By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot for next gen, repeat of Wii all over again

selnor said:
freebs2 said:
selnor said:
Wii U seemed really bad after Smartglass was shown. The potential and scope of Smartglass quite frankly just killed Nintendo for me.

So basically you wanted WiiU for TV web browsing and dashboard navigation?

No.

Smartglass can do all that, plus the same thing for games as wii u. Smartglass potential goes beyond the house to. Not stuck to 20 feet or whatever the distance.

Trolling or serious?

Around the Network
TeddostheFireKing said:
kitler53 said:
TeddostheFireKing said:
Nintendo really have, Nintendo wants to get hardcore gamers? They need Madden, FIFA, CoD Black Ops 2 AND ROCKSTAR.

Batman, Assassin's Creed 3 and ME3 are good starts, but Batman doesn't look that much different than the others versions. AC 3 will be just as good, but you've already got a system to play it on as that is were the previous titles are. ME3 is good, but in such a story driven game, they'll be lucky to beat ME2's PS3 sales :/

Nintendo Land too, I thought Nintendo didn't like the childish image? I'm sorry, but most guys between 12-18 are going to shun that in an instant :/

(And Call Me Maybe IS NOT going to get the crowd going!!!!)

Finally :P, 3rd Parties? Yeah, if your only talking about Warner Brothers and Ubisoft :/

woah, wait, WHAT!  did carly rae jepsen make and appearance?!?   oh man, now i'm actually excited to see this conference.  I fucking lover her!

lol not quite :P I would've been happy if she was there too, but they just used Call Me Maybe as their song in Nintendo's new Karoke game :/

speaking of which, did anyone else notice the microphone was attached to the WiiU not the controller? I think that's a major oversight, it would be so much easier if they attached the mic to the controller :/

boooo.... *goes to youtube to get my carly fix*  ...oh yeah! 

BasilZero said:

According to the rumor its 30,000 yen or will be (unofficial), does this mean the system will cost somewhere between 300 - 350 dollars?

Closer to $400 :

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

freebs2 said:
selnor said:
freebs2 said:
selnor said:
Wii U seemed really bad after Smartglass was shown. The potential and scope of Smartglass quite frankly just killed Nintendo for me.

No.

Smartglass can do all that, plus the same thing for games as wii u. Smartglass potential goes beyond the house to. Not stuck to 20 feet or whatever the distance.

Trolling or serious?

Uh serious. Looks like you miss the point that it can doe gaming to in M$ press conference?

BasilZero said:
kitler53 said:
BasilZero said:

According to the rumor its 30,000 yen or will be (unofficial), does this mean the system will cost somewhere between 300 - 350 dollars?

japan ussually gets screwed pricing wise.  take the direct conversion and subtract at least $50s from it to get the US pricing.

$381 dollars after the conversion.

so -$50

331 dollars

So....349.99 seems more realistic though I would love to see a 299.99 price tag xD.

Yeah $350 seems more likely. Hopefully they'll have a launch/holiday bundle for early buyers.

e=mc^2

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
BasilZero said:

Closer to $400 :

30,000 yen = 250GBP = $385

selnor said:
freebs2 said:
selnor said:
freebs2 said:
selnor said:

No.

Trolling or serious?

Uh serious. Looks like you miss the point that it can doe gaming to in M$ press conference?

Can I play 360 games on my phone or tab?

e=mc^2

Pjams said:
Solid-Stark said:
BasilZero said:

Closer to $400 :

30,000 yen = 250GBP = $385

Yep

e=mc^2

selnor said:
Pjams said:
selnor said:
Pjams said:
selnor said:

Really, thats the best you can do? The Wii U tablet vs. Smartglass? It takes a special kind of blindness to create that in your head.

Cmon man did you watch M$ conference?

Smartglass interacts with phones and 360. game developers can use smartglass to incorporate Windows 8 Tablets, or Android tablets or Ipads as controllers or a 2nd screen. Possibility to have a full Skyrim map on Tablet while playing on your TV for example. Particularly loved the Halo 4 smartglass part. That was genius.

Then theres movies, music, internet etc stuff that Wii U cant even begin to do.

So yes, Smartglass has alot more potential than Wii U.

Right, and the Wii U tablet is a controller for Wii U games and the Wii U. So what excatly is your point? They are not competing technologies 

My point is, apart from Ninty exclusives you could port any 3rd party Wii U game to 360. Using Smartglass.

So you can either buy a Wii U this christmas or use your existing tablet, and have a Wii U this cristmas without spending the cash. Just wont have Mario.

Again, it takes a special kind of blindness to create this in your head. 

Solid-Stark said:
selnor said:
freebs2 said:
selnor said:
freebs2 said:
selnor said:

No.

Trolling or serious?

Can I play 360 games on my phone or tab?

I dont know about that, but that was and never will be the selling point. Wii U games that you can do that with obviously wont use the tablet to its potential.

The point of Wii U is 2 screens and touch with big screen. Not single screen gaming which I get already right now. :)