By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot for next gen, repeat of Wii all over again

Honestly they're in big trouble. The hardcore gamers still feel totally alienated. Big strategic mistake to go all out on the casual again. The casual market this time around will be so much smaller than the Wii/Kinect market.

Around the Network
TeddostheFireKing said:
Nintendo really have, Nintendo wants to get hardcore gamers? They need Madden, FIFA, CoD Black Ops 2 AND ROCKSTAR.

Batman, Assassin's Creed 3 and ME3 are good starts, but Batman doesn't look that much different than the others versions. AC 3 will be just as good, but you've already got a system to play it on as that is were the previous titles are. ME3 is good, but in such a story driven game, they'll be lucky to beat ME2's PS3 sales :/

Nintendo Land too, I thought Nintendo didn't like the childish image? I'm sorry, but most guys between 12-18 are going to shun that in an instant :/

(And Call Me Maybe IS NOT going to get the crowd going!!!!)

Finally :P, 3rd Parties? Yeah, if your only talking about Warner Brothers and Ubisoft :/

Thq is bringing Darksiders and Metro at least :D

kowenicki said:
Scoobes said:
Anyone else think that the addition of a second touch screen controller and the potential extra RAM and resources that takes up may have lead to the rumors about devs complaining of a lack of power?

Developing for a set amount of RAM only to have that suddenly taken away because of the need for a new controller would probably irk some of them.

But I still think the console has a lot of potential. Just look at what Ubisoft are doing with it, lol.

did he actually say it CAME with a second controller or that it could manage two controllers?

My understanding was it could use another controller, but that could theoretically mean that they'd need to reserve some extra resources for a second tablet. 

It felt like a relatively late addition considerring no games that made use of a second tablet were shown.

Calling it a "repeat of Wii all over again" tells me you have zero idea what you're talking about.

Still, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and again, so yes, they blew it.

shakarak said:
TeddostheFireKing said:
Nintendo really have, Nintendo wants to get hardcore gamers? They need Madden, FIFA, CoD Black Ops 2 AND ROCKSTAR.

Batman, Assassin's Creed 3 and ME3 are good starts, but Batman doesn't look that much different than the others versions. AC 3 will be just as good, but you've already got a system to play it on as that is were the previous titles are. ME3 is good, but in such a story driven game, they'll be lucky to beat ME2's PS3 sales :/

Nintendo Land too, I thought Nintendo didn't like the childish image? I'm sorry, but most guys between 12-18 are going to shun that in an instant :/

Finally :P, 3rd Parties? Yeah, if your only talking about Warner Brothers and Ubisoft :/

I did see Darksiders in the videos, but didn't THQ say after last year that they weren't actually using footage from the WiiU version of the game? I fear it may be something similar.

Metro: Last Light was said to be ported over later IIRC? I fear Darksiders may share a similar fate, THQ don't have the money to hire more developers :/ Which is a shame for Nintendo really :/

Also, want to keep the childish image? Present LEGO City >.> (the game actually look really good xD but again, 12-18 are going to shun that in an instant)

Around the Network

Nintendo has New Super Mario Bros Wii U for Wii U and New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS. They gave what Maelstrom says the masses want.

Let just see how right he is now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

shakarak said:
TeddostheFireKing said:

Metro is no longer in development for Wii U.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/29/metro-last-light-no-longer-in-development-for-wii-u/

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

They certainly didn't create the impression that they're trying something different with Wii U, however their positioning in the market could make the difference in picking up that third party support, with the Nintendo first party edge picking up the slack in other matters. Larger matters of strategy should keep them safe, and it's clear that they're not focusing on "games the developers want to make," and so may be avoiding the problems that tripped up the early 3DS

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

BasilZero said:
50/50 with the hardware, interested in Mario games, Pikmin and the Nintendoland, but everything else was boring as hell.

Cant wait for the 3DS show tommorrow, it WILL be better I am sure,

The World Ends With You 2. E3 is won by Nintendo.

BasilZero said:
UltimateUnknown said:
BasilZero said:
50/50 with the hardware, interested in Mario games, Pikmin and the Nintendoland, but everything else was boring as hell.

Cant wait for the 3DS show tommorrow, it WILL be better I am sure,

The World Ends With You 2. E3 is won by Nintendo.

Havent played the first one yet but will soon!

Just give me Pokemon and I will declare Nintendo 10/10.

Pokemon 3DS would not only win Nintendo this E3 but the next one to come. But unfortunately some things just don't happen :(