD for my old fat PS3 and it's basically been just sitting there in the dead console , I forgot to remove it!

well, that's very convenient

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
mysticwolf said:
Gilgamesh said:
14 Gb left lol Downloading about 50GB, should probably invest in another harddrive if this keeps up.

yeah i know, my 160 HDD won't have much space after this, if i keep getting free games I will definitely need a bigger one. I saw some tempting 320 GB 5400 rpm laptop drives at some nearby retail stores for $55. If you do get one, make sure it is 5400 RPM. 7200 rpm would overheat the ps3, even a slim ps3.

I've been rocking a 7200rpm drive for three years!

well, then nevermind. thats just what i read on the internets, but i guess yahoo answers isn't always right lol

it times like this where I regret not but that 320 gig PS3 when I had the chance lol!!! had so delete some game utility data for these games

mysticwolf said:
Sal.Paradise said:
mysticwolf said:
Gilgamesh said:

I've been rocking a 7200rpm drive for three years!

well, then nevermind. thats just what i read on the internets, but i guess yahoo answers isn't always right lol

yea it's just a myth, the heat output of a HDD is more dependend on the model than on the spin speed - a 7200rpm samsung HDD can for example run cooler than a 5400rpm maxtor (or a 7200rpm samsung of a newer gen cooler than a 5400rpm samsung of an older gen)

and the temperature influence of the weather/season is probably higher than that of a normal HDD anyway

arcane_chaos said:
it times like this where I regret not but that 320 gig PS3 when I had the chance lol!!! had so delete some game utility data for these games

i know me too. i think i might get a 500 GB HDD to replace my 160. I should have just shelled out the 50 extra dollars for the 320 when i bought my ps3. I had no idea that games were so big.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

yea it's just a myth, the heat output of a HDD is more dependend on the model than on the spin speed - a 7200rpm samsung HDD can for example run cooler than a 5400rpm maxtor (or a 7200rpm samsung of a newer gen cooler than a 5400rpm samsung of an older gen)

and the temperature influence of the weather/season is probably higher than that of a normal HDD anyway

so if i wanted to get a new hard drive, what would be a good brand to go with?

mysticwolf said:
arcane_chaos said:

i know me too. i think i might get a 500 GB HDD to replace my 160. I should have just shelled out the 50 extra dollars for the 320 when i bought my ps3. I had no idea that games were so big.

DVD games (multiplat) have 4-7GB... Blupray games (exclusives) have 10-15GB.

Retail games of course... PNS only games have way less GB (1-2GB).

mysticwolf said:
Lafiel said:

so if i wanted to get a new hard drive, what would be a good brand to go with?

hmm.. if you just want to grab one without having to do much research you should probably go with a Seagate or Samsung, as their line ups are pretty consitently good/well received, while Hitachi, Western Digital or Toshiba have some good and some bad hard disks judging by reviews/user feedback

crissindahouse said:

i'm a little bit interested in infamous 2 as example which i have to pay ~6-7€ on ebay here where i live for a used copy (better used than digital). but then i would OWN the game as long as i wish if i realy like it or i can sell it after 6 months to get almost the same back. which would at the end maybe cost me one time shipping cost to me and ebay charges. the shipping cost when i sell it would pay the buyer. i would maybe lose 2-3€ with my purchase. the same for the second game i would maybe play, just cause 2. but i calculate it like it should be calculated. if a game wasn't worth 7€ for me to own it over ebay, it has to be much less worth to me to own it only the time i pay for ps+. that means a game like infamous 2 is maybe worth 5€ for me to buy on ebay and much less as time limited digital version because i can't own it forever and i can't sell it anymore and it is only digital.

Wow, Germany's Ebay must be incredibly cheaper than all the online stores here in the United States.  Infamous 2 will run you $20-$25 after shipping to purchase used in the US (16-20 Euros)...or you are simply making up the prices just to make it sound like ps+ isn't as good as it seems.

Perhaps somebody else who understands German can clarify if Infamous 2 is indeed a 60% discount when compared to the price that is available in the US, that would be greatly appreciated.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

psn plus just went super nova