By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Are You Convinced On WiiU? **UPDATED with launch window games list**

Are you convinced to buy the WiiU?

YESS...especially after this E3! 210 31.16%

NO..I need moar! 196 29.08%

NOO NOOO *Darth Vader's Episode VI one* 178 26.41%

Maybe.... 90 13.35%

Total:674

Exactly what I intend to do NintendoPie. I wouldn't see it as a rip off if it retails at 250$ or less. But the line up is one of the weakest of any Nintendo system in recent memory. If you were following Nintendo's twitter and Facebook page you would see I am far from the only one super pissed at Nintendo's choice to lie about supporting the core. You should have seen Twitter light up when THQ announced Metro's cancellation and when EA said that they were no longer bringing their core IP twitter went mad. According to GameTrailersTV Nintendo actually lost E3 this year and I couldn't help but agree with everything they said.

PS I have always been a major Nintendo supporter and I remain a strong supporter of the company and its IP. I still think the company is the best game publisher on earth. However I think Keats's failure to launch 3DS successfully and his epic failure at E3 this year. Sorry I'd say its time for Reggie to replace him or if Iwata doesn't step down Reggie should take most of the controls in North America but also be given huge control over the studios in Japan to ensure that Nintendo has global appeal.

I will buy a WiiU, just not at launch without a 250$ price tag and Pikmin3 online day one.

Also if you still think E3 was good and Nintendo showed gamers why they should buy a WiiU. Take a look at Nintendo's stock value it dropped by 3.5 within a day of E3 and continued to fall for days.

This time round you have Rol. I mean I'm the guy who believes Nintendo should target early adopters and its core demographic with casuals taking a secondary seat. This time Rol got the line up he always wanted MarioU and some casual junk!

I'm so furious with Nintendo. Because they promised so much last year and they simply didn't deliver what they promised. Even Reggie at the beginning of this E3 said we have to many games to show that we cant fit 3DS games in. Then as the show began he said that it was all about the games. Then failed to deliver the games he had promised last year!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:

I'm not going to buy a console and get ripped off again when Nintendo cuts price by 70-100$. Nintendo is repeating their strategy with 3DS well actually their doing worse at least the 3DS had almost unanimous third party support at launch till the games were cancelled due to the horrible sales!

seriously, stop exaggerating; you're being ridiculous now.  You talk about how 'the games' were cancelled on the 3DS, when in reality is was really just Megaman Legends 3 (which was almost certainly due to Inafune leaving Capcom), and what would've almost certainly been at best medium buget and profile spin offs for Assassin's Creed and Saints Row.  To suggest Capcom cancelled MML3 due to the 3DS' initial sales, while continuing to making their far more important games for the 3DS (Monster Hunter, Resident Evil) is just lunacy.

Obviously those games' inclusion would make the 3DS' library even better, the 3rd party games announced since then (MH3G and 4, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Project X Zone) considerably outweigh them.

And again, why are ignoring P-100?

Whether or not people liked the system was decided before any information was released based on nothing aside from whether or not they like Nintendo.

Threads like this are pointless because it would require that people are using unbiased logic to decide.

Joelcool7 said:
Exactly what I intend to do NintendoPie. I wouldn't see it as a rip off if it retails at 250$ or less. But the line up is one of the weakest of any Nintendo system in recent memory. If you were following Nintendo's twitter and Facebook page you would see I am far from the only one super pissed at Nintendo's choice to lie about supporting the core. You should have seen Twitter light up when THQ announced Metro's cancellation and when EA said that they were no longer bringing their core IP twitter went mad. According to GameTrailersTV Nintendo actually lost E3 this year and I couldn't help but agree with everything they said.
How could it be on of the weakest when it has several great games? (Pikmin, Mario, ZombiU, NintendoLand, Assassins Creed 3.)
PS I have always been a major Nintendo supporter and I remain a strong supporter of the company and its IP. I still think the company is the best game publisher on earth. However I think Keats's failure to launch 3DS successfully and his epic failure at E3 this year. Sorry I'd say its time for Reggie to replace him or if Iwata doesn't step down Reggie should take most of the controls in North America but also be given huge control over the studios in Japan to ensure that Nintendo has global appeal.
Reggie taking over studios would not be a good idea.
I will buy a WiiU, just not at launch without a 250$ price tag and Pikmin3 online day one.
Fine.
Also if you still think E3 was good and Nintendo showed gamers why they should buy a WiiU. Take a look at Nintendo's stock value it dropped by 3.5 within a day of E3 and continued to fall for days.
Stocks have been proven to not mean anything, seriously. Do you really care what the ShareHolders think? EDIT: It's up to your personal opinion.
This time round you have Rol. I mean I'm the guy who believes Nintendo should target early adopters and its core demographic with casuals taking a secondary seat. This time Rol got the line up he always wanted MarioU and some casual junk!

I'm so furious with Nintendo. Because they promised so much last year and they simply didn't deliver what they promised. Even Reggie at the beginning of this E3 said we have to many games to show that we cant fit 3DS games in. Then as the show began he said that it was all about the games. Then failed to deliver the games he had promised last year!

@joecool so let me get this straight, your hating on ME3 and Batman for being late ports, but in the same breath talk about SC and FarCry, not only were they horrible ports of the original games, they were even later. You like RS?? fair enough, I think you would be in the minority there. This whole part makes you seem like a hypocrite.

Reggie aint calling the shots, but he is the one making promises. SO either he is talking out his ass as usual or he just got bum info and they made him look like the puppet he is. Pick your poison.

Im not saying its a great lineup, hell there is not ONE game in that entire lineup that would make me get it. But its launch. All launches suck IMHO, so this is just par for the course.
And FYI, how can you blame Ninty if 3rd parties are pulling support. THQ?? They have no damn money, why dont people get that.

Around the Network

Joelcool7 has to be trolling us, I can't see it any other way.

We've gone from people pledging to send death threats to Reggie for not localising a few games, to now people wanting him to take over from Iwata; wtf?

Using stock values to determine how successful the WiiU launch will be is just ludicrous in itself

Finally, I want a definition of what the 'core' really is. The WiiU already has medium-high profile 4 games announced that I think would appeal to the so called 'core': DQX, NSMBU, P-100 and Pikmin 3. I fail to see how Nintendo lied about this.

Sadly not.

I will get one eventually (guaranteed), but 3DS has taught me that the early bird pays a heck of a lot more for the worm. and lives to regret it. I'm also very cautious of the term "launch window" - they're a lot bigger windows than you might think. And finally there really wasnt anything that interested my on the horizon for WiiU. Pikmin and 2D Mario arent bad but they've never been real favourites. I was hoping for something first party that was completely new and exciting (no not Nintendoland) or at least a glimpse of Smash Bros - oh and to top it all I wont have a wifi signal for at least 12 months so cant even use the network (not Nintendos fault but still...)

However ask the same question this time next year and I'm confident Nintendo will have some great games on the horizon for WiiU and my answer will probably be yes :)

This is the first time I have ever agreed with him openly but I have to admit Malstrom's reaction to the Wii U launch line up is far more sane than those of some of the people posting here.

You can go read his blog if you like, I'm not gonna force anybody. He's not saying that Wii U is the second coming, just being a bit more optimistic than many on the site. At the very least you could say he is giving the console the benefit of the doubt (you know, since it hasn't launched yet).

I think this small excerpt says it all:

" Ahh, the Xbox 360 Launch Titles. Most were ports and Kameo was a Gamecube reject."

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

I wanna see the other two consoles first before i make any judgement.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

I´m giving this system the benefit of the doubt.Their conference was very, very disappointing as far as I´m concerned (all three conferences were, really), but I won´t judge things based on launch games.

Honestly, I expect the next Xbox and PS4 to continue to be the center of attention when it comes to the major 8th gen core 3rd party games (especially Western ones), I don´t expect anything significant to change on that front, but Nintendo systems, to me, are all about Nintendo games (ever since the N64), so the thought of whatever Nintendo/Retro are planning is enough for me to seriously consider getting the system, it´s just not set in stone yet.