By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New info on Wii U controllers. PRO controller pic inside!

Areym said:
Heavenly_King said:
Why are most companies obsessed with putting the analog sticks above the buttons?? I find it very uncomfortable (I hate the 360 controller)

Design-wise it is almost a 360 controller.

Agreed . The 360 controller is awkward as all hell to me. This doesn't look any better and I guess they didn't wanna try anything crazy new either

Don't fix what isn't broken I suppose.

no clue if i'm stupid but doesn't he say 360 controller has anlog sticks above buttons? because this is not true, 360 controller has the stick below the buttons.

Around the Network

I just dislike the N64 controller.

That analog was too touchy and all my 4 controllers had them broken!

NintendoPie said:
Turkish said:

Its basically a Dualshock controller, the sticks and buttons are just switched from place. The design looks like that of an xbox controller. Gamecube or even a snes(lol) dont even come close.

Seriously, there is no DualShock in there, at all.

For sure 360 influenced, though.

Dualshock has D-Pad and Face Buttons in parallel layout and so are its analog sticks. This is what they Wii U copied from the Dualshock.

This is what Turkish is trying to tell you.

VGKing said:

Dualshock has D-Pad and Face Buttons in parallel layout and so are its analog sticks. This is what they Wii U copied from the Dualshock.

This is what Turkish is trying to tell you.

You've got to be kidding me....

crissindahouse said:
Areym said:
Heavenly_King said:
Why are most companies obsessed with putting the analog sticks above the buttons?? I find it very uncomfortable (I hate the 360 controller)

Design-wise it is almost a 360 controller.

Agreed . The 360 controller is awkward as all hell to me. This doesn't look any better and I guess they didn't wanna try anything crazy new either

Don't fix what isn't broken I suppose.

no clue if i'm stupid but doesn't he say 360 controller has anlog sticks above buttons? because this is not true, 360 controller has the stick below the buttons.

Well the 360 has one analog stick ontop and the buttons on top across, then the other analog below the buttons and D-pad below the top analog.

Just one analog stick on top is awkward enough for me (having used PS2/PS3 for so long) I can't imagine both.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Argh_College said:

Looks really good just like the 360 one...

But i doubt it will be as good as the new version of Xbox controller with the new dpad. But who knows it looks identical.

Copying Ps3 controller would be a huge mistake, controller is bad very bad and this one actually seems decent, lets see if it can top the king of controllers.

Good luck Nintendo please blow me away with some megatons!

lmfao. Maybe if you're used to the 360 controller. But even then I don't know why you would its very bad. I see what you're doing here though. You have a history of saying stuff like this. Reported.

Soriku said:

NintendoPie said:

The Classic Controller comes to mind.

The CC is fine because it's practically a copy of the Dualshock.

Without the comfort... 

The CC is not a good controller, the CCPro is alright, however.

wow called it in the IGN survey thread about those winning bitches of 3rd party developers about the WiiU remote. Lets see what excuse they have now.

i would much rather the buttons and analgoe stick be change. No one would call it copygin either, as Gamecube had that with the C stick.

It would have almsot made more sense to revamp the gamecube controller and made it fit for adult hands.

kinda defeats the purpose of the console...?