By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Are You Convinced On WiiU? **UPDATED with launch window games list**

Are you convinced to buy the WiiU?

YESS...especially after this E3! 210 31.16%

NO..I need moar! 196 29.08%

NOO NOOO *Darth Vader's Episode VI one* 178 26.41%

Maybe.... 90 13.35%

Total:674

If the price is $250 then I will get one at launch.  If not, I will wait and see what games are released.  I want to make sure that third parties are releasing games for the system at or around the same time they are releasing the same game on Microsoft and Sony's console.

Around the Network

I'm not trolling and the idea that I'm a Nintendo hater is laughable. Also unlike the over whelming majority I love Reggie and I think based on his talk about the industry he knows exactly what has to be done for Nintendo to succeed. Reggie is a puppet sadly he doesn't appear to have any tangible control over Nintendo's operations even in the United States. I do not blame him at all for Nintendo's recent trouble I put the blame in Japan where it really should be.

As for how could Nintendo maintain third party support, its not their fault. Umm Microsoft has proven if you toss some incentives to third parties either financial ones or even close ties you can get third party support that earlier you could have only dreamed of. Nintendo has the most profitable games division of the three they have massive resources even a little effort would be nice. I mean seriously it doesn't cost all that much to get a title ported Nintendo could throw Activision, EA, Sega or THQ a couple bones and we'd have more games. Also considering Nintendo was bending over backwards to provide new tools to developers they obviously didn't do enough.

Lastly as I said those three titles wouldn't be that dissapointing if all three were present day one. If NintendoLand was bundled and Pikmin3 featured online coop, and both local and online multiplayer. If MarioU has 4 player online coop and local. Those two games with great online day one would have me pretty close to sold. That and some third party support, but Nintendo didn't show anything to indicate these titles will all be day one nor did they show their online network is going to be capable.

Also I never said Nintendo's doomed all I said was I'm pissed off and not buying, that with the current line up Nintendo won't likely meet its sales forecast. That is why I brought up investors not because they know dick but because they don't believe Nintendo can meet its sales expectations either. I said if the hardware retails at 250$ it might have a chance but at 300-379.99$ not likely. I never said WiiU was a rip off either I said if I buy it at 379.99$ and they cut the price half a year later because they botched the launch then its a rip off.

Go back watch E3 2005 there was roughly 50 launch window Wii games some got canned but their was games from every major third party. Look at E3 when 3DS was launched I believe it was 32 launch window games announced. Now how can you tell me that 23-27 is a good amount of titles?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Personally with the current line up I suspect Nintendo will probably come up 25% short on its projections. Not as bad as 3DS but certainly nothing to be proud of. I'm also not going to be buying it till I get some games. Right now Pikmin3 and Rayman are the two only games I really want, MarioU looks alright as well. But these games simply are not enough to get me to shell out anymore then 250$. Also I need to see Nintendo is serious about online and multiplayer Pikmin3 needs online coop and multiplayer as does MarioU!

Also keep in mind I will be roughly 80,000 in the hole and attending classes 12-14 hrs a day. Meaning Nintendo needs to give me a damn good reason to spend more money and take any of my valuable time! Right now I only have four games I intend to buy in fiscal 2013! Nintendo needs to show that it learnt its lesson!

-JC7

Joelcool7 said:
Personally with the current line up I suspect Nintendo will probably come up 25% short on its projections. Not as bad as 3DS but certainly nothing to be proud of. I'm also not going to be buying it till I get some games. Right now Pikmin3 and Rayman are the two only games I really want, MarioU looks alright as well. But these games simply are not enough to get me to shell out anymore then 250$. Also I need to see Nintendo is serious about online and multiplayer Pikmin3 needs online coop and multiplayer as does MarioU!

Also keep in mind I will be roughly 80,000 in the hole and attending classes 12-14 hrs a day. Meaning Nintendo needs to give me a damn good reason to spend more money and take any of my valuable time! Right now I only have four games I intend to buy in fiscal 2013! Nintendo needs to show that it learnt its lesson!

can you link to Nintendo's sales projections for Wii U? I didn't know they were released.

Also, I gather you're going off to college? Good Luck!!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Joelcool7 said:
I'm not trolling and the idea that I'm a Nintendo hater is laughable. Also unlike the over whelming majority I love Reggie and I think based on his talk about the industry he knows exactly what has to be done for Nintendo to succeed. Reggie is a puppet sadly he doesn't appear to have any tangible control over Nintendo's operations even in the United States. I do not blame him at all for Nintendo's recent trouble I put the blame in Japan where it really should be.

As for how could Nintendo maintain third party support, its not their fault. Umm Microsoft has proven if you toss some incentives to third parties either financial ones or even close ties you can get third party support that earlier you could have only dreamed of. Nintendo has the most profitable games division of the three they have massive resources even a little effort would be nice. I mean seriously it doesn't cost all that much to get a title ported Nintendo could throw Activision, EA, Sega or THQ a couple bones and we'd have more games. Also considering Nintendo was bending over backwards to provide new tools to developers they obviously didn't do enough.

Lastly as I said those three titles wouldn't be that dissapointing if all three were present day one. If NintendoLand was bundled and Pikmin3 featured online coop, and both local and online multiplayer. If MarioU has 4 player online coop and local. Those two games with great online day one would have me pretty close to sold. That and some third party support, but Nintendo didn't show anything to indicate these titles will all be day one nor did they show their online network is going to be capable.

Also I never said Nintendo's doomed all I said was I'm pissed off and not buying, that with the current line up Nintendo won't likely meet its sales forecast. That is why I brought up investors not because they know dick but because they don't believe Nintendo can meet its sales expectations either. I said if the hardware retails at 250$ it might have a chance but at 300-379.99$ not likely. I never said WiiU was a rip off either I said if I buy it at 379.99$ and they cut the price half a year later because they botched the launch then its a rip off.

Go back watch E3 2005 there was roughly 50 launch window Wii games some got canned but their was games from every major third party. Look at E3 when 3DS was launched I believe it was 32 launch window games announced. Now how can you tell me that 23-27 is a good amount of titles?

@the first bolded, that makes sense and for the 2nd, i agree and have been saying that for years, when some people cry that its not Ninty's fault that Wii wasnt getting any. However, it seems strange that all these companies have seemed to pull their support. How did Ninty get them in the first place if they were on board?? ANd what did they see that drove them away? From what ive seen a good chunk of the games that were known to come out for Wii U prior to E3 are still coming. ALiens, AC3, Batman, Darksiders, Metro got canned cause they're broke, etc. Just because say Sonic wasnt shown doesnt mean its got cancelled, maybe it wasnt ready. As for no shows like EA, I never believed that crap that they would have all their games on WII U. If u had believed all the rumors then its your own fault you got let down.

Around the Network

Wasn't rumors. It was an official statement by EA! Also I know the MoH:WF team was working on a port I talked with several EA developers unofficially of course that suggested EA was fully supporting WiiU. But a couple months ago it changed from "All of our major games will be on WiiU" to "We cant talk about it, you'll have to wait till E3". So EA ditched Nintendo for some reason.

As for the other games Sonic with NFC was confirmed by Sega. Sega said Sonic was coming and maybe it still is. As for Activision they fully supported Wii, if they aren't supporting WiiU their is something seriously strong.

I'm still expecting Nintendo to announce another 20 launch window titles by launch. I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to launch WiiU with the current line up.

As for Wii's failure in the last two years. Yes that is entirely Nintendo's fault they focused to heavily on their non gamers and allowed their core to leave. Later on when they turned to the core they were there to bail Nintendo out.

Reggie has said it time and time again. Nintendo needs both core and casual they cannot neglect one for the other. They are both important. But Nintendo in Japan doesn't appear to acknowledge this!

-JC7

Joelcool7 said:
Wasn't rumors. It was an official statement by EA! Also I know the MoH:WF team was working on a port I talked with several EA developers unofficially of course that suggested EA was fully supporting WiiU. But a couple months ago it changed from "All of our major games will be on WiiU" to "We cant talk about it, you'll have to wait till E3". So EA ditched Nintendo for some reason.

As for the other games Sonic with NFC was confirmed by Sega. Sega said Sonic was coming and maybe it still is. As for Activision they fully supported Wii, if they aren't supporting WiiU their is something seriously strong.

I'm still expecting Nintendo to announce another 20 launch window titles by launch. I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to launch WiiU with the current line up.

As for Wii's failure in the last two years. Yes that is entirely Nintendo's fault they focused to heavily on their non gamers and allowed their core to leave. Later on when they turned to the core they were there to bail Nintendo out.

Reggie has said it time and time again. Nintendo needs both core and casual they cannot neglect one for the other. They are both important. But Nintendo in Japan doesn't appear to acknowledge this!

When i said rumors i just meant in general, not just EA, like that GTA5 rumor, dont know where the hell that came from.  But again I say, you believed them, some didnt. Believe half of what you see none of what your hear.

As for Wii failures, i think its more than two years at least in terms of gaming library, but thats something for another time.

As for Reggie, if he did say that, that is the smartest thing to come out of anyone from the Ninty camp in some time.

Reggie is brilliant and he is probably the smartest person at Nintendo from a business stand point. I think when he makes his promises he genuinely intends to do them, when he was with VH1 he did wonders he had far more control. But I get the feeling that Japan clips his wings every time he tries to do something.

-JC7

If a gamer did not buy a Wii, then he wont buy a WiiU. People buy nintendo consoles for nintendo games. I know that nintendo is trying to offer the hardcore games a "better" way to interact with games, but I dont give a damn about the tablet game pad.

I think I posted before, but since I just recently started playing Rayman Origins, I'm very excited for the WiiU for the following games: New Super Mario, Pikmin 3, ZombiU and Rayman Legends. Not as excited but I'll probably also get Batman: Arkham City, AC3 and Ninja Gaiden 3.