By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Are You Convinced On WiiU? **UPDATED with launch window games list**

Are you convinced to buy the WiiU?

YESS...especially after this E3! 210 31.16%

NO..I need moar! 196 29.08%

NOO NOOO *Darth Vader's Episode VI one* 178 26.41%

Maybe.... 90 13.35%

Total:674
richardhutnik said:
badgenome said:
Yes, convinced not to buy one.

I don't see any Wii stuff in your profile, so I am not sure that you are the best person to ask about being convinced.  You apparently weren't convinced about the Wii either.

That's right. I wasn't. I don't recall Nintendo pitching the Wii towards core gamers, though. They kept talking about how the Wii U was going to be different, but if anything, it's even less appealing to me than the Wii was.

Around the Network

Simple no. No Games im interestet. And no games that look like next gen around the corner. And with such high support from the ps3 a can easily wait for PS4.

I am furious from both a consumer stand point and a business stand point. Nintendo proved at E3 they are not taking the industry seriously they haven't learnt a thing since 3DS had a botched release. This is the most horrific launch of a Nintendo console to date.

Reggie has been talking since last year "We need the core" and "we need to make sure we have the games". We need third party support and we need to have a solid line up. But at E3 only Pikmin and Assassins Creed 3 represent the core. EAGames who last year said every major IP was going to be on WiiU this year stated only sports games and Mass Effect 3 were coming to WiiU, Activision who also talked major support last year only has Skylanders and in fact has less confidence in WiiU then they had with Wii. Sega who promised last year a new Sonic is virtually non existent. Square Enix is missing where was DragonQuestX and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle's?

All the Nintendo first party core games are missing. Where's Retro's game? Where's Silicon Knights game? Where are the other games? We know several first party titles were in development. Now we hear Nintendo is ditching EternalDarkness 2 sorry it shows that Nintendo simply is not taking a hint.

For the first time since GBA I will not be buying a Nintendo system day one. The only way I would reconsider is if Pikmin3 is there day one with online multiplayer and coop, NewSuperMarioBrosU also day one, NintendoLand bundled free with the hardware at 299.99$ WiiFitU released by December. CoD:BO2 and MoH:WF both released and Metro brought back to the line up. Nintendo must also provide evidence by launch that Retro's game and Eternal Darkness 2 are both coming in 2013.

That isn't that much to ask. In fact it was already promised by Nintendo, EAGAMES and Activision. I'm not asking for anything that wasn't promised. Reggie promised core games he promised third party support! So unless Nintendo proves they intend to keep their promise I will be jumping ship.

I don't have money or time for this shit. With Wii I got all my core games Far Cry, Splinter Cell, Red Steel, Legend of Zelda. I got Sonic, Monkey Ball shortly after launch SSX. Nintendo had third party core titles they had first party titles.

With WiiU they have what Mario? Assassins Creed 3 and what? Zilch they aren't even giving us Pikmin3 launch day according to their schedule. This is unacceptable and I suspect if the hardware launches at 349.99$ or higher it will receive a price cut within 6 months and Nintendo will again lose hundreds of millions.

I am beginning to think Nintendo's leadership is purposely running the company into the ground. I mean Reggie has said constantly what Nintendo needs to do, he has proven the company is very well aware of what they are doing wrong. But instead of changing course or taking any moves to reduce the companies vulnerability instead they are focusing on doing exactly what gave them their first annual loss in recorded history.

Nintendo isn't going to go bankrupt. But I think it might be time for Iwata to stand down, he did an amazing job but this E3 shows that he doesn't understand the current climate in gaming. Reggie should be promoted to Keats's job.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:
I am furious from both a consumer stand point and a business stand point. Nintendo proved at E3 they are not taking the industry seriously they haven't learnt a thing since 3DS had a botched release. This is the most horrific launch of a Nintendo console to date.

Reggie has been talking since last year "We need the core" and "we need to make sure we have the games". We need third party support and we need to have a solid line up. But at E3 only Pikmin and Assassins Creed 3 represent the core. EAGames who last year said every major IP was going to be on WiiU this year stated only sports games and Mass Effect 3 were coming to WiiU, Activision who also talked major support last year only has Skylanders and in fact has less confidence in WiiU then they had with Wii. Sega who promised last year a new Sonic is virtually non existent. Square Enix is missing where was DragonQuestX and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle's?

All the Nintendo first party core games are missing. Where's Retro's game? Where's Silicon Knights game? Where are the other games? We know several first party titles were in development. Now we hear Nintendo is ditching EternalDarkness 2 sorry it shows that Nintendo simply is not taking a hint.

For the first time since GBA I will not be buying a Nintendo system day one. The only way I would reconsider is if Pikmin3 is there day one with online multiplayer and coop, NewSuperMarioBrosU also day one, NintendoLand bundled free with the hardware at 299.99$ WiiFitU released by December. CoD:BO2 and MoH:WF both released and Metro brought back to the line up. Nintendo must also provide evidence by launch that Retro's game and Eternal Darkness 2 are both coming in 2013.

That isn't that much to ask. In fact it was already promised by Nintendo, EAGAMES and Activision. I'm not asking for anything that wasn't promised. Reggie promised core games he promised third party support! So unless Nintendo proves they intend to keep their promise I will be jumping ship.

I don't have money or time for this shit. With Wii I got all my core games Far Cry, Splinter Cell, Red Steel, Legend of Zelda. I got Sonic, Monkey Ball shortly after launch SSX. Nintendo had third party core titles they had first party titles.

With WiiU they have what Mario? Assassins Creed 3 and what? Zilch they aren't even giving us Pikmin3 launch day according to their schedule. This is unacceptable and I suspect if the hardware launches at 349.99$ or higher it will receive a price cut within 6 months and Nintendo will again lose hundreds of millions.

I am beginning to think Nintendo's leadership is purposely running the company into the ground. I mean Reggie has said constantly what Nintendo needs to do, he has proven the company is very well aware of what they are doing wrong. But instead of changing course or taking any moves to reduce the companies vulnerability instead they are focusing on doing exactly what gave them their first annual loss in recorded history.

Nintendo isn't going to go bankrupt. But I think it might be time for Iwata to stand down, he did an amazing job but this E3 shows that he doesn't understand the current climate in gaming. Reggie should be promoted to Keats's job.

first off, when did they promise ED2 and when did they say it was cancelled?? Link please, cause i would have loved that game.

2nd those core games you listed are horrible, horrible. FarCRY?? really?? you liked that game. red steel sucked, SC sucked. TP was good, even though it was a port. Sonic and the secret rings sucked. ever worst than shadown at least you had some modicum of control. 

I find it funny you think the launch is bad, i think its a way better lineup than Wii was. at least in terms of 3rd party. AC3 only is better than all those games you mentioned. As is Batman and Rayman. funny you forgot those were there. No i have not played AC3 or the new Rayman. But having played prior games in those series im sure they are better than that list you just gave off. "With Wii i got all my core games" yeah, crappy ones, unless you enjoyed them then more power to you.

3rd U still believe in Reggie?? thats your own fault

oniyide said:

first off, when did they promise ED2 and when did they say it was cancelled?? Link please, cause i would have loved that game.

I don't think Nintendo promised it, but Dyack was hinting very heavily at it not long ago. Something along the lines of them working on something "everyone has wanted for a long time" or whatever. But now that they've lost their ill-advised lawsuit against Epic, they're laying off a lot of people at Silicon Knights and the rumor is that Nintendo has canceled ED2 as well.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
oniyide said:

I don't think Nintendo promised it, but Dyack was hinting very heavily at it not long ago. Something along the lines of them working on something "everyone has wanted for a long time" or whatever. But now that they've lost their ill-advised lawsuit against Epic, they're laying off a lot of people at Silicon Knights and the rumor is that Nintendo has canceled ED2 as well.

so JoeCool was just being a bit dramatic. thought as much. thanks for the info

Joelcool7 said:
 But at E3 only Pikmin and Assassins Creed 3 represent the core. 

With WiiU they have what Mario? Assassins Creed 3 and what? Zilch 

You're acting like P-100 doesn't exist.

Kamiya is like a God to gaming, IMO behind only a few others like Miyamoto, Sakaguchi and Kitase; I would buy pretty much anything he worked on.

MrT-Tar said:
Joelcool7 said:
 But at E3 only Pikmin and Assassins Creed 3 represent the core. 

With WiiU they have what Mario? Assassins Creed 3 and what? Zilch 

You're acting like P-100 doesn't exist.

Kamiya is like a God to gaming, IMO behind only a few others like Miyamoto, Sakaguchi and Kitase; I would buy pretty much anything he worked on.

he's acting like alot of things dont exist

lol first off I didn't say ED2 was promised I said core games were promised.P-100 looks interesting but it is not a system seller watching the game play I'm still not even convinced its a core title. As for Batman I'm not forgetting it neither am I Mass Effect 3 I mean as a Nintendo fan I should so be happy with a year old port! Ya theirs some new content woop Dee doo!

As for FarCry on Wii and Red Steel and Splinter Cell. Far Cry might have been a 5/10 but I really loved Red Steel it was far better then RS2 and still holds up against most of the FPS games on Wii. Monkey Ball was amazing, I still play SSX and the launch window had several titles that make WiiU's launch window look like shit. GameCube had a better launch window. Even DS and 3DS had better launch windows.

I love Nintendo's IP, but seriously were getting games like WiiFitU and a Wario Ware game? Look even the 3DS had over 30 launch window games announced at its E3 and within the launch window saw over 50 games.

I'm not pretending the games don't exist. I am saying I'm sick of Nintendo not learning from its mistakes.

As for my faith in Reggie. It is not Reggie who calls the shots on what games Nintendo makes. Why is it Reggie contradicts Japan so much? Because he knows that Nintendo is not learning from its mistakes.

Nintendo promised a system with strong third party support and a focus on core gamers. They lied essentially I cant think of another way to describe what happened.Theirs no EA, Activision or Sega support not even THQ has any confidence anymore.

I mean I look at the line up and theirs only one game I have to have. Pikmin3, and only about four that I'd consider Rayman, NSMBU, Aliens:ColonialMarines. Seriously that sums up every game I'd possibly be interested in buying. What would I want with a generic zombie shooter?

Sorry I'm done with Nintendo till they show me the games they promised last E3. The EA games, Activision games and Sega games the THQ games. Then of course those core Nintendo IP they talked about.

I'm not going to buy a console and get ripped off again when Nintendo cuts price by 70-100$. Nintendo is repeating their strategy with 3DS well actually their doing worse at least the 3DS had almost unanimous third party support at launch till the games were cancelled due to the horrible sales!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:

I'm not going to buy a console and get ripped off again when Nintendo cuts price by 70-100$. Nintendo is repeating their strategy with 3DS well actually their doing worse at least the 3DS had almost unanimous third party support at launch till the games were cancelled due to the horrible sales!

Nintendo Wii U's launch line-up is quite good. I'm surprised you would think buying a Wii U would be a rip-off. If you think that then wait. Simple as that.