By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA4 prediction thread.

So, the game will be released soon. What is your predictions?
I expect around 12 mln. x360 in usa and 6 mln. in europe,
and for ps3 5 mln. in usa and 5 mln. in europe of total consoles by that time.

So.. first month sales will be:
x360:
4,5 mln. in usa + 1,5 mln. in europe. Total 6 mln.
ps3:
2 mln. in usa + 2 mln. in europe. Total 4 mln.

I think, that this thread should be also revived after first 2 weeks of DMC4 WW sales will come. That anyone could add it`s 2nd corrected predictions. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Way too optimistic for both platforms first month IMO. I'm thinking 4 million 360 and 3 million PS3 first month.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

i expect xbox 360:

3.5 mill usa, 1mill europe

for ps3:

1.5mill usa, 2mill europe

lol, talking about being a bit too optimistic

don't let this thread die haha, we're in for a good laugh once GTAIV is released xD

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I'd say your figures are correct...for the whole of 2008.

Around the Network

GTA IV will sell. I'm going with close to 1 Million Units sold on each system by the first months sales end. The bulk of that number will be from first week release sales which will be 400,000-600,000.

In it's lifetime GTA IV will sell between 3.5-5.0 Million units total.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

10 mil in one month?

and u say wii predictors are overly-optimistic!

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

GTA IV will be a system seller. The 360 and maybe the PS3 will outsell the Wii for two weeks or so. People will spell the Wii's doom for those two weeks, before the PS3 and 360 dip down again.

And then Brawl comes out...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Too optomistic for first month.

FIrst month

PS3: 1.25 Mil

XBOX: 2.1 Mil

After CoD and AC did great numbers in one month, I'd expect the same if not more for this game.

Overall

PS3: 4 mil

XBOX 360: 4 - 5 mil

Think that the version will be very close to each other, depends on how big the episodic content will be.

lol, my predictions were for total sales, not first month