By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA4 prediction thread.

brute said:
Mummelmann said:
Realistically; NA 360 and PS3 combined, about 5 million this year and 12 million LT.
Europe/others; 360 and PS3 combined, about 4 million this year and 10 million LT.
Maybe a tad optimistic, but I like GTA so I hope it does well (and I'm man enough to admit it instead of claiming celestial prediction powers... ).

you expet it to sell 22 million in NA+europe?thats more then ps2+xbox sales of SA even though those 2 equaled a much higher userbase so i think your prediction is unlikely to happen

True, but don't forget that this game is being hyped as the be-all and end-all of everything console-war-related.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

X360 will take NA
PS3 will take Others

X360 = 5 to 6 NA + 2 Others
PS3 = 1.5 NA + 3 Others

GTA = 13 - 15 million

I think a very quick start followed by incredible legs would favour the PS3 with it looking likely to sell a similar to slightly larger number of consoles than360 this year so lifetime i predict about 6 mln PS3 and 8 mln 360

How can you think if you don't know enough words?

How do you know what I think until you hear what I say.

Both by Vygotsky

PSN addy- solojohlo

Maybe I am nutz, but I haven't seen any print ads whatsoever and just the trailers. The game isn't being hyped really, by marketing standards. Maybe the game media, but that's all ...

brute said:
Mummelmann said:
Realistically; NA 360 and PS3 combined, about 5 million this year and 12 million LT.
Europe/others; 360 and PS3 combined, about 4 million this year and 10 million LT.
Maybe a tad optimistic, but I like GTA so I hope it does well (and I'm man enough to admit it instead of claiming celestial prediction powers... ).

you expet it to sell 22 million in NA+europe?thats more then ps2+xbox sales of SA even though those 2 equaled a much higher userbase so i think your prediction is unlikely to happen

GTA is more important now than it was last gen, especially since Rockstar probably (not certainly) won't even bring it to the PC this time.

Around the Network

Well actually, San Andreas did 3M in the US in 3 weeks, http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=3427

But then again, when San Andreas came out, there were 72M PS2s. That means 1/24 Ps2 owners bought it in those weeks. If that happens for Ps3 + X360, that is about 1M sold.

In Total, SA sold about 1/10 on both Ps2 and XB, so we can expect total sales to be very much lower on this one that SA.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

So to conclude what I said, 700k X360 first month , 400k Ps3 first month.

Lifetime sales: X360 version: 3,5M Ps3 version: 4M

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

i think it's going to sell about 8 million (both consoles combined), because most gamers will get it, and since most ps3 owners are xbox360 owners as well.... ;p

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Mummelmann said:

22m???????????????????????? Are you sure, as much as I like GTA, I only think it will make it to 10m (5.5m to 4.5m)

1st month= 3.5m for 360 and 2.75m for PS3

360 Worldwide in 1st Month: 3 million
PS3 Worldwide in 1st Month: 2.4 million

360 Overall: 8 million
PS3 Overall: 7 million