By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA4 prediction thread.

So wait, people are suggesting that this wont outsell Halo 3 lifetime? It will have a bigger first week, being on two different consoles with a larger install base.

People who buy Halo buy GTA as well. This site has to be Nintendo fanboy world for someone to predict the game barely breaking 1,000,000 first month on BOTH consoles. lol.

This game will sell better than SSBB in America. 15 million copies according to VGChartz. But like you all said, lets wait for the actual sales (lol)

Around the Network

I think that combined first month, sales will be about 5 million, possibly higher if the hype is that huge. By the end of the first year, expect sales to top 12 million combined.

First month:
Xbox 360: 3 million

PS3:  2 million

First year #'s:

360:  7 million

PS3:  5 million

This of course is all dependent on how sales after the release break down.  If alot of former PS2 gamers buy the PS3, expect the first year numbers to be a dead heat between the 360 and PS3 and possibly the PS3 being "slightly" higher.

Initially with the 360's user base being much larger, it will sell more on that system, then you'll see the PS3 eat into the lead.  

This is of course my "prediction" and is based on nothing more then my guesstimations.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

My first week prediction:

USA - X360 - 1.5 mln
USA - PS3 - 0.6 mln

Europe - X360 - 0.8 mln
Europe - PS3 - 1.3 mln

Overall: 4.2 mln

In the first month, I think this game will do 5m in sales. I also expect it to have mediocre legs that carry into holiday 08 and bump lifetime sales to the 9-9.5m mark.

By the end of 08, I expect it to sell 8-8.5m.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

End of the Year:

360: 3M in NA and 1.5M in others
PS3: 1.5M in NA and 2M in others

LT: 7M for 360 and 5.5M for PS3

Around the Network

360: USA: 2M EU: 1M =3M

PS3: USA: .75M EU: 1.25M =2M

Optimus Prime said:
End of the Year:

360: 3M in NA and 1.5M in others
PS3: 1.5M in NA and 2M in others

LT: 7M for 360 and 5.5M for PS3

Lets get this in perspective real quick. Assassins Creed. Launched Nov 13.

Xbox360- 2.53 million

PS3-1.63 million

GTA is the BEST SELLING series in recent history, other than Nintendogs, sims, and bundled games.

People will be buying consoles ONLY for this game, so how in the hell can this game only sell 3 million by the end of the year on the xbox360, and 1.5 in others.

Haha this is like "guess a ridiculously low number for the best selling console series in the past 10 years."

Are you all joking? Add on to that that this is the only mid-year game, other than MGS4, that AAA can be attached to. This series will be the best selling game of this generation if you combine both consoles by far. FAR better than either SMG or SSBB. If you have a reason why it wont sell, other than nintendo fan dreams, I would love to know.