By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Are You Convinced On WiiU? **UPDATED with launch window games list**

Are you convinced to buy the WiiU?

YESS...especially after this E3! 210 31.16%

NO..I need moar! 196 29.08%

NOO NOOO *Darth Vader's Episode VI one* 178 26.41%

Maybe.... 90 13.35%

Total:674
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
Oh, I'll just be pissed, but you'd need to be nuts to think COD is not coming out on WiiU. If it doesn't I'll probably punch a wall.

I am completly indifferent to the situation, I dont care if it comes or not, I have two machines that can play the game (three if you count Vita). I just dont want you breaking your hand then you wont be able to type entertaining angry posts.

Hahaha :)
I'm glad you're a fan. Personally, I'm the opposite of indifferent, I'm actually really passionate about the topic. I want Nintendo to do well, I want them to be a serious key player across the industry, so small things like this matter to me.

I like punching things so if something like that happens it'll be really hard to resist

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
AndrewWK said:
I don´t understand why Bioware makes only Mass Effect 3 for the WiiU? They should do at least the second as well. You can´t appreciate the game fully if you have not played its predecessors.

I agree.

They might not want to though as it might not generate enough sales for EA, as we know they love their money.

Everybody loves money.

I think the main problem with the E3 that let a lot of people down was the lack of core games in the presentation. They shouldn't have spent so much time on NintendoLand and SiNG.

However, we all know that the core games are coming for the systems. Assassin's Creed, Darksiders II, Batman, ZombiU, and a ton more. Also NSMBU. There will actually be a ton of core games at launch. I just think they could have and should have focused on that a lot more. But the more I think about it, there really will be a nice core game launch.

I am also excited about TV/Movies possibilities. They already demonstrated how the GamePad functions as a TV remote. You can also watch YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Amazon video, and probably more on the system. What I am also really excited about (in addition to some great games) is the fact that the Wii U could really nail the all-purpose TV/video set-top-box. With HD-streaming, the bluray is already kind of obsolete.

As let down as I was in the E3 presentation, I will be getting one at launch, and I'm sure a lot of you guys will too.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
Oh, I'll just be pissed, but you'd need to be nuts to think COD is not coming out on WiiU. If it doesn't I'll probably punch a wall.

I am completly indifferent to the situation, I dont care if it comes or not, I have two machines that can play the game (three if you count Vita). I just dont want you breaking your hand then you wont be able to type entertaining angry posts.

I'm glad you're a fan. Personally, I'm the opposite of indifferent, I'm actually really passionate about the topic. I want Nintendo to do well, I want them to be a serious key player across the industry, so small things like this matter to me.

I like punching things so if something like that happens it'll be really hard to resist

thats the problem right there.

Downloadable titles's list is missing in the op. The ones I remember seeing were Trine 2, Cloudberry Kingdom and Runner 2.

Anyway, YES OP.

-Games I want to buy day 1:
NSMBU
Pikmin 3
Assassins Creed 3

-Games I'm interested:
Trine 2
ZombiU
Mass Effect 3
P-100

I think Nintendo Land will come packed with the console.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Here is a pic posted to Facebook about an Fzero mini-game in NintendoLand. Maybe this game isn't so bad after all? It has a lot of minigames of some pretty cool franchises. I'm not ready to discount it yet, it could be a pretty sweet party game.

I'm planning on buying one but there isn't one single game on that list that has my interest.

I really want to buy a Wii U this year, but due to a back injury and being out of work I won't be able to afford one :(.

I'm not. The tablet controller just seems like a bad idea, all it appears to do is add more fuzz and clunk to regular actions in games and I can see it getting really tiresome after a while, not to mention how unwieldy it seems at times.
Then there's online, Nintendo are starting to look a bit silly here, the Wii had almost no online implementation at all and their heads stated that it "wasn't important". Well it is and they realize that now.
Problem is, they're late to the party so all their "amazing" features likely exist in better form already and their whole approach kind of seems like an elderly person trying a smartphone for the first time.
There's also the fact that Nintendo have very few allies in the online gaming and functionality realm so they won't be able to provide anything that the PS4 and Nextbox won't do better

They are also touting HD as a selling point now, trying to make us excited that they release a console that can play HD content roughly six years too late. Their attempt to appeal to more "mature" audiences and developers could also fall flat since they appear to have set themselves up for the same troubles as the 7th generation; the competing consoles have a lot more horsepower (the gap won't be as vast as the Wii and PS360 though) and the WiiU could end up as an obscure and distant choice for multiplats and other 3rd party efforts, especially given their strained relations with developers from way back. Seems kinda like they're trying to be a lot like the competition in many ways.

Bottom line; they're biting off way too much to chew, they're trying to lure in casual tablet and phone "gamers" with their tablet ruse, they want to keep their motion control fans by keeping Wii-mote support and publishing very few titles that actually fully utilize the capability of this rather underappreciated controller and they want the "hardcore" to revel in late ports of games such as Mass Effect III.
They're trying to appease everyone but that won't work, Sony's Move and MS' Kinect should be proof enough of that, as should the Wii's serial flopping "hardcore" 3rd party titles.

And how much will this thing cost anyway? How much will peripherals and games cost? Everyone always thinks; "oh, well, they're Nintendo, they know what they're doing." You know what? I'm kind of getting the impression that they don't sometimes and the WiiU seems like irrefutable proof of it to me.
No, I am not convinced on the WiiU and my belief that it will lag far behind the Wii in lifetime sales stands firm.
They're trying to make the WiiU some kind of Jack of All Trades but might very well end up making it a Jackass instead.

oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

thats the problem right there.

Dah, it's a problem for you, because that rubs you the wrong way. It doesn't make me less correct, just a little more expressive, and possibly overly hopeful. But I keep my posts neutral almost always, so is it a problem?

I use the strengths of my passion and do my best to keep the irrational side at bay (which I find I do a pretty good job at in general), so I disagree! *with intonation*

On a side note, punching walls can be very fun at times.