By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New info on Wii U controllers. PRO controller pic inside!

Still arguing about who stole from who?? Grown up, and lets be real that thing looks like a 360 controller, which is okay, christ there only so much designs you can do anyway.

OT, im skeptical. I dont really care for the 360 controller, its a little big and i find its bad for fighting games (my fave genre), at least Ninty has a better dpad but im not liking the button placement, that was the one thing i did like on 360 controller. BUT im just glad that Ninty is covering all the bases and making sure all control schemes are covered.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

i really hope you dont have to buy this seperatly as with the wii, ie purchasing the classic controller

Why would they include it... you get the same control configuration with the Upad.

I suspect the console itself will come with a Upad and a Wii remote+ & nunchuck out of the box. Which covers the vast majority of control methods (ie everything that's not ridiculously specific like the balance board or guitar controller.

Argh_College said:
VGKing said:
Argh_College said:

Looks really good just like the 360 one...

But i doubt it will be as good as the new version of Xbox controller with the new dpad. But who knows it looks identical.

Copying Ps3 controller would be a huge mistake, controller is bad very bad and this one actually seems decent, lets see if it can top the king of controllers.

Good luck Nintendo please blow me away with some megatons!

lmfao. Maybe if you're used to the 360 controller. But even then I don't know why you would its very bad. I see what you're doing here though. You have a history of saying stuff like this. Reported.

its just my opinion. i dont know why you are so upset about it. i dont like ps3 controller and i think its horrible and the worst controller of this gen imo.

While I agree that the PS3 controller is the worth of the big three right now (hate those triggers), the 360 DPad is pretty terrible too.  There's a reason they released that fancy new controller-- so they could have a DPad that was at least on par with Sony and Nintendo's DPads.

Personally, I really like the Pro controller or whatever they're calling it, I just hope it's supported.  I was a little put off at first by where the right analog was, but thinking about it some, it seems to make a lot of sense.

Every 'traditional' controller since the SNES controller has used it as the base design, bits and pieces where added such as analog (N64), dual analog sticks (PS1) and trigger shoulder buttons (Dreamcast, if memory serves me correctly).

Nice innovate controller you got there Nintendo......