By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Are You Convinced On WiiU? **UPDATED with launch window games list**

Are you convinced to buy the WiiU?

YESS...especially after this E3! 210 31.16%

NO..I need moar! 196 29.08%

NOO NOOO *Darth Vader's Episode VI one* 178 26.41%

Maybe.... 90 13.35%

Total:674

I'll still undecided,but, I probably won't buy it at launch. The only game I like from the launch window is Tekken. Batman, ZombiU, and Darksider 2 look cool though.
BYW: Nintendo is milking the hell out of Mario, I'm starting to lose interest in Mario. (I can't believe I just said that.)

Around the Network

I can't wait to get a Wii U ^w^ it reminds me more and more each day of the famicom/nes and super famicom/snes^^

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Heavenly_King said:
If a gamer did not buy a Wii, then he wont buy a WiiU. People buy nintendo consoles for nintendo games. I know that nintendo is trying to offer the hardcore games a "better" way to interact with games, but I dont give a damn about the tablet game pad.

Correction. Nintendo games are for hardcore gamers, the real kind.

I call the PS3/360 crowd shooter gamers because that is what the majority of them buy and play whether it be Halo, Killzone, Uncharted, Gears of War, Call of Duty, Twisted Metal, Dead Space, Mass Effect, etc. Occasionally you get some medieval fantasy thrown in there, but most of them are about the shooters. They are hardcore shooter fanatics, not hardcore gamers. Nintendo already has the hardcore gamers in reality.

If you are a hardcore gamer then you game for gaming, not for just a few genre's or graphical styles. Hardcore gamers like "good games" not realistic, cartoony, shooter, adventure etc.

BoneArk said:
I'll still undecided,but, I probably won't buy it at launch. The only game I like from the launch window is Tekken. Batman, ZombiU, and Darksider 2 look cool though.
BYW: Nintendo is milking the hell out of Mario, I'm starting to lose interest in Mario. (I can't believe I just said that.)

I for one am looking forward to seeing how these two do against each other. The 3ds one looks and im sure will sell better, but i wonder if it will take some sales away

I love this hypocritical port nonsense.....the ps3 and 360 launches with many ports too

the wii u lineup is only abotu 15 percent

This is the strongest launch lineup nintendo has EVER had

give them a break

Around the Network
lilbroex said:
Heavenly_King said:
If a gamer did not buy a Wii, then he wont buy a WiiU. People buy nintendo consoles for nintendo games. I know that nintendo is trying to offer the hardcore games a "better" way to interact with games, but I dont give a damn about the tablet game pad.

Correction. Nintendo games are for hardcore gamers, the real kind.

I call the PS3/360 crowd shooter gamers because that is what the majority of them buy and play whether it be Halo, Killzone, Uncharted, Gears of War, Call of Duty, Twisted Metal, Dead Space, Mass Effect, etc. Occasionally you get some medieval fantasy thrown in there, but most of them are about the shooters. They are hardcore shooter fanatics, not hardcore gamers. Nintendo already has the hardcore gamers in reality.

If you are a hardcore gamer then you game for gaming, not for just a few genre's or graphical styles. Hardcore gamers like "good games" not realistic, cartoony, shooter, adventure etc.

Heavenly_King said:

I have a hard time understading this. The GamePad adds so much functionality. The simplest version would be the removal of the heads-up-display that you would have to press start to go to. You could select weapons with the tap of the screen. You could see the overhead map right in your controller. Driving games would have a map and maybe a dash-board showing your fuel meter and your speed. The possibilities are endless. 

I'm also really excited about the TV possibilities, as I have said before. The GamePad functions as a TV remote! Also you could navigate netflix while you watch netflix. You could browse TV guide while you channel surf. There will be many other devices that do this in the coming years, but really the Wii U will be one of the first, and do it on the cheap. 

The YES!!! catergory is now leading the polls. Nice.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Joelcool7 said:
I'm not trolling and the idea that I'm a Nintendo hater is laughable. Also unlike the over whelming majority I love Reggie and I think based on his talk about the industry he knows exactly what has to be done for Nintendo to succeed. Reggie is a puppet sadly he doesn't appear to have any tangible control over Nintendo's operations even in the United States. I do not blame him at all for Nintendo's recent trouble I put the blame in Japan where it really should be.

As for how could Nintendo maintain third party support, its not their fault. Umm Microsoft has proven if you toss some incentives to third parties either financial ones or even close ties you can get third party support that earlier you could have only dreamed of. Nintendo has the most profitable games division of the three they have massive resources even a little effort would be nice. I mean seriously it doesn't cost all that much to get a title ported Nintendo could throw Activision, EA, Sega or THQ a couple bones and we'd have more games. Also considering Nintendo was bending over backwards to provide new tools to developers they obviously didn't do enough.

Lastly as I said those three titles wouldn't be that dissapointing if all three were present day one. If NintendoLand was bundled and Pikmin3 featured online coop, and both local and online multiplayer. If MarioU has 4 player online coop and local. Those two games with great online day one would have me pretty close to sold. That and some third party support, but Nintendo didn't show anything to indicate these titles will all be day one nor did they show their online network is going to be capable.

Also I never said Nintendo's doomed all I said was I'm pissed off and not buying, that with the current line up Nintendo won't likely meet its sales forecast. That is why I brought up investors not because they know dick but because they don't believe Nintendo can meet its sales expectations either. I said if the hardware retails at 250$ it might have a chance but at 300-379.99$ not likely. I never said WiiU was a rip off either I said if I buy it at 379.99$ and they cut the price half a year later because they botched the launch then its a rip off.

Go back watch E3 2005 there was roughly 50 launch window Wii games some got canned but their was games from every major third party. Look at E3 when 3DS was launched I believe it was 32 launch window games announced. Now how can you tell me that 23-27 is a good amount of titles?

You know neither of those games have online play, right?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

spurgeonryan said:
Conegamer said:
The YES!!! catergory is now leading the polls. Nice.

Now if only investors would see that poll and the "yes" category then maybe we could get the stock price to rise back up!

Don't say that! I want stock to fall so I can buy in, and then laugh at 'analysts' and 'hardcore gamers' when Nintendo inevitably end up selling out again

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.