By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New info on Wii U controllers. PRO controller pic inside!

Oh Snap, at first I saw that the controller looks like a 360 controller, then I realized this is vgchartz.... which means this thread is going to be how much Nintendo Innovates or how much some thing looks like some thing and all that flaming stuff, and then out of bloody nowhere comes that one person talking about how much Sony is amazing and then list all the exclusives and shit, I am going to bet atleast one people is going to be banned for this thread.

I am going to turn 360 degrees and walk away from this post.... backwards...! 

**at first I was Dog then I Human'd

Around the Network

loving the innovation

seriously it looks like they 'borrowed' the design from the 360 controller and made it worse! I mean that placement of sticks smh

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It just this pad with one extra button on the back and a new lay out.....

chapset said:

no even close, move was in developement since 95 and Sony had joystick in their walkman since 82, nice try

Source?

Oh hold on, you're not actually serious right?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

chapset said:
NightDragon83 said:
SlumsofOhio said:
NightDragon83 said:
chapset said:
Nintendo copying again, what a shame

Who's copying who again?

Sony does it better.

At least Nintendo's motion controllers don't look like sex toys.

no even close, move was in developement since 95 and Sony had joystick in their walkman since 82, nice try

yeah, because everyone knows Sony invented the joystick lmao!  And Sony was developing motion controls for game consoles before their first console was even released worldwide?!? Nice fail at trolling there.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Its basically a Dualshock controller, the sticks and buttons are just switched from place. The design looks like that of an xbox controller. Gamecube or even a snes(lol) dont even come close.

Seriously, there is no DualShock in there, at all.

For sure 360 influenced, though.

M.U.G.E.N said:
seriously it looks like they 'borrowed' the design from the 360 controller and made it worse! I mean that placement of sticks smh

I guess you should try before tell. If it's confortable, it may be an advantage to have the d-pad lined with front buttons, expecially if you are playing 2D games or fighting games. For most FPS/action games lately shoulder buttons are more important than front buttons anyway so it's also not a bad thing having analog sticks aligned. 

Looks really good just like the 360 one...

But i doubt it will be as good as the new version of Xbox controller with the new dpad. But who knows it looks identical.

Copying Ps3 controller would be a huge mistake, controller is bad very bad and this one actually seems decent, lets see if it can top the king of controllers.

Good luck Nintendo please blow me away with some megatons!

freebs2 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I guess you should try before tell. If it's confortable, it may be an advantage to have the d-pad lined with front buttons, expecially if you are playing 2D games or fighting games. For most FPS/action games lately shoulder buttons are more important than front buttons anyway so it's also not a bad thing having analog sticks aligned. 

the issue is not having them aligned. (I  love my Dualshock) it's having them at the place they are. this looks uncomfortable as hell. But you are right final verdict will be after trying it out but for now, from the looks of it, it's a horrible design choice.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

No one is talking about this being a separate peripheral, why? what do they mean by separate exactly?