By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New info on Wii U controllers. PRO controller pic inside!

Khuutra said:
Turkish said:
Khuutra said:

Gamecube (or SNES) and Xbox

Dualshock ain't nowhere in there (as it shouldn't be)

Its basically a Dualshock controller, the sticks and buttons are just switched from place. The design looks like that of an xbox controller. Gamecube or even a snes(lol) dont even come close.

The shape is taken from the Xbox, the grips fro mthe Gamecube, the face buttons from the SNES

There is literally no part of it that's like the Dualshock except that they both have two control sticks

Dont think so, there is nothing Gamecube in it. The whole shape, the grips included resembles the 360 controller. The 2 sticks and D-pad+face buttons are parallel to each other just like on the Dualshock. While on the 360 and GC controller they're not. The difference with the Dualshock is that they switched, sticks are above.

Around the Network

Maybe it's better that way for shooter controls? I have no idea, I don't play FPSs

miz1q2w3e said:
sergiodaly said:

why you want unsymmetrical analog sticks? it makes no sense to me...
i find the placement of the analog in the upper position, the natural course of controllers evolution.
i myself predict this in fev 2010 proof iknow the pic sucks balls, but the date and my name in the file name its whats important here!

omg we should have you isntead of Pachter!

i can do it better and for half the cost! LOL

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Nintendo copying again, what a shame

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Just as long as the triggers arn't mushy, I'll be happy. Good thing you don't need to teather this like you had to with the classic controllers on the Wii.

Around the Network

Good of Nintendo to take what works and try to refine it. I look forward to seeing how this controller looks in my hands.

Not bad but it'll be tough adjusting to having the 4 face buttons below the right stick, as we are all used to it the other way around (Dual Shock, Xbox, GC, etc.)

At least they got the left stick part right... having it below the D-pad Dual-Shock style on the original Classic Controller sucked hard, but I guess that was because people who bought the CC or CCPro got it mainly for playing old-school Virtual Console games, so in that regard it made sense.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Not sure about butons placement, but that will depend on the distance between them, if the controller is as small as the classic pro i will be fine.

The button layout looks like it's taken from Playstation, and the controller is from 360.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

chapset said:
Nintendo copying again, what a shame

Who's copying who again?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.