By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New info on Wii U controllers. PRO controller pic inside!

Turkish said:
Looks like a mix between a Dualshock and Xbox controller

Gamecube (or SNES) and Xbox

Dualshock ain't nowhere in there (as it shouldn't be)

Around the Network
Spazzy_D said:
A 360 controller without a horrible D-pad? I'm in.

I guess that is a good way to look at it. Still unique in that it is symetrical with the right thumbstick above the face buttons

why you want unsymmetrical analog sticks? it makes no sense to me...
i find the placement of the analog in the upper position, the natural course of controllers evolution.
i myself predict this in fev 2010 proof iknow the pic sucks balls, but the date and my name in the file name its whats important here!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Khuutra said:
Turkish said:

Its basically a Dualshock controller, the sticks and buttons are just switched from place. The design looks like that of an xbox controller. Gamecube or even a snes(lol) dont even come close.

Turkish said:
Khuutra said:

Its basically a Dualshock controller, the sticks and buttons are just switched from place. The design looks like that of an xbox controller. Gamecube or even a snes(lol) dont even come close.

The shape is taken from the Xbox, the grips fro mthe Gamecube, the face buttons from the SNES

There is literally no part of it that's like the Dualshock except that they both have two control sticks

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Khuutra said:
Turkish said:

Khuutra's right, I don't see much DS in there tbh

Spazzy_D said:
A 360 controller without a horrible D-pad? I'm in.

Nintendo wins that battle by default lol! They're the only ones allowed to use this d-pad design..

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

sergiodaly said:

why you want unsymmetrical analog sticks? it makes no sense to me...
i find the placement of the analog in the upper position, the natural course of controllers evolution.
i myself predict this in fev 2010 proof iknow the pic sucks balls, but the date and my name in the file name its whats important here!

omg we should have you isntead of Pachter!

They probably have to have the stick and buttons the way there are so they don't get sued for copyright-infrigement.

its ok but i would rather they put the sticks at the front. its just what im used to

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018