By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New info on Wii U controllers. PRO controller pic inside!

Sweet,I just couldn't imagine playing smash bros with the tablet

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Mummelmann said:
So after a generation of telling us that the HD consoles were stupid and would have to follow their lead to survive and that motion controls were the shizzle, they decide to announce a black 360 controller?!

Thanks for joining the stupid argument of who copied who. This was the intent of the thread.

I'm sorry I posted a humorous comment you didn't appreciate. I shall retire in shame for now.

It just goes to show the evolution of the game pad has more or less peaked.

There are little quibbling issues over whether X analog stick should be above or below the D-pad/face buttons, or the layout of the trigger buttons, etc. but for the most part these are minor differences that pander more to personal preferences than superior or more evolved design.

Personally, I like it. About the only thing I would change is the convex analog stick heads, simply because I prefer concave heads like on the Xbox 360 pad. The D-pad looks to be Nintendo standard, which is to say it should be perfect. Shape and ergonomics do look a lot like the Xbox 360 pad, which itself was an evolution of the DS2 with better contours and better shoulder triggers.

Mummelmann said:
So after a generation of telling us that the HD consoles were stupid and would have to follow their lead to survive and that motion controls were the shizzle, they decide to announce a black 360 controller?!

It also comes in white!

lilbroex said:
Sal.Paradise said:
NightDragon83 said:
chapset said:
Nintendo copying again, what a shame

Who's copying who again?

Hahahahahahaha.

"Shocking rip-off Sony! What were they thinking!"

"What? They look nothing alike!"

The first dual shock didn't copy the N64's "design".  it had a copy of its features which the N64 controller made popular with its dynamic use. Those being analog control and rumble. The N64 wasn't the first to use analog control but it was the first to make it a standard of the system as well as rumble and its showed the benefits through intuitive use which is why Sony realeased a second controller with those features. The same with move and the Wii Mote. Nintendo showed what could be done with it then sony ripped off the concept.

The classic controller pro's look is just what is name says. Nintendo's "classic" designs put together  which predates the Xbox altogether. That design being the Gamecube and SNES. The current 360 controller is the shell design of the Dreamcast, with the gamecube controller layout and dualshock buttons/function.

Nobody can copy it, because its a rip off all around.

To my knowledge, this will be the first console to have a standard controller with a right analog stick above the main input buttons. The analog over the D-pad was first done by Nintendo.

+=

You sure about that?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Lol... Its nintendo's time to copy.

Yay!!!

http://www.thephoneonline.co.uk/free-gift-contracts.asp find that

this web link is a wii controler and all free gifts extra info. link, plz find it!!!!!!

Thanks

Abner

zimbawawa said:
Sony prolly gonna mimic this :)

360 controller is the best this gen, so no suprises there.

That phrase doesn't always work. This time, Nintendo is obviously the unoriginal one.

OT: Looks very comfortable. I don't see a reason to switch place on the right stick and buttons though. Why not just follow the Gamecube design, Nintendo?

Hopefully, this is all part of the 'developer feedback'.

NightDragon83 said:

But then again, you can't really blame Sony for constantly ripping off their competitors, because when left to their own devices, they came up with this gem of a controller...

I haven't laughed that much for a long time

I'll take the Pewdiepie route: I DON'T CARE WHO'S COPYING WHO, I WANT THE GAMES!

So i have seen the sneak peak at the new SMB for WiiU.

Just this:

O_________________________________________________________O

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum