By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New info on Wii U controllers. PRO controller pic inside!

I like the design a lot and I'm glad Nintendo made it more like the 360 controller as it is great.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
So after a generation of telling us that the HD consoles were stupid and would have to follow their lead to survive and that motion controls were the shizzle, they decide to announce a black 360 controller?!

It's obviously not a 360 controller, sheesh, MummelMann. 

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NightDragon83 said:

But then again, you can't really blame Sony for constantly ripping off their competitors, because when left to their own devices, they came up with this gem of a controller...

I haven't laughed that much for a long time

I'm happy you quoted this, One. It's freaking hilarious! 

It obviously has nothing to do with the360 controller exept in the minds of people who are dying to lable Nintendo as copying so that their preferred current gen HD console won't look as bad now. The 360 controller is just a copy of others itself with the, primarily the Dreamcast.

Also the default coloration of the 360 controller isn't black as well as there being no similarities in the design when looked at from other angles, so whoever made that gif is trying their hardest to make the associations by limited all avaiable data to the most similar "looking" aspects. The clearest sign of this is that people refuse to even view the other probabilities of where the design as they know it would instantly shoot down their claim. They want this to be a copy with all of their being but its a generic Nintendo design from the starts. How can you copy a controller that is just a copy of your own to begin with?

The Pro design is pretty much the Gamecube controller fused with the SNES

+

===============================

+==

===

i'm a multi-console owner (but nintendo lover at heart). i have to say though- the wii u pro controller looks way more ergonomic than 360 or dualshock. The thumbstick positions look way more comfortable on the top corners of the controller, where your thumbs naturally fall. we wont know until it's actually released, but this looks good.

Around the Network

Looks very nice....

yeah a clone of xbox360 controller !! but its Great ... COD need this Controller

Great Move Nintendo

famousringo said:
I'm just pissed off that Nintendo's going to start using those crappy clickable thumbsticks that everybody else has been using.

Have I mentioned that they're crappy? They take the most important input on a gamepad and make it squidgier so that you can maybe sometimes hit a really awkward button intentionally (but more likely you'll hit it unintentionally).

I blame third parties and their dream of developing for just one console.

Aye, i'm bugged by their capitulation to the dudecore on that regard too. Nothing wrong with clickable thumbsticks, but the idea of going with the crowd bugs me. Pro Pad does too

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i like it, looks like a 360 controller!

My only problem is that they didn't announce that two Wii U Gamepads could work on one console. Everything else was fine.

All similarities are coincidental as I have shown. Nintendo doesn't steal other ideas as it doesn't need to. Nintendo has its own (many)superior designs and it only needs to use those, which it did.