By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New info on Wii U controllers. PRO controller pic inside!

Saturo Iwata has revealed during Nintendo’s pre-E3 press conference that Wii U has been created to provide “something that will help unite people rather than divide them – whether in same room or great distances apart.”

Discussing how the controller has changed,  Iwata showed off the new analogue sticks and the buttons, which have been moved to make the controller more comfortable. An added NFC reader/writer, was also shown, allowing users to place figures on the WiiU Gamepad or scan AR cards. We are also told that WiiU GamePad has a TV control button and can be used as a fully independent infrared TV remote.

One of the biggest announcements is that Nintendo will release a WiiU pro controller, which you can see pictured below. Looks a bit like a 360 controller eh?

Source

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

Why are most companies obsessed with putting the analog sticks above the buttons?? I find it very uncomfortable (I hate the 360 controller)

Design-wise it is almost a 360 controller.

it would be perfect with 360 ports.. so it makes sense to release a controller like that..

mM

So it's an alliance of 2 companies...

Eww why are the analog sticks above the A/B/X/Y buttons? XD Never seen anything like that before

Around the Network

A 360 controller without a horrible D-pad? I'm in.

Smash Bros here I come

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Switch the buttons and the analog stick please.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Looks like a mix between a Dualshock and Xbox controller

Sony prolly gonna mimic this :)

360 controller is the best this gen, so no suprises there.