Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us: Ellie's altered model

Tagged games:

December 2011 Ellie vs May 2012 Ellie

December Ellie 43 37.39%

May Ellie 72 62.61%

Total:115
PullusPardus said:
Ajescent said:
May removes any idea of "romance" between her and the dude, which I think is a wise move.

How are they going to fight extinction ?

I don't think Joel cares about that.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Some of you aren't responding to the OP (which is a problem in general with this site). I'm not looking for you to pick out the differences, I'm curious as to which version you prefer and why.

But you also asked why and you also put in a Poll. Therefore, I had already said which one I liked better and I was saying why in my posts.

PullusPardus said:
Ajescent said:
May removes any idea of "romance" between her and the dude, which I think is a wise move.

Jesus Christ Dude! Would you like to see a grown man fucking a kid?

While both were perfectly fine, the new one is preferabe in that she looks slightly more her supposed age, and it fits with her role.

that screen doesn't showcase the difference that much..the video does. The new ellie looks much younger and has chubbier cheeks! Lol

anywho 100% new ellie. Will help gamers focus on what matters, the game. Now the fact that hey she looks like dat actress (which btw may not be a bad thing :S)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

She looks barely any different and any version is good because she looks young regardless. If they were trying to make her look much younger they failed the new ellie just has more vibrant color like she put on make up.

the new ellie has a certain doey eyed innocence about her that's begging to be taken advantage of.

the old ellie has a something of a scared sadness that implies she'll do anything to seek daddy's approval.

i like them both.

Ajescent said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ajescent said:

Never really considered that, but makes perfect sense. Well that and, according to Naughty Dog, they wanted to modify Ellie to look more like her voice actress, Ashley Johnson.

When December came out, I remember reading opinion pieces everywhere saying there was an unspoken sexual tension and "feelings" between the pair in the trailers, which I never really saw. At the same time when it was revealed she's actually 14, questions were being asked about Joel being a peadophile (which makes sense considering NG said, he's not your A-typical good guy), "fixing" her face and explaining the protectiong storyline will hopefully remove all of that.

excellent observation. And I also think by making her look even younger, the situation she is in, the way the world around her has changed her, will be showcased better. It's the man she is so young but has been through so much mentality I suppose and it will work like a charm.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

RolStoppable said:
AndrewWK said:
PullusPardus said:
Ajescent said:

Jesus Christ Dude! Would you like to see a grown man fucking a kid?

Well, why not? Isn't it about damn time for games to tackle more mature themes than what we have now?

@OP: The right one. She looks hotter in that picture.

You must be from Austria :S

Let me explain: Sex=good, Pedophilie= not good. Maybe certain people don´t share my opinion but I think a grown should have Sex with people of his age. A 40 year old man having sex with a 14 year old kid is sick and this man needs threatment.

I agree that the younger May Ellie is better. We don't want a young adult and her friend, we want an innocent(-looking) child and her guardian. Or at least, I do. Hopefully we'll get Hit Girl and Big Daddy vibes from this.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective